Murrietta woman, 19, teen, 14, killed...

Murrietta woman, 19, teen, 14, killed in SeaDoo accident on Col...

There are 238 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Murrietta woman, 19, teen, 14, killed in SeaDoo accident on Col.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

NEEDLES _ A 19-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl, both of Murrietta, died after the SeaDoo they were riding on collided with a boat on the Colorado River near the Needles area Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Michelle R

Lakewood, CA

#46 Jul 8, 2008
Tiffany Breslin!!!
was my best friend more like a sister to me !
her family was my family and my family was her family ! while everyone is pointing the finger, there are people that lost a daughter, a sister, and a best friend ! Stop trying to figure out who's fault it is!
instead comfort the ones in need of it !
Mr & Mrs Breslin & lauren i'm truly sorry for the loss of tiffy<3
i'm always here, and i'm right down the street !or just a phone call away !!!

R.I.P TIFFANY AMBER BRESLIN
we all love and miss you <3
The Harris Family

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Jul 8, 2008
Our deepest sympathy to both families who lost their daughters. May they R.I.P.

The Harris Family
Murrieta Valley Girls softball
Brittney

Westminster, CA

#48 Jul 8, 2008
michele wrote:
i would like to know if this is Mike Breslins daughter or any relation as I know him
Yeah it was his youngest daughter.
Brittney L

Westminster, CA

#49 Jul 8, 2008
I knew Tiff since she was little.. she was a great girl.Her family and Desi's family need all the support they can get during this tough time. The people who did this will get what they deserve either from the law or from God.These girls have been on the water all their lives and they knew how to be safe,that boat obviously did not. To the Breslin family I love all of you and you are in my prayers, Britt
dan

United States

#50 Jul 8, 2008
Brittney L wrote:
I knew Tiff since she was little.. she was a great girl.Her family and Desi's family need all the support they can get during this tough time. The people who did this will get what they deserve either from the law or from God.These girls have been on the water all their lives and they knew how to be safe,that boat obviously did not. To the Breslin family I love all of you and you are in my prayers, Britt
were you there, and did you see what happened?
marine one

Costa Mesa, CA

#51 Jul 8, 2008
we don't need more f$%# laws and you are right drinking was not involved but someone not paying attention so people died and no one can turn back time. Need to learn by this no law will stop this again just good common sense amd nothing more.
Bob wrote:
I feel compelled to try to set the record straight regarding the boating ACCIDENT on July 5th. At least one letter writer doesn't know the facts of the accident. First of all this is a tragic event for everyone involved. I don't think the operator of the boat will rest easily for some time to come. This is a perfect example of what happens when inexperienced children are at the controls of 200 horsepower personal water craft. Yes, it was determined that the 19 year old rider started out from the beach at the controls but they switched places when they were out on the water. It was determined that the 14 year old was at the controls at the time of the accident. There was absolutly no alcohol involved with this accident as proved by the sheriff's report, the operator was tested and his blood alcohol level was zero. The operator of the boat as well as the other passengers of the boat had the PWC in sight at all times and were trying to get the attention of the inattentive operator when all of a sudden the operator of the PWC decided to abruptly change course and jump a wake at full throttle into the boat which was turned trying to avoid them. These "drunks" then pulled one of the victims from the water and revived her on the swim step and pulled the other victim to shore for medical aid all after having immediatly called 911. No one can feel any worse than the people involved and, unless you were there, you shouldn't speculate as to the coherency of the people on board the boat. It is an obvious knee jerk reaction to assume that alcohol was involved.
marine one

Costa Mesa, CA

#52 Jul 8, 2008
very simple stay on the f$% right down river and the left going up and teach everybody to follow the golden f%$^rule on the river less problems. Watch out for everybody and yourself pay the f%^$ attention especially on major weekends.
Tim wrote:
My heart and prayers are with both families and the driver. My wife and I were truly affected by this terrible accident. I was 15 feet away when I pass by the two young girls were pulled onto the shore, everyone tried to do what they could.I was not pleased on how long it took for EMS to respond. Unfortunatly in our minds they are not there when you need them the most. With that said I believe we have a certain attitude at the river, most boats especially the bigger and faster boats do care move out of there path when they are traveling 50, 60 mph. I believe "They will move out of my way" attitude takes over. That makes seadoo drivers a high risk for a accident. We should make the effort to avoid them at all times. I also believe that all young and unexperience Seedoo drivers should be properly trained before they are allowed to drive these powerfull PWC's on ther owned. The law definitly needs to change for Seedoo's
Michele

Midway City, CA

#53 Jul 8, 2008
Marine One - you need to chill. The facts will be revealed soon and in any regard it is devastating to all involved, not a malicious or intended act of eithe party.
marine one

Costa Mesa, CA

#54 Jul 8, 2008
Just saying pay the f%^$ attention out at the river you me and everybody makes errors and it sucks sometimes you are wrong place wrong time. If that boat came 10 sec slower, never would have happen or if the driver didn't switch seats with a 14 year. No one under the age of 16 should be driving a car off-road car or a street car on public places they put everyone in danger. very simple
Michele wrote:
Marine One - you need to chill. The facts will be revealed soon and in any regard it is devastating to all involved, not a malicious or intended act of eithe party.
The Tyler Family

Glendale, CA

#56 Jul 8, 2008
Dear Hobill Family,
We just heard the tragic news. We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family during this difficult time. Our prayers are with you.
Autumn

Eden Prairie, MN

#58 Jul 8, 2008
Seriously does all this really matter? Instead of making up facts, pointing fingers and writing mindless words down that do not really matter will only end up hurting the family members and friends who are reading all of this. As a mother of a 17yr old daughter who happens to be a friend of the girls is only wondering why two precious young girls have been taken from us and so early. And then I can only imagine how the driver of the boat must be feeling as he has to live every day of a loss that he has been involved in. Lets take the ugly out of all of this and turn it into what all of us can do in the future to protect each other on the water. Rest in Paradise girls your friends and family miss you both...
completely confused

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#59 Jul 8, 2008
TOM wrote:
JUST TO CLEAR EVERYONE UP, THE REPORT DOES NOT CONFIRM THAT TIFFANY WAS DRIVING THE PEOPLE ON THE BOAT HAVE SAID THAT, ALSO THE WHOLE ACCIDENT IS BEING REINACTED THIS WEEK BY THE SHERIFFS AND THEY WILL DETERMINE IT AS DEPUTIES TOLD ME THEY HAVE OTHER WITNESSES OTHER THAN THE BOAT PEOPLE THAT THEY NEED TO FULLY INTERVIEW. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT DRAW ANY SPECULATIONS TO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS THIS IS A BIG BIG TRAGEDY TO OUR FAMILY AND UNTILL THE INVESTIGATION IS DONE ITS JUST NOT RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT FACTS YOU DONT KNOW FOR SURE ABOUT. PLEASE JUST KEEP ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN YOUR PRAYERS.
definately pray for all parties.. the boat people as you have named them above.. dont know Tiffany or Desiree how would they know who was driving.. your talking about facts. lets just please stop finger pointing and just pray for all parties involved please and keep our thoughts to ourselves. thats why im replying and not commenting for everyone to view..
The Granados Family

San Francisco, CA

#61 Jul 8, 2008
We are very sad over the lost of both girls. Our family will pray for everyone involved. Please try to only post positive words to give to all the Family's involved. We need to come together at a time like this and pray for one another.
Our Nation is full of hate and blame but if we all take a second to just be niece and pray for one another WE ALL WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
The Granados Family

San Francisco, CA

#62 Jul 8, 2008
We are from Fontana California and we new the relatives of Tiffany Breslin

God Bless You All
dan

Pasadena, CA

#63 Jul 8, 2008
marine one wrote:
very simple stay on the f$% right down river and the left going up and teach everybody to follow the golden f%$^rule on the river less problems. Watch out for everybody and yourself pay the f%^$ attention especially on major weekends.
<quoted text>
you always stay on the right, there is no staying on the left
IMT

Redondo Beach, CA

#64 Jul 8, 2008
To Jeff and Michele Baird - you can contact Breslin's through me at [email protected]
Rancho Cucamonga CA

United States

#66 Jul 8, 2008
What are you? Just go away and find a hole to crawl in....
Real Rancho Cucamonga CA

United States

#67 Jul 8, 2008
Pedro Goldstein wrote:
GOD WISHES YOU WOULD STOP THIS PRAYER CRAP. GOD KILLED THEM AND IF YOU LOVE GOD, THEN YOU KNOW HE HAD A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR DOING IT. What if your prayers caused their corpses to climb out of the grave and eat people? How would you feel then about your goofy prayers
What are you? Go crawl in a hole and go away you are taking up space....WOW!
JayJay

Torrance, CA

#68 Jul 8, 2008
Pedro Goldstein wrote:
GOD WISHES YOU WOULD STOP THIS PRAYER CRAP. GOD KILLED THEM AND IF YOU LOVE GOD, THEN YOU KNOW HE HAD A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR DOING IT. What if your prayers caused their corpses to climb out of the grave and eat people? How would you feel then about your goofy prayers
Please stop with your insulting comments...
unnecessary behavior

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#69 Jul 8, 2008
Karolyne wrote:
As a friend of both of the girls who were killed in ths accident, I find it more than offensive for some of you people to attack their abilities on diving and to come up with false stories, they aren't even with us any longer to defend themselves, please have at least some respect. And it doesn't even matter what you think of their driving, because the girls were not driving, they were switching drvivers. The boat was coming at them, the boat did not surve out of the way, as the driverclaims to reporters [a seadoo is small, if the driver of the boat would have served we might have been able to avoid this tragedy.]
It's terrible how peole are pointing fingers at 2 young girls and saying they drove right into a boat, when they weren't even driving! Their seadoo is in 2 peices. Look at th FACTS before assuming.
RIP Tiffany "Tiff" Amber Breslin
RIP Desiree "Doosie" Hobill
Murrieta will never be the same.
exactly! FACTS!!! which you do not know. i personally know the family on the boat. the girls were in motion when their seadoo struck the boat, the driver was veering away from them in hopes of preventing the ACCIDENT. the boat did not run over the girls. if the driver of the boat hadnt swerved as he did, more lives would have been lost on this tragic day.
ALL parties involved here have been affected. what most of you dont know is members from the boat pulled both girls out of the water, they performed mouth to mouth hoping to give one girl a chance at survival. this family will forever be haunted by these events just as the families of these unfortunate young ladies.
there are no fingers to be pointed! ALCOHOL was NOT a factor. police reports have already proven that.
so please people, mourn the losses, grieve for all families involved, and stop the accusations, speculations, and unnecessary comments. MOST of you do not have any idea what really happened.
my prayers go out to all parties involved.
GOD BLESS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Bernardino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of Thousands Attend in Women's March i... 17 hr Now_What- 74
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Large Phartzz 33,109
Review: Fontana Metrolink Station Fri FONTANA METROLINK... 1
Review: Rialto Metrolink Station Fri RIALTO METROLINK ... 1
San Bernardino Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Sep '16) May 25 Sixty 3
Fontana Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) May 25 Forg 3
News San Bernardino stabbing victim, 16, was L.A. ga... (May '08) May 24 powerball win 201... 112

San Bernardino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Bernardino Mortgages