All through the night: El Pasoans to ...

All through the night: El Pasoans to unite in prayers for border

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 5, 2011, titled All through the night: El Pasoans to unite in prayers for border. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Baltazar Pinon Neri, a former Juarez pastor who now lives in San Elizario, is spearheading an all-night vigil today at Harvest Christian Center, 1345 New Harvest Place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Secure the border

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 5, 2011
The most important agenda item is to seal the border in order to prevent further contamination of American values and culture.
Liam

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2011
I think I saw this pastor once. He seems like a great guy. He used to be a bug man but now he wants to save the border. Good show.
Escape from hell

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 5, 2011
It's time MEXICO do what needs done
To keep her people home!

SECURITY, they need to be armed!

JOBS, Get their bitts to work

And quit the whining because AMERICANS have had enough of this damn invasion of criminals!

KEEP YOUR PEOPLE HOME!

UNDERSTAND THIS!
Once they trespass on my TEXAS property, TEXAS LAWS APPLY?
Leroy

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2011
Escape from hell wrote:
It's time MEXICO do what needs done
To keep her people home!
SECURITY, they need to be armed!
JOBS, Get their bitts to work
And quit the whining because AMERICANS have had enough of this damn invasion of criminals!
KEEP YOUR PEOPLE HOME!
UNDERSTAND THIS!
Once they trespass on my TEXAS property, TEXAS LAWS APPLY?
You need to take a chill pill and a personal inventory too. You sound like a bitter old craphound with your selfish whining and backbiting. Show a little compassion and respect, my good man.
Had enough

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 5, 2011
Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to take a chill pill and a personal inventory too. You sound like a bitter old craphound with your selfish whining and backbiting. Show a little compassion and respect, my good man.
Sorry fella,
Compassion is long gone.

The weekly trespass is pushing the buttons.

Nothing selfish about expecting respect for law and order. I don't have a port of entry, nor do I sympathize for the criminals ignoring law.
Time for Texas applications.
Helpful court ruling

El Paso, TX

#7 Aug 5, 2011
News

Standard Speaker: Federal appeals court vacates ruling on Hazleton case

August 3rd

By Sam Galski, Staff Writer

The U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a mandate that declares Hazleton's immigration ordinance unconstitutional, the mayor confirmed Tuesday.

The development comes after the U.S. Supreme Court in June ordered the federal appeals court in Philadelphia to take another look at Hazleton's case.

Hazleton Mayor Joseph Yannuzzi called the development "good news" for the city and puts the city's controversial immigration law back in the hands of the Third Circuit court.

"The initial decision was in favor of the plaintiff - they said it was unconstitutional," Yannuzzi said of the original appeals court ruling last year. "Now they had to vacate that decision and review it again. What it means is that it's going to be some other decision than what it was."

Attorney Kris Kobach, who wrote the law, said the development amounts to the Third Circuit court formally vacating, or erasing, its prior decision.

With the Third Circuit ruling "gone," Kobach said the American Civil Liberties Union and Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund will not be able to cite the Third Circuit ruling in Hazleton's case while opposing similar illegal immigration laws that have surfaced in other parts of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Does EP Suck So Much? (Sep '08) 2 hr Fart yodeling 92
This is another abandoned topix forum 3 hr Fart Pedro 73
News 3 bodies recovered, 4 rescued from river in 2 days Wed SS Farts 3
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Jul 25 Farts released 24,372
Why does these farts smell? Jul 24 Sounds like farts 12
kickass snake for sale (Jun '06) Jul 24 Fart pants 54
News Judge's final ruling may hinder Downtown arenaa Jul 23 DC Fart 1

San Elizario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages