U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes

Dec 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Jose Mercury News

Federal agents no longer will scoop up jailed illegal immigrants who had been picked up by police for traffic offenses and other petty crimes, the nation's top immigration enforcer announced Friday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 149 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

What a joke. Obozo's policy now is no deportation unless you kill or rape. This amounts to amnesty for all 40 million of our illegals.
El Cid

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Great, let criminals get away with their crimes is the message Odummer is sending.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

No need to prosecute those of us with minor crimes. The U. S. has bigger problems to solve.
ima

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
No need to prosecute those of us with minor crimes. The U. S. has bigger problems to solve.
income tax evasion is a major crime.....that is stealing from the US government and think of all the years in taxes YOU OWE! AND USING FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS as you brag of doing including drivers license only adds to your spotless record. They're coming after you, sooner or later you'll be history.
El Cid

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Rico the Holy One wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to Canada then. The last refuge for the cracker!!
Buffoon, I have never been to Canada. I am born and raised 7th generation Texan.
El Cid

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Tick tock goes the clock, your time will come soon.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

minor crimes to against who? those they steal id from? those who drive drunk and hit cop cars?

or those obama has chosen to get a free pass no matter what like his family.
Juan

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

The majority of the undocumented immigrants like myself contribute to society. I wire new homes that help keep the prices low so you can afford them.
El Cid

Pflugerville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
The majority of the undocumented immigrants like myself contribute to society. I wire new homes that help keep the prices low so you can afford them.
You are like the terd that will not flush. That is what you and your criminal kind contribute to America.
You do not keep home prices low, you are merely a peon for the builder so the builder and make a few extra dollars on the house.
Pesos for the peons. get it, pee ons.
Tick Tock.
Jim

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
You need some fresh La Ratza krap.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

tomin cali wrote:
minor crimes to against who? those they steal id from? those who drive drunk and hit cop cars?
or those obama has chosen to get a free pass no matter what like his family.
This is why you are not taken seriously.

Who ever suggested getting drunk and ramming police cars would be "a minor crime"? Who?

Try worrying about things that happen in real life instead of just in your head.
ronnie

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

How do you decipher what crimes are major or minor. I thought the United States lived by the law. If I commit a misdameanor The cops aren't going to say. Oh , you didn't commit a serious offense so just go home. Are you kidding me. But if I'm illegal in this Country, I get a pass? That's absurd. Give me a break people. These grunt's really get away with way to much. They're like cockroaches clamering all over the place. Makes law enforcement dizzy I guess and they just give up.
ima

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Rico the Holy One wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to wipe out the Anglo's somehow. This is your queue to bounce back to Europe. Now go before it gets worst for you.
heheheehehee!!!
this is a threat! you've been reported!
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

ronnie wrote:
How do you decipher what crimes are major or minor. I thought the United States lived by the law. If I commit a misdameanor The cops aren't going to say. Oh , you didn't commit a serious offense so just go home. Are you kidding me. But if I'm illegal in this Country, I get a pass? That's absurd. Give me a break people. These grunt's really get away with way to much. They're like cockroaches clamering all over the place. Makes law enforcement dizzy I guess and they just give up.
Are these serious questions? Let's break it down.

A major crime would be called a felony.

A minor crime which you have proposed committing would be a minor crime.

If somebody were to enter the country illegally that is called unlawful presence. This is what is known as a civil offense. It is not a crime at all.

This places unlawful presence into the same legal classification as a traffic ticket. I do not know if you have ever received a traffic ticket, but it would be quite unusual for somebody to be detained for a traffic ticket. The police generally let you go home. Unless of course you are undocumented and then you would be in much more trouble.

So you are right. There is a double standard. If you commit a civil offense you pay a fine and go on with your life, but if an undocumented person were to do the exact same thing the consequences would be much different.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Juan wrote:
Jaun the cost of houses is way above worth,your cheap labor has no effect on the prices. an electrician making 140 a day is being robbed
illegal means illegal

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these serious questions? Let's break it down.
A major crime would be called a felony.
A minor crime which you have proposed committing would be a minor crime.
If somebody were to enter the country illegally that is called unlawful presence. This is what is known as a civil offense. It is not a crime at all.
This places unlawful presence into the same legal classification as a traffic ticket. I do not know if you have ever received a traffic ticket, but it would be quite unusual for somebody to be detained for a traffic ticket. The police generally let you go home. Unless of course you are undocumented and then you would be in much more trouble.
So you are right. There is a double standard. If you commit a civil offense you pay a fine and go on with your life, but if an undocumented person were to do the exact same thing the consequences would be much different.
that is correct and the way it should be,its only a civil offense the first time because they want to get rid of the alien as soon as possible not because its ok to invade this country,i dont think a second parking tickect to a citizen is called a felony like a second time "civil offense" is for an illegal alien
illegal means illegal

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

ima wrote:
<quoted text> this is a threat! you've been reported!
thank you for reporting him,people like him and x-man,frito bandito and a few others like to say whatever comes to thier minds but when people say anything "wrong" about illegal aliens they get upset and report you.
Raider Nation

South San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

America needs to focus of White people who kill 20 innocent children and 7 adults and you call us criminals??? Lol what about the movie theater massacre???? White also. Think about what you all say before speaking out
illegal means illegal

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Raider Nation wrote:
America needs to focus of White people who kill 20 innocent children and 7 adults and you call us criminals??? Lol what about the movie theater massacre???? White also. Think about what you all say before speaking out
I think its funny how illegals Try to push thier agenda by pointing a finger at Americans who comit crimes,well its not going to work,Mexico allows cartels to kidnap,torture and kill its citizens,many of those parasites end up in my country and they absolutely comit crimes such as rape,murder,robberies,forced prostitution and ofcourse the one they break ever second of everyday is unlawful presence.
Paul

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

ima wrote:
<quoted text> this is a threat! you've been reported!
Exctly!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Bruno Discussions

Search the San Bruno Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 min Reverend Alan 52,620
Marilyn Monroe's daughter nancy Maniscalco Miracle (Jan '08) 17 min Rhona 50
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr snodder 200,347
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr snodder 2,253
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 13 hr Corbutt of the Joke 221
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Twilight sun 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••

San Bruno News Video

•••
•••

San Bruno Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Bruno People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE