Something rotten about Del Mar sale

Full story: The Reporter 10
I have been buying and selling land in California for 25 years -- enough for 12,000 homes. Read more
Vacaville Joe

Cape May, NJ

#1 Dec 3, 2010
this state is being run by people who are not too bright, and very very crazy.

good video on it here.

Since: Aug 10

Oakland, CA

#2 Dec 3, 2010
It's not just the Del Mar property, the state is doing this all over. Selling property at bargain prices then leasing it back at a net loss for the taxpayers.
Patriot

San Francisco, CA

#3 Dec 3, 2010
And we in Solano County care what happens in San Diego County because...?

This is the way government has always been and the way it always will be. The little cockroaches (AKA "We the People") have little or no power to do anything about it so get over yourselves.

Escalon, CA

#4 Dec 3, 2010
Patriot wrote:
This is the way government has always been and the way it always will be. The little cockroaches (AKA "We the People") have little or no power to do anything about it so get over yourselves.
We care because it's state property. Pay attention.
YGTBSM

Meridian, ID

#5 Dec 3, 2010
Let me say this..."Who Cares"

Oakland, CA

#6 Dec 4, 2010
YGTBSM wrote:
And I'll answer.... "Taxpayers whose money is being given away or wasted".

What the hell is a YGTBSM anyway?
Rational Commentator

Solana Beach, CA

#7 Dec 6, 2010
I doubt the billion dollar value that was mentioned is accurate if the property is contractually obligated to be maintained as a fairgrounds/racetrack. It sounds more like a dollar figure that a developer might come up with.
Vacaville Joe

Cape May, NJ

#8 Dec 6, 2010
for rational commentator:

you nailed it: if the state sells the property to a city that is dedicated to running it into the ground, then it is indeed almost worthless.

but if the state sells it to someone who will take care of it and make something out of it, then it is indeed worth more.

if you want to know why california is in such bad shape, just look to this case.

and to clowns like rational commentator.
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

#9 Dec 6, 2010
Patriot wrote:
Ending a sentence like this ("And we in Solano County care what happens in San Diego County because...?" is SO 1980's Hollywood. MORON!
Lon Rocke

Paradise, CA

#10 Dec 6, 2010
YGTBSM wrote:
I grew up in Boise. There is nothing in Boise even Close to the quality of the Del Mar Property. OH, maybe the Old Natatorium down at the end of Warm Springs Avenue. HA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Mar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Ditto claims wife died from fall down sta... (Jan '13) Mar 27 Frank Furtive 20
illegal immigration (Apr '06) Mar 14 Kpedo 453
News Fun for Kids: San Diego Zoo Mar 6 Kassy_niko 1
News Cub Scouts: Nudist beach invaded by young boys ... Feb '15 nudistpersoalsorg 1
News Hot Air Ballon Lands in the Street Jan '15 Christshariahns 1
News Winter storm approaching San Diego Dec '14 MIKETOUHY 1
News Council schedules public hearing on water rate ... (Sep '13) Nov '14 james marple 4
San Diego Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Del Mar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]