School auto shop opens

School auto shop opens

There are 5 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Mar 8, 2011, titled School auto shop opens. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

With everything from gas prices to unemployment to college fees skyrocketing, many high school students find themselves in need of career inspiration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Bp resident

Hesperia, CA

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Well I hope this kids don't plan on getting a job in Baldwin park. The city council with the thanks of 1290 has banned any car repair shops in this broke little city. The unemployment is the highest in the state and they are banning business and planting trees with city money. Great job council.
Unbelieveable

Long Beach, CA

#2 Mar 9, 2011
I don't understand the city of Baldwin Park bans auto repair shops but allows a school to build one.I wonder did this go through planning or was the school district above having to get city councils approval. This will be a good test case when a new auto shop wants to come to Baldwin Park to open a business and is denied. I am smelling lawsuit big time. This city council keeps getting stupider and stupider but hey lets go buy some more trees to plant to make are unemployed people in the city happy to see more trees. I guess the council hasn't heard about water shortage or that it will take money to maintain trees in their broke little city. I know the award for the best tree friendly city is soo important to a broke and high unemployment city at this time. WAKE OP IDIOTS
What a waste of money

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 12, 2011
Baldwin Park is full of idiots.
Azusa Resident

Azusa, CA

#4 Mar 12, 2011
Not disagreeing with anyone, but I think that because this "facility" is being used for education instead of a for profit business, it may be exempt from 1290. I could be wrong, I haven't read 1290. But it would be interesting to see what happens. Any takers?
Really

Oceanside, CA

#5 Mar 12, 2011
Azusa Resident wrote:
Not disagreeing with anyone, but I think that because this "facility" is being used for education instead of a for profit business, it may be exempt from 1290. I could be wrong, I haven't read 1290. But it would be interesting to see what happens. Any takers?
Well 1290 is very clear on the wording and the planning dept has said no dirty repair places in Baldwin park. This city is stupid and out of touch with the real world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Dimas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone ever been molested, by a doctor/spec... Wed Oliver jacobs 4
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Oct 17 rickyboy_ssg 2,826
Get a JOB! Oct 16 NOT a welfare rec... 1
West Covina Tow Contract Rigged by Mayor Johnson Oct 16 Corruption 3
West Covina high school Oct 15 Erodriguez 1
west covina 13 kays clicka (Feb '09) Oct 13 TEENANGELS 80
Class of 94 Aug '17 Its me 1

San Dimas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance