Teen fights for her life

There are 57 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Teen fights for her life. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Victoria Lemus just finished having lunch with the San Bernardino Rotary Club in the downtown area when she got into a van with a friend to leave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LoJ

Burbank, CA

#1 Jul 3, 2008
There was one freshman, and 3 sophomores in the meeting. All three sophomores were involved in the accident.

Everyone, please pray for Victoria Lemus.
Lily Voon

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2 Jul 3, 2008
I will definately. i am shocked.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#4 Jul 3, 2008
Pedro Goldstien wrote:
Excuse me people - There are more important things to worry about - MOE the Chimp is still missing !
Keep your disrespectful comments to yourself.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#6 Jul 3, 2008
Pedro Goldstien wrote:
Hey Little Miss Smarty Pants. If I kept my comments to myself, then they wouldn't be comments, they would be thoughts. Eat Me. Hag
That's Mr. Hag to you azzhole. Didn't know you swang that way.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#9 Jul 3, 2008
I apologize to the family and friends of this young lady. I just find it difficult to read the rude comments from people without responding. Again, to the family and friends, I apologize.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#10 Jul 3, 2008
Pedro Goldstien wrote:
Well - I guess the lipstick kinda confused me
Guess your looking for love in all the wrong places then, kinda dark back there.
Sam Sukaton

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Jul 4, 2008
I know Victoria through Rotary, and all of the Cajon kids are wearing their knees out praying. I'm sure she'll be all right--Arrowhead Regional's a damn good hospital, and "the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective", right?

And as for Pedro, there will always be trolls online. Don't feed them.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#13 Jul 4, 2008
Sam Sukaton wrote:
I know Victoria through Rotary, and all of the Cajon kids are wearing their knees out praying. I'm sure she'll be all right--Arrowhead Regional's a damn good hospital, and "the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective", right?
Sam, thank you for your information and thoughts.

You're right about Pedro, thank you.
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#15 Jul 4, 2008
Sam Sukaton wrote:
Sam, have you received an update on her condition today? Thank you.
DAD

United States

#16 Jul 5, 2008
I am Victoria's Father. She passed away this morning (Saturday July 5th). For all those that prayed for Victoria, thank You. I truely believed that all the praying kept her alive every moment from the time of the accident on Tuesday to her last breath on Saturday. For the few insentitive people, I hope that even people like yourself never have to go thru five days of hell watching your daughter in such a condition, Then in the end seeing many medical personnel doing many seemingly violent acts on your daughter to keep her alive long enough to say good bye before she stops breathing before your eyes. She had just turned 16 and had a very promising life ahead. As for Dwight Dalton Davis 54 of Los Angeles, the person that caused all this and was driving under the influence and cowardly tried to run away you and your entire family could never be punished enough for what you did. You are the one that should have died this morning in the intensive care unit not my daughter.
Jane

San Diego, CA

#17 Jul 5, 2008
Someone with such a bright future did not deserve to die at such a young age because of someone else's recklessness and stupidity.
Lemus family, you are in my prayers.
Girlfriend

Upland, CA

#18 Jul 5, 2008
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter on June 16th due to a car accident. She will always be with us. I am so sorry my prayers are with you and your family. But please remember anger,hate and bitterness will eat you up inside. The person who hit your daughter is sick and needs help, he has to live with taking a persons life. Please take care and I will pray for comfort to be with you
God Bless
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#19 Jul 6, 2008
DAD wrote:
I am Victoria's Father. She passed away this morning (Saturday July 5th). For all those that prayed for Victoria, thank You. I truely believed that all the praying kept her alive every moment from the time of the accident on Tuesday to her last breath on Saturday. For the few insentitive people, I hope that even people like yourself never have to go thru five days of hell watching your daughter in such a condition, Then in the end seeing many medical personnel doing many seemingly violent acts on your daughter to keep her alive long enough to say good bye before she stops breathing before your eyes. She had just turned 16 and had a very promising life ahead. As for Dwight Dalton Davis 54 of Los Angeles, the person that caused all this and was driving under the influence and cowardly tried to run away you and your entire family could never be punished enough for what you did. You are the one that should have died this morning in the intensive care unit not my daughter.
My prayers are with you and your family. There are just no words for the tragedy that you are being forced to endure. I'm so sorry for you and your family.

I hope that Mr. Davis burns in Hell for eternity.
Steven C

Chula Vista, CA

#20 Jul 6, 2008
To the family of the young Miss Victoria Lemus, I am very sorry for your loss. May God continue to give you strength as he welcomes your daughter into his arms.
Educator

United States

#21 Jul 6, 2008
I am so sorry for your loss. We can only hope that someone far greater than us will give this guy what he deserves.
Steven C

Chula Vista, CA

#22 Jul 6, 2008
Victoria sounds like she was a wonderful young lady with a bright future. Our world will be a lesser place without her. God bless her and her family.

I hope Davis receives all the justice that he truely deserves.
Evita

United States

#23 Jul 6, 2008
Cajon High has lost someone special. My heart goes out to the parents of a Beautiful & Smart Young Lady...May God Bless You and help you find some comfort.
Tori A

AOL

#24 Jul 6, 2008
I went to school with Victoria at Richardson Prep Hi and there's no doubt she had a promising future ahead of her. To all of her family I am so sorry for your loss.
Jon Nic

New York, NY

#25 Jul 7, 2008
John,
The news is devastating. I have wandered many times in to your office since Wednesday to look at the beautiful pictures of your daughter. I have never seen anyone with that many pictures of their kids in the office. You are obviously a proud father and doing a wonderful job at raising your kids. I am so sorry to hear about what happened. It is not fair. Everybody here at work is thinking about you. We miss you here and look forward to seeing you when you feel able to come back.
Sincerely,
Jon
Sad

Menifee, CA

#26 Jul 7, 2008
DAD: as the father of a young girl, I sympathize with you for the loss of your daughter, and understand your anger. You are to be commended for being strong when your family needed you to be. Drunk drivers, and those under the influence of other drugs have caused immeasurable heartache and devastation to the families and friends of victims. During my law enforcement career, I stopped and arrested some DUI's, but wish I could have done more. Please, everybody, support legitimate efforts to get DUI's off the road, including designated drivers, more officers on DUI patrol and organizations such as MADD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Bernardino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 26 min Trojan 33,398
Sex in san bernardino. Cant find any hang out p... (Dec '11) Tue Priest 13
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Tue East side 36
News UPDATE: SB shooting victim was gang member on p... (May '10) Jul 14 RAYDOGLOC 76
News UPDATE: Rancho Cucamonga homicide not from home... (Sep '10) Jul 12 God glorys 15
News Grand Terrace vehicle search leads to identity ... Jul 9 JAYJAY 1
Review: Vocational Improvement Program Inc Jul 5 VIP INC 3

San Bernardino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Bernardino Mortgages