Shooting rattles San Bernardino neighborhood, man wounded

There are 20 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 3, 2009, titled Shooting rattles San Bernardino neighborhood, man wounded. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Residents of a Westside neighborhood were badly shaken when several men started shooting at each other in the street early Saturday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smith

San Bernardino, CA

#1 Oct 3, 2009
San Bernardino - Baghdad Whats the difference....
A-R COLTON CA

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2009
I love how she says "We gotta take it in stride." Thats why these people are shooting at eachother, They dish it and we take it. She wouldn't be saying that if a family member was hit in some crossfire....WAKE UP PEOPLE! DON'T BE AFRAID TO TELL THE POLICE WHAT YOU SEE! DON'T PUT UP WITH DRUG DEALERS AND GANG MEMBERS KILLING EACHOTHER AND YOUR LOVED ONES! WAKE UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY'S RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE! Or you can "take it in stride" and bury your children when a stray bullet hits them as they play!
whodat

San Bernardino, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2009
yeah take it in stride is the understatement of the week!! The level of stupidity displayed by the residents there is comical thats why the westside is such a dump a good airstrike would do the area good!!
Cali was not tacoland

Alameda, CA

#4 Oct 3, 2009
Westside San bernardino is the eqvilent of East L.A
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#5 Oct 4, 2009
It's the wild, wild West!
Jaded Voter

San Bernardino, CA

#6 Oct 4, 2009
No - it is San Bernardino under the leadership of Mayor Pat Morris.

This type of violence is no longer limited to the Westside of San Bernardino as it was many, many years ago. Crime and violence permeate the town.

It is the legacy of Operation Phoenix, focusing on three relatively small areas of our city and leaving the rest of San Bernardino to its own devices.

It is our future under Mayor Pat Morris.
Dear Candidates

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2009
"Take it in stride" is the best line since, "I heard gunfire, so I ran outside."

Come on people! People who stand by and do nothing are as guilty as the criminals!
Dear Candidates

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Oct 4, 2009
Agree. Have you read this article?
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_13479399
Jaded Voter wrote:
No - it is San Bernardino under the leadership of Mayor Pat Morris.
This type of violence is no longer limited to the Westside of San Bernardino as it was many, many years ago. Crime and violence permeate the town.
It is the legacy of Operation Phoenix, focusing on three relatively small areas of our city and leaving the rest of San Bernardino to its own devices.
It is our future under Mayor Pat Morris.
Berdoo Blows

Alhambra, CA

#9 Oct 4, 2009
I am not surprised at any of this, except for the fact that "Gogo" thinks the readers of this newspaper are stupid enough to believe that she was in that neighborhood for a "meeting." Noone with the name of GOGO is being invited to any meetings, unless it consists of her taking her clothes off for money.***ALSO*** a note for the newspaper writers themselves. Do you not employ copy editors? Were you given a job as some kind of bridge from high school ROP to the real world? The writing in this newspaper is poor, and your spelling sucks. Even spell check would help clear some of that mess up.
Just Some Guy

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Oct 4, 2009
So people only get shot in San Bernardino, and that is what makes San Bernardino a poor place too live? San Bernardino is a Great place to live despite the remarks of cowards who hide behind a keyboard.
Jaded Voter

San Bernardino, CA

#11 Oct 4, 2009
Cowards like "Just Some Guy?"
Viva Penman

San Bernardino, CA

#12 Oct 4, 2009
Except for Jaded Voter, Dear Candidates and Just Some Guy...the rest of you are vicious idiots. People with limited income have very few choices of where they can live. Speaking up against crime is good, but not if the law can't protect you. People who speak up often run the risk of being targets for violence from gangs and druggies. Jaded voter is right...we need a new mayor.
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#14 Oct 4, 2009
The Arrowhead Country Club neighborhood is a great place to live.
Swify Sanchez

Anaheim, CA

#15 Oct 4, 2009
this happened where I live what started as a fight between two gangbanger's.
turned into a fight of four on one then the gun's came out they fired so many
times with handgun's and shotgun and only one person got hit it goes to
show you they don't know anything about firearm's or someone would
be dead today
Love my City San berdo

Anaheim, CA

#16 Oct 4, 2009
who do you call if you have info for the police on
this incident that happened on 14th st saturday
Raul Madrigal

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Oct 5, 2009
Why would the residents be "rattled" about a shooting at 14th & Massachusetts? It's not exactly Beverly Hills.
Raul Madrigal

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2009
Love my City San berdo wrote:
who do you call if you have info for the police on
this incident that happened on 14th st saturday
Try the Police, genius. That's why our city is doomed... hahahaahah!!1
crazy world

Santa Barbara, CA

#19 Oct 5, 2009
shooting in the area normal. it would be more of a shock when you don't hear any gun shots, ambulance, or police. no one there is rattle by this because it's a normal thing.
Bob

Anaheim, CA

#20 Oct 5, 2009
say what you want about this neighborhod but it is not all run down people take care of their home's and are good neighbor's it just a few parent's that can't control their children and think it's cute for them to hang on the corner and cause trouble.
But their son get 's killed they always say oh no he was a good boy and not iin a gang
so I know soon there will be a car wash for a dead gangbanger on the corner
the police know who they are and should go after their parent's and hold them
responsible for the crime's they commit this area is alot better than alot of area's is
san bernardino so don't be so quick to judge the whole neighborhood
Bob

Anaheim, CA

#21 Oct 5, 2009
you don't live in the area so you don't have to worry about them coming and shooting up your house and hurting your family I was hoping for and hot line number but with rude people like you
I will keep my mouth shut

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Bernardino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbian snapchat users? (Oct '14) 12 hr cantwait34 94
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,725
Redlands - SNOBBISHNESS May 2 R D Howard 8
"RONCPP" is gone (Aug '14) May 1 RONCPP2 2
Verdemont Heights Towne Center in San Bernardino (Nov '11) May 1 Resident9 14
News Crime and Public Safety, April 4 (Apr '10) Apr 30 JD27yrsyoung 3
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) Apr 28 Slugfest 1,698
More from around the web

San Bernardino People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]