Governor says ratepayers should not p...

Governor says ratepayers should not pay for retirement of PG&E Ceo

There are 30 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Apr 23, 2011, titled Governor says ratepayers should not pay for retirement of PG&E Ceo. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

With outrage growing over PG&E's plan to award outgoing CEO Peter Darbee $35 million as he retires under a cloud of controversy, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#1 Apr 23, 2011
Oh come on Jerry, corporate America paying off bosses who are complacent in company procedures that kill the public is nothing new. I mean so what if a few people burned to death because of him.

And remember, he’s the bastard who headed the push (using rate payer funds) to make it illegal for Californians to exercise their constitutional right to form their own utility.

P.G. & E. is a scumbag company whose only purpose is to rape their customers so why wouldn’t they reward him for screwing (killing) the public.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 23, 2011
Middle of the road wrote:
Oh come on Jerry, corporate America paying off bosses who are complacent in company procedures that kill the public is nothing new. I mean so what if a few people burned to death because of him.
And remember, he’s the bastard who headed the push (using rate payer funds) to make it illegal for Californians to exercise their constitutional right to form their own utility.
P.G. & E. is a scumbag company whose only purpose is to rape their customers so why wouldn’t they reward him for screwing (killing) the public.
Hey road toad…….did you forget???

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ca/T3VS9F3MO...

Post 71

For many years I worked as a government employee who earned significantly less than contractors working on the same job. The harassment was vary intense and hurtful at times.

Do you know how demoralizing it is to be told by management to assist in every means possible a consultant who makes twice what you make? Get that? Politicians hire top dollar consultants and than direct low paid rank and file state employees to do the work the consultant is being paid to do.

Makes you just love those repubican bosses!

Yet even with my less than prevailing wages I shopped and supported union businesses. I wouldn’t shop at wally -mart or target. I’d rather pay a little more for American made than for chi -com crap.

And as there are less and less union made items on the shelves it’s becoming impossible to support American labor so I to will now spend a significant amount of my CALPERS and Social Security on out -of -state/country items/services.

I’m buying a new travel trailer and it’s coming from out of state because I couldn’t see buying something from my Caulifornia neighbors who want to screw me out of my retirement.

Oh and the moron with the link to the poll, my wife took a 14% cut in wages, pays more into her PERS and contributes more to her medical benefits.

Then in post # 99 I posted this and you said you would answer the question after I answered your question and that I have done many times including on the thread I started just for you
Why won’t you answer the question??
What are you afraid of??

Was it floored in California??
Was it prepped in California?
Was it sold in California?
Was it registered in California?
Did a dealer in California make money and pay income tax on it?
Did someone wash it each week that it sat on a lot in California and have a job and pay taxes?
Was it ever run in a TV, Newspaper or radio ad in California and did the advertiser pay taxes on any of that money?
Navalator

Yala, Thailand

#3 Apr 23, 2011
The questions are: 1. Does this guy deserved the extortionate present? and; 2. Should the rate payers foot the bill? The answer is no on both counts. The governor is quite correct taking the position that he has expressed. Darbee's retirement home should be San Quentin.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4 Apr 23, 2011
Navalator wrote:
The questions are: 1. Does this guy deserved the extortionate present? and; 2. Should the rate payers foot the bill? The answer is no on both counts. The governor is quite correct taking the position that he has expressed. Darbee's retirement home should be San Quentin.
I agree 100%
LateNight

Vallejo, CA

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%
Shouldn't be JUST Darby in San Quentin... should be the whole top levels of management of Pacific GRAFT and EXTORTION, and anyone in the PG&E stable of companies that had anything to do with stalling on the inspections of those pipelines OR the electricity brownouts of a few years ago...

Further, any retirement money these jerks get (and they shouldn't be getting ANY) should come from the grateful stockholders, not the victimized ratepayers.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 23, 2011
LateNight wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't be JUST Darby in San Quentin... should be the whole top levels of management of Pacific GRAFT and EXTORTION, and anyone in the PG&E stable of companies that had anything to do with stalling on the inspections of those pipelines OR the electricity brownouts of a few years ago...
Further, any retirement money these jerks get (and they shouldn't be getting ANY) should come from the grateful stockholders, not the victimized ratepayers.
So you wish to rob the people retiring with a retirement plan that most all contain PG&E stock………

You sound like road toad………….LOL
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#7 Apr 24, 2011
I know hundreds of state workers who put their lives on the line every day and thousands who worked their buns off earning less than scum like our resident troll Here is one and morons like him want to take that government retirement from whereas they think this murder peter darbee should get his retirement.

The whole top tear at p.g. & e. need to be shot.

Repubicans are just trash.......

“Facts”

Location hidden

#8 Apr 24, 2011
I know hundreds of state workers who put their lives on the line every day and thousands who worked their buns off earning less than scum like our resident troll Here is one and morons like him want to take that government retirement from whereas they think this murder peter darbee should get his retirement.

Post 71

For many years I worked as a government employee who earned significantly less than contractors working on the same job. The harassment was vary intense and hurtful at times.

Do you know how demoralizing it is to be told by management to assist in every means possible a consultant who makes twice what you make? Get that? Politicians hire top dollar consultants and than direct low paid rank and file state employees to do the work the consultant is being paid to do.

Makes you just love those repubican bosses!

Yet even with my less than prevailing wages I shopped and supported union businesses. I wouldn’t shop at wally -mart or target. I’d rather pay a little more for American made than for chi -com crap.

And as there are less and less union made items on the shelves it’s becoming impossible to support American labor so I to will now spend a significant amount of my CALPERS and Social Security on out -of -state/country items/services.

I’m buying a new travel trailer and it’s coming from out of state because I couldn’t see buying something from my Caulifornia neighbors who want to screw me out of my retirement.

Oh and the moron with the link to the poll, my wife took a 14% cut in wages, pays more into her PERS and contributes more to her medical benefits.

Then in post # 99 I posted this and you said you would answer the question after I answered your question and that I have done many times including on the thread I started just for you
What are you afraid of??

Did someone wash it each week that it sat on a lot in California and have a job and pay taxes?
Was it ever run in a TV, Newspaper or radio ad in California and did the advertiser pay taxes on any of that money?
Duude

San Diego, CA

#9 Apr 24, 2011
I think California taxpayers ought not allow California public employee unions to cash in an unlimited number of holidays upon retirement. The old law had a limit of 80 holidays. Now Governor Brown has made it unlimited. Additionally, public employees can still max out their retirement by working all the overtime they can in their last year of employment. Their retirement pay relies mightily upon their last year's wages. I also oppose California politicians double, triple and quadruple dipping on political office pensions. That means you, Jerry Brown.
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#10 Apr 24, 2011
Duude wrote:
I think California taxpayers ought not allow California public employee unions to cash in an unlimited number of holidays upon retirement. The old law had a limit of 80 holidays. Now Governor Brown has made it unlimited. Additionally, public employees can still max out their retirement by working all the overtime they can in their last year of employment. Their retirement pay relies mightily upon their last year's wages. I also oppose California politicians double, triple and quadruple dipping on political office pensions. That means you, Jerry Brown.
Sooooooo, using your flawed logic if I work for company A and contribute to a mutual fund and then work for company B and contribute to that same mutual fund and then work for company C and put into the same mutual fund, I should only be able to draw on what I put in while working for only one of those companies?

This guy is a murderer and you’re o.k. with him getting millions of dollars from rate payers who can’t do anything about him or his retirement?

Such a stupid repubican.
Huh

Clearlake, CA

#11 Apr 24, 2011
It sounds like "Roadkill" has resorted to terrorist threats.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 24, 2011
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
As normal..........LOL

“Facts”

Location hidden

#13 Apr 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Sooooooo, using your flawed logic if I work for company A and contribute to a mutual fund and then work for company B and contribute to that same mutual fund and then work for company C and put into the same mutual fund, I should only be able to draw on what I put in while working for only one of those companies?
This guy is a murderer and you’re o.k. with him getting millions of dollars from rate payers who can’t do anything about him or his retirement?
Such a stupid repubican.
What are you afraid of??

Post 71

For many years I worked as a government employee who earned significantly less than contractors working on the same job. The harassment was very intense and hurtful at times.

Do you know how demoralizing it is to be told by management to assist in every means possible a consultant who makes twice what you make? Get that? Politicians hire top dollar consultants and then direct low paid rank and file state employees to do the work the consultant is being paid to do.

Makes you just love those republican bosses!

And as there is less and less union made items on the shelves it’s becoming impossible to support American labor so I to will now spend a significant amount of my CALPERS and Social Security on out -of -state/country items/services.

I’m buying a new travel trailer and it’s coming from out of state because I couldn’t see buying something from my California neighbors who want to screw me out of my retirement.

What are you afraid of??

Why are you so afraid to answer the questions that you said you would after I answered yours????
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#14 Apr 24, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you afraid of??
Post 71
For many years I worked as a government employee who earned significantly less than contractors working on the same job. The harassment was very intense and hurtful at times.
Do you know how demoralizing it is to be told by management to assist in every means possible a consultant who makes twice what you make? Get that? Politicians hire top dollar consultants and then direct low paid rank and file state employees to do the work the consultant is being paid to do.
And as there is less and less union made items on the shelves it’s becoming impossible to support American labor so I to will now spend a significant amount of my CALPERS and Social Security on out -of -state/country items/services.
I’m buying a new travel trailer and it’s coming from out of state because I couldn’t see buying something from my California neighbors who want to screw me out of my retirement.
What are you afraid of??
Why are you so afraid to answer the questions that you said you would after I answered yours????
LOL.........
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#15 Apr 24, 2011
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooo funny.......... I think all murderers need to be executed, You don't think so?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#16 Apr 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Soooooooo funny.......... I think all murderers need to be executed, You don't think so?
What are you afraid of??

Post 71

What are you afraid of??

Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#17 Apr 24, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL......

“Facts”

Location hidden

#18 Apr 24, 2011
<quoted text>
LOL......
What is wrong my little chicken????......LOL
Why are you hiding????

What are you afraid of??

Post 71

What are you afraid of??

Huh

Clearlake, CA

#19 Apr 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Such a stupid repubican.
To "Roadkill"
samed ole flawed liberal logic. You can never compare government, or quasi government agencies to private companies WHO MUST remain competitive in order to survive. Private companies can and do go bankrupt if the employees get too greedy.
Government agencies need only raise taxes.
The problem is, that eventually you will run out of other peoples money(socialism).
PG&E is a quasi government monopoly from which local and state governments accept billions of taxpayer dollars disguised as high electrical rates.
Brown is being very disingenuous. Perhaps when he(Brown) appoints another PUC do nothing chair sitter, he will make a change in favor of we the people. Probably not.
Huh

Clearlake, CA

#20 Apr 24, 2011
<quoted text>
You should be very careful for what you wish.
YOU murder the truth on nearly EVERY one of your posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Bruno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deport All Brits 1 hr The Grim Sleeper 2
Dangerous 2 hr Insider 2
News SF Labor Council Demands An End To Deportations... 4 hr Bama Yankee 1
Has anyone heard of BeMyDD designated driving s... (Jun '11) 7 hr Maria 13
Fulton N.Y. WHO?... The DEADLY "Mother" rants "... 21 hr Diana Vickery 6
Gabrielangelo Fri anonymous 66
News College officials pursue Skyline workforce hous... May '16 Ella 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Bruno Mortgages