Two car crash on westbound 10 Freeway at Kellogg near San Dimas

Officials from the Los Angeles County Fire Department and California Highway Patrol officers are responding to a two car crash on the 10 freeway. Full Story
Yikes

La Puente, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2010
This stretch of freeway is a death trap. There is an elevation changes as you climb Kellogg Hill westbound; once you hit the "summit", The elevation almost instantly drops down again, all while making a slight wind to the right. Cars who have passed over the top of the hill can barely be seen from behind. Only the top of their car is visible, which also means that you can't see their break-lights as you are ascending. If a car is hitting the brakes, you can't see until you are only a few hundred feet away, which when traveling at 70 mph, is almost instantaneous. I drive fast, and I have to slow down every day on my way to work because I have had a scare and even I need to admit there needs to be reduced speed corridor until you are over the hill...
Aniki

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Jul 16, 2010
Agreed. People are driving way too fast in both directions on this hill. Can't stand the m_rons that weave around. Why rush to your dead-end job? Chill out people.
Too Fast

Glendora, CA

#3 Jul 17, 2010
70 mph would be driving at a snail's pace. People on this stretch of the highway are speeding at 85 to 90 mph. Don’t exactly know where the accident happened, but there are merge lanes to 57 North, Cal Poly and Southbound 57 to the 10 West. Much of all this is happening uphill. The downhill portion is not in San Dimas.
HAN

Covina, CA

#4 Jul 17, 2010
someone was speeding
DESERT RAT

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jul 18, 2010
That's what a hill is all about! You sound very intelligent.
Yikes wrote:
This stretch of freeway is a death trap. There is an elevation changes as you climb Kellogg Hill westbound; once you hit the "summit", The elevation almost instantly drops down again, all while making a slight wind to the right. Cars who have passed over the top of the hill can barely be seen from behind. Only the top of their car is visible, which also means that you can't see their break-lights as you are ascending. If a car is hitting the brakes, you can't see until you are only a few hundred feet away, which when traveling at 70 mph, is almost instantaneous. I drive fast, and I have to slow down every day on my way to work because I have had a scare and even I need to admit there needs to be reduced speed corridor until you are over the hill...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Dimas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Harrold Spent $12.64 Per Vote in 2007 Glen... (Jun '08) 1 hr Another loss 58
Glendora Redistricting SHAM by John Harrold (Jun '08) 1 hr Another loss 203
A belated but heartfelt thanks to John Harrold (Mar '14) 1 hr Thank you 124
Should john harrold be expelled from Glendora (Apr '08) 1 hr It worked 407
Dirty tricks GOP (Feb '14) 2 hr no matter 12
Do Nothing republican Congress 2 hr vote often 12
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr ptettee 200,974
•••

San Dimas News Video

•••
San Dimas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Dimas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

San Dimas People Search