our old drill team
prettyinpink

Alice, TX

#1 Oct 14, 2012
I was recently remembering our High School Dancing Dolls, and how they were the highlight of our halftime shows along with the Marching Band. Eventually, interest began to ween and that is what what lead to it's demise. I know that our school downgraded in class due to enrollment around 3 years ago, but I just wish they would have kept up the tradition. There is a quaint little 1-A school I heard about not to long ago. San Saba Dilloettes have been around for 53 years. Yes the size of Ben Bolt or Benavides, and they've never let the tradition fade away. Gives the young girls of today, an outlet to dance and show spirit, pride, and respect. Even Falfurrias Larriettes still exist, and they went down to 2-A about a year after we did. I guess our town wasn't that big on Drill Team.
sdv

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Ahh the good old days of the DD!!

Back in our day we would get demerits if we gained weight, we had a weigh in all the time
2010 Alumni

United States

#3 Oct 14, 2012
No body wants to sponsor them that's why we don't have dancing dolls.
sdv1

Denver, CO

#4 Oct 14, 2012
So who were the "best" dolls back in the day??
sdv1

Denver, CO

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Who was in the 92-93 and 2000-01 squads???
prettyinpink

Alice, TX

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Meant 1999-2000 squad..sorry. That squad featured Amanda Casas, Kimberly Garza, Lizette Samaniego, Amanda Martinez,Claudia Everett, Lizzie Galvan, Angelica Escobar, and Gina Guerra to name a few.
Drill

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2012
The class of1977 and 1978 that was the old drill team that was the first one and the best one
best

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Celina Sara montenyor Tina,Sonya alaniz, Sally chapa,Vicky Garza, Joann guajardo Cathy tobin Jennifer Gonzalez Monica escobar.....
class

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2012
I was never in drill team but I love it when they would perform all the girls did a great job..
sdv

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2012
best wrote:
Celina Sara montenyor Tina,Sonya alaniz, Sally chapa,Vicky Garza, Joann guajardo Cathy tobin Jennifer Gonzalez Monica escobar.....
Yep that's right!
sdv01

Denver, CO

#14 Oct 16, 2012
Rina Briones (RIP) part of that early 90s group also.
SONIA

Alice, TX

#15 Oct 17, 2012
BRING IT BACK
prettyinpink

Alice, TX

#16 Oct 17, 2012
SONIA wrote:
BRING IT BACK
If only they had someone willing to sponsor it like someone mentioned earlier. HMM?..maybe a community sponsor, if no educator is up for it. Nah, I think that's not possible, but you never know.
que?

United States

#17 Oct 18, 2012
Best cheerleaders, Michelle Luera, Krystal Garza, Chelsea Balli, Eila Garcia, Kathryn Upchurch, Chela, Daniela Trevino.
Concerned

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Nov 3, 2012
They always cared about the cheerleaders more than the drill team that's y it faded away cheerleaders where suppose to cheer an the drill team were the dancers!!They always favored the cheerleaders more!!! Like the comment above proves it!! This is a drill team forum not a cheerleaders? Drill team were the entertainers we had a crowed no one wanted to sponser us anymore!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janie Carillo & Lorena Estrada 4 hr Neta 41
Jenny & Georgia ghetto sister's 4 hr Fyi 3
David Ramos (May '13) 4 hr Lora 25
Dollar General or Family Dollar 4 hr Lora 3
vicki valadez 5 hr Bang 3
Who selling Vaquero shirt pink 18 hr Cryst 7
Ben Garza 18 hr Cryst 5

San Diego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance