Briscoe relative's death ruled accident

Feb 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MySanAntonio.com

“It wasn't an accidental discharge or suicide, the judge ruled it a general accident”

The death of Janey Katherine "Kate" Marmion, 20, granddaughter of former Texas Gov. via MySanAntonio.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
party hard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

Good question, no answers from anyone.
Texas Expatriate

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Judged:

Probably committed suicide after learning about her grandfather's shameful legacy of being a racist nazi.
Fred Sanford

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Texas Expatriate wrote:
Probably committed suicide after learning about her grandfather's shameful legacy of being a racist nazi.
You Big Dumby! Stay in Germany and show some respect!
Texas Expatriate

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Respect for whom?(A)dolph briscoe?!
Not a chance...

And yes, I like it better here. No snakes, good beer and honest elections.
Fred Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>
You Big Dumby! Stay in Germany and show some respect!
Hispanic Texan

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Texas Expatriate wrote:
As much as I enjoy our discusions, I have to come to the defense of the Briscoe Family. I know them personaly and they are very good Christians and very humble people.
Texas Expatriate

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

I'm sure they are.

However,(a)dolph briscoe was a ruthless redneck nazi. Ask anyone who remembers his ordering and overseeing the DPS' and texas ranger's brutal strike-breaking tactics against striking farm workers in "El Valle" during his tenure as governor.

Needless to say that his shameful, dictator-like strongarm tactics to stop Hispanic farm workers in south Texas from exercising their constitutional rights to organize in unions and politically proved what a sleazy person he really was. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Hispanic Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I enjoy our discusions, I have to come to the defense of the Briscoe Family. I know them personaly and they are very good Christians and very humble people.
Charley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

Texas Expatriate wrote:
I'm sure they are.
However,(a)dolph briscoe was a ruthless redneck nazi. Ask anyone who remembers his ordering and overseeing the DPS' and texas ranger's brutal strike-breaking tactics against striking farm workers in "El Valle" during his tenure as governor.
Needless to say that his shameful, dictator-like strongarm tactics to stop Hispanic farm workers in south Texas from exercising their constitutional rights to organize in unions and politically proved what a sleazy person he really was. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
<quoted text>
You May be right about Mr. Briscoe as I don't know the man, though I doubt it.
You're the one that sounds like a Nazi.
Texas Expatriate

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

http://list.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa...

http://students.csci.unt.edu/~ewb0024/courses...
Charley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanic Texan

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

Charley wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas Expatriot is actually Jewish...so you couldn't be more wrong!!!
Texas Expatriate

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

Look maybe it was inappropriate to use this thread to criticize Mr. Briscoe.

My apologies and regrets for being insensitive.
dreamer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

idiots both of them.....thornsborg & esquivel!

Since: Feb 08

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Soul Reaper wrote:
Why thornsburg? Esquivel is the idiot who signed the death certificate, he got no input from dimmit county. The ex-governor Dolph Briscoe himself told that piece of poo-poo esquivel what to put on the death certificate. What did thornsburg do?
thats right we dr boys stick together!
Friend of Kate

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Judged:

Texas Expatriate wrote:
Look maybe it was inappropriate to use this thread to criticize Mr. Briscoe.
My apologies and regrets for being insensitive.
Kate was one of my really good friends at UT. It is insensitive for you all to be discussing other things instead of leaving memories of her on this thread. She was an amazing person regardless of who she was related to or what they did. She deserves respect and remembrance for what she lived for. She was the kind of person to bring everyone together no matter what their beliefs were... her life should be celebrated, not reduced to horrific posts about her grandfather. Insensitive is putting it nicely.
pete g

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Texas Expatriate wrote:
http://list.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa ?A2=ind9707&L=mclr-l&P =2316
http://students.csci.unt.edu/~ewb0024/courses...
<quoted text>
La Raza Unida is part of the reason Crystal City became the shit hole it was. It started out noble but got corrupted like all other politics.
Texas Expatriate

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

My sincerest apologies.
Friend of Kate wrote:
<quoted text>
Kate was one of my really good friends at UT. It is insensitive for you all to be discussing other things instead of leaving memories of her on this thread. She was an amazing person regardless of who she was related to or what they did. She deserves respect and remembrance for what she lived for. She was the kind of person to bring everyone together no matter what their beliefs were... her life should be celebrated, not reduced to horrific posts about her grandfather. Insensitive is putting it nicely.
just sick

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Judged:

you people are so wrong leave well enough alone!!!!!! I KNOW THE FAMILY they are nice people! don't you think they have gone threw enough?? Whatever was the cause of her death is such a big topic with you people instead why dont you focus on the fact that her family has lost her!! and who knows maybe it was so kind of freak hunting thing. YOU PEOPLE JUST LET HER FEST AND LEAVE HER FAMILY AND GRANDFATHER OUT OF THIS!!! i had seen this page on here one other time and it was deleted and im all for it being deleted again! what ever happend to "dont speak ill of the dead"?
sorry

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Judged:

Friend of Kate wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knew Kate but a member of family did and they knew her from the time she was very little and i think your very very right! some people now days dont care any more they dont understand the impact of their words or "POSTS" I think horrific is too weak of a word but i cant even think of a better word to describe what they have said about Mr.Briscoe! I know the Briscoe family and Dolph himself tho i never did know kate. im not buying all this trash they want to talk. I think they should leave it alone and not bring Kate's name into any of this TRASH AND THATS ALL IT IS, JUST TRASH!!!!!
Velo

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Judged:

There is nothing better for starting rumors like telling one side of a story over 30 years later. The Briscoes are one of the finest families you could ever meet. Dolph Briscoe was a fine governor who sincerely cares about people. He and his family have been incredibly generous over the years in so many ways. Attacking him only shows the attacker’s ignorance. I have lived in Texas all my life, just like my father and grandfather. You should research your issues better. I remember the governor well. Yes, he was, and still is, decisive in difficult situations. Texas Expatriot clearly knows nothing of what was really happening at that time. The story posted lacks probably 90% of the facts of what was happening at the time. The author does not even know the difference between a race and a nationality, and ignores all the tactics by people in the country illegally. Read it again; the story stinks of fraud. Then go get the real facts.
Jamie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Reslly
Sandra

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Perhaps the Briscos are good people, but JR Marmion's family has a shady past. This was a suicide. This is not a memorial site for Kate but a NEWS story site.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the San Antonio Forum right now

Search the San Antonio Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
husband working out of town 1 hr Paco Pinto 20
Review: Pinnacle Security a fraud? (Mar '11) 2 hr Paco Pinto 18
Bandido mc and Iron Order MC (Feb '10) 4 hr YourSoFullOfYourself 397
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 4 hr lol 3,437
heroin withdrawl 5 hr what the hell 24
suboxne strips 6 hr cruze 7
Need Pain Pills (Any Opiates) in San Antonio 7 hr bth51 4
•••
•••