Child-safety issues in focus at two-d...

Child-safety issues in focus at two-day conference

There are 2 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 21, 2009, titled Child-safety issues in focus at two-day conference. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The 23rd annual conference of the Children's Network of San Bernardino County will feature more than 50 workshops ranging from safe surrender of newborns to bridges out of poverty, "sexting," child sexual abuse and human trafficking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Maggie

Escondido, CA

#2 Sep 22, 2009
I have a tip that could help with swine flu prevention. My child came home from school the other day saying that they learned to cough and sneeze into their elbow with Germy Wormie, and I was totally taken aback. I always covered with my hands. But I went to the website and now I get it, hands touch, elbows don't!! Kids can touch 300 surfaces in 1/2 hour and they hate to wash their hands. This is a simple thing that can make a huge difference. Also, there is a fun DVD with this program that the kids love, and it teaches them other necessary hygiene habits as well.

Since: Jun 09

Sacramento, CA

#3 Sep 23, 2009
This conference sounds like a good plan. Hopefully topics on how to keep children safe while they are participating in physical activities like hiking, swimming, and sports will be touched on. There is so much that children have to face, adults and parents should not let something simple like a dip in the pool be one more danger. The Department of Boating and Waterways has some helpful information on their website: http://bit.ly/uZ3ZA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Bernardino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 54 min Trojan 33,652
City water in highland 10 hr JOE 1
News Congressman Issa joins effort to get a oeMade I... 20 hr Solarman 1
News Redlands Mall closing (Sep '10) Aug 14 Red 55
UH-60 black hawk helicopter sightings Aug 10 indenu 1
News Fontana police arrest 13 during prostitution sting (May '09) Aug 9 Kandyk169 8
Target is new located at 27902 Greenspot Rd. Hi... (Jul '15) Aug 9 ESalazar 2

San Bernardino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Bernardino Mortgages