Speak English, Your In America Now

Posted in the San Antonio Forum

First Prev
of 108
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Tucson, AZ

#1 Apr 28, 2007
We, the Legal American workers of the USA, need to stand together NOW, to keep English as our only native language.

Foreigners are saturating the USA & are slowly trying to modify our national language to include Spanish, so it will be easier for them to live & work in this country.

Qualified US citizens who need to support their families are being refused employment in their own country because they don't speak Spanish. This is happening on a daily basis. The unemployment rate is up and the government offices are making suggestions that we learn Spanish so we can get jobs.

This is wrong & something needs to be done. If we do nothing, in 10 years we will all need to know Spanish and have to push 2 to hear it in English! Please help stop the madness before it goes any farther.

We can not allow any modification of our national language.

We need stronger laws which require resident & citizen applicants to learn English in order to live & work in the USA. If not, than these companies that deal with non speaking English patrons, need to hire an interpreter and pay them what the average interpreter makes. To force the “legal” US citizen to speak a new language is Discrimination based on language.

We need new laws created to protect the English speaking citizens of the USA from any discrimination (like employment, housing, etc.)
Amnesty should only be given if the parties are willing to learn English and help change their family members coming over or who are already here.
Petition to NOT modify our native language to include any foreign language
Petition for stronger laws requiring all residents & citizens to learn & speak English in order to live & work in the USA.
Petition for new laws protecting US citizens who are refused employment in the USA simply because they do not speak a foreign language.
Petition for new laws protecting the English speaking citizens of the USA from any form of discrimination (employment, housing, etc.).
We would like to thank Verizon Wireless for taking the first steps in realizing that we shouldn’t have to push one for English, it should be a given.

If you agree, take a stand & sign the petition.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/109...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Franklin Todd

San Antonio, TX

#3 Apr 29, 2007
Actually the unemployment rate is at a historic low. Currently 4.6% nationwide and in Texas the rate is 4.5%. These figures are available at the following address:...money.cnn.com/pf/fe atures/lists/state_unemploymen t/index.html... besides, there isn't anything you want that can't be had if you only know english. Hell, even I can give the landscaper instructions in spanish and I don't mind a bit.... BFD. Puedo hablar espanol a veces quando necessiario. Wendy, you are too young to be such a negative person. Lighten up and enjoy life.
Franklin Todd

San Antonio, TX

#4 Apr 29, 2007
Texas Expatriate

Baesweiler, Germany

#5 May 2, 2007
You are absolutely right. Learning a foreign language, be it Spanish for u.s. citizens or English for foreigners in the u.s. is an advantage not only in the job sector.

Every time one learns a new language a new world opens up to that individual.

Instead of whining and blaming others get going and learn, you'll be a better person for it.
Franklin Todd wrote:
Actually the unemployment rate is at a historic low. Currently 4.6% nationwide and in Texas the rate is 4.5%. These figures are available at the following address:...money.cnn.com/pf/fe atures/lists/state_unemploymen t/index.html... besides, there isn't anything you want that can't be had if you only know english. Hell, even I can give the landscaper instructions in spanish and I don't mind a bit.... BFD. Puedo hablar espanol a veces quando necessiario. Wendy, you are too young to be such a negative person. Lighten up and enjoy life.
Tricia

Sabinal, TX

#6 May 2, 2007
Osiyo,Yeah Wendy,,lighten up,,,YOU are in this country that still has the FIRST AMERICANS & you are NOT one of them,so learn to speak Cherokee,,Apache,,Comanche,,So uix,,or any of the other NATIVE to America tribe dialects before you start griping about language.You say"We can not allow any modification of our national language."
Your ancestors forced the First Nation people to learn your words & beliefs and change to try to be white. Why was that???You also say"To force the “legal” US citizen to speak a new language is Discrimination based on language."All Native "First" Americans can really understand how that goes thanks to people like you.You were not here first so learn OUR language.Spanish was even here in the South before you.Estupida.Get a grip woman.The "foreigners" saturated the country & forced your english on Natives & when you decided you wanted all our land you forced us to leave our homes & go to Oklahoma like dogs in your way.""Please help stop the madness before it goes any farther.
We can not allow any modification of our national language."" Really??Just deal with it,,we did.What goes around comes around,,my Spanish is not that good but maybe IT should be the #1 language just so you have to change & know how it feels to loose you identy to another race..Wado,
Texas Expatriate

Dortmund, Germany

#7 May 3, 2007
Bwahahahahaha!

Cheers! Bravo! Encore!

Sock it to her!
Tricia wrote:
Osiyo,Yeah Wendy,,lighten up,,,YOU are in this country that still has the FIRST AMERICANS & you are NOT one of them,so learn to speak Cherokee,,Apache,,Comanche,,So uix,,or any of the other NATIVE to America tribe dialects before you start griping about language.You say"We can not allow any modification of our national language."
Your ancestors forced the First Nation people to learn your words & beliefs and change to try to be white. Why was that???You also say"To force the “legal” US citizen to speak a new language is Discrimination based on language."All Native "First" Americans can really understand how that goes thanks to people like you.You were not here first so learn OUR language.Spanish was even here in the South before you.Estupida.Get a grip woman.The "foreigners" saturated the country & forced your english on Natives & when you decided you wanted all our land you forced us to leave our homes & go to Oklahoma like dogs in your way.""Please help stop the madness before it goes any farther.
We can not allow any modification of our national language."" Really??Just deal with it,,we did.What goes around comes around,,my Spanish is not that good but maybe IT should be the #1 language just so you have to change & know how it feels to loose you identy to another race..Wado,
Mike

United States

#8 May 4, 2007
I like the word Native... what do you speak, Navaho? Apache? Blackfoot? Cherokee?

Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce would still be upset with you.

"Native language English", thats a riot!
You being from Arizona should know better.
Tricia

Sabinal, TX

#9 May 5, 2007
What happened to Wendy? Lost interest in her post? Hopefully just reading a history book..
Texas Tornado

San Antonio, TX

#10 May 6, 2007
I think you are all jumping on Wendy when in a lot of ways she's right. I've seen many job postings where the requirements mention you must speak spanish. I don't think that's right. If I choose to learn a new language to better myself then great, but it should not be a requirement to work in the United States. There are Russians, Chinese, Koreans, French, just to name a few who live in this country too. Do we need to learn these languages as well? If I was Russian and told I needed to speak Spanish to get a job I would be upset, when after all, I came to the United States - not Mexico. Why not make everyone learn Russian to accomodate me, and so on. If you are going to move to a new country then you should learn that language. I doubt everyone in Mexico is required to speak English just to accomodate any tourist that might come over there or an American who might decide to move there. If you are in this country illegally, then you should have no say. If you want to have a say in the workings of this country, then come here legally, learn the language, pay taxes like the rest of us and become a member of the melting pot. To change our language, give medical care, educate the children, and give all kinds of benefits is only encouraging more illegal immigration. Think I'll move to France and sue that country for discrimination because I speak English and I feel everyone there should too, just to accomodate me!
Texas Expatriate

Germany

#11 May 7, 2007
No just Spanish, as it will very soon be the most spoken language on the american continents including the u.s.
Texas Tornado wrote:
I think you are all jumping on Wendy when in a lot of ways she's right. I've seen many job postings where the requirements mention you must speak spanish. I don't think that's right. If I choose to learn a new language to better myself then great, but it should not be a requirement to work in the United States. There are Russians, Chinese, Koreans, French, just to name a few who live in this country too. Do we need to learn these languages as well? If I was Russian and told I needed to speak Spanish to get a job I would be upset, when after all, I came to the United States - not Mexico. Why not make everyone learn Russian to accomodate me, and so on. If you are going to move to a new country then you should learn that language. I doubt everyone in Mexico is required to speak English just to accomodate any tourist that might come over there or an American who might decide to move there. If you are in this country illegally, then you should have no say. If you want to have a say in the workings of this country, then come here legally, learn the language, pay taxes like the rest of us and become a member of the melting pot. To change our language, give medical care, educate the children, and give all kinds of benefits is only encouraging more illegal immigration. Think I'll move to France and sue that country for discrimination because I speak English and I feel everyone there should too, just to accomodate me!
rob trevino

San Antonio, TX

#12 May 7, 2007
we,re in america so shouldn't we be speaking indian?
Tricia

Sabinal, TX

#13 May 7, 2007
rob trevino wrote:
we're in america so shouldn't we be speaking indian?
That's the example I was trying to get across,,The english speakers want to rule every thing ,,the FIRST Americans' were & still are NATIVE {Indian as you say} & Mexicans. Not english speaking whites. They came & took over this land as immigrants & demanded the original homeowners {Natives here}to change their language,religion,style of clothing {become as whites}and to move to tiny plots of land they didn't want for themselves.Now when the same thing is just beginning to happen to them,,who screams 'we' cant allow this to happen?? What goes around comes around.My Spanish isn't as good as I wish it was but I try to learn as I go. It wouldn't bother me if it was made the 1st. language here,,it would be interesting to see how they protest they same treatment they delt to other races for as long as they've been here.After all who died & made them the gods of this land? If they are into the bible then read where God made all the different races with each their own dialect,,,living in their own lands,where He chose to put every life He created.He didnt say 'yo, white people move on over there from where I put you & change what I created'.This topic is really designed to be against the Mexican/Spanish language,,,but they are too blind to see what history they made is coming back at them.Can dish it out but cant take it.......
Texas Expatriate

Baesweiler, Germany

#14 May 8, 2007
Bless you Trish. Those are indeed wise words.
Tricia wrote:
<quoted text> That's the example I was trying to get across,,The english speakers want to rule every thing ,,the FIRST Americans' were & still are NATIVE {Indian as you say} & Mexicans. Not english speaking whites. They came & took over this land as immigrants & demanded the original homeowners {Natives here}to change their language,religion,style of clothing {become as whites}and to move to tiny plots of land they didn't want for themselves.Now when the same thing is just beginning to happen to them,,who screams 'we' cant allow this to happen?? What goes around comes around.My Spanish isn't as good as I wish it was but I try to learn as I go. It wouldn't bother me if it was made the 1st. language here,,it would be interesting to see how they protest they same treatment they delt to other races for as long as they've been here.After all who died & made them the gods of this land? If they are into the bible then read where God made all the different races with each their own dialect,,,living in their own lands,where He chose to put every life He created.He didnt say 'yo, white people move on over there from where I put you & change what I created'.This topic is really designed to be against the Mexican/Spanish language,,,but they are too blind to see what history they made is coming back at them.Can dish it out but cant take it.......
dmm

San Antonio, TX

#15 May 8, 2007
I dont agree with everything Wendy has said, but I do think she makes a point.

People who immigrate to the US should learn English. I shouldn't be denied a job because I cannot speak Spanish. It *does* happen. To deny this fact is being dishonest in your debate. Any of us posting here can read, and you only need to pick up a newspaper and read the want-ads that clearly state Spanish speaking is necessary. I don't speak Hindi, Japanese, German, Italian, French... name the language. There are thousands of other immigrants in this country- why should I have to know one particuliar language over another for employment? Is that America? I don't remember the Statue of Liberty saying anything like "Bring me your huddled masses only from Mexico, Central America..." If we still wish to be that beacon of hope for *everyone* to immigrate to, we should not prefer any other nation's language over another, and should speak one national language. Because this is a free country, you can speak your native language wherever if you wish- but you shouldn't expect everyone to learn your language and accomodate you.
Michael

Houston, TX

#16 May 14, 2007
"You're" = a contraction for "You are"
"Your" = a possessive prounoun
I couldn't even read your whole asinine post, since you don't seem to actually understand how to properly use the English language in written form.
Si hablas español, tienes una ventaja en el mercado del trabajo. Knowledge is power. Get started learning Spanish now. As a caucasian, I understand that to make myself viable, I must learn Spanish. Thus, I'm doing just that.
Good luck. Your anger will only hold you back.
-Michael
James

San Antonio, TX

#17 May 15, 2007
Well, if that's the case, then get a bunch of your friends and fellow co-workers together that share your vision and moved to Mexico. Fight fire with fire!!! LOL
"This is wrong & something needs to be done. If we do nothing, in 10 years we will all need to know Spanish and have to push 2 to hear it in English! Please help stop the madness before it goes any farther."
Lynne

Springtown, TX

#18 May 15, 2007
In will NEVER learn Spanish!!!!! If I want to speak it,I'll move to Mexico were it should be spoken and were it should STAY!!!! So waaaahhhh and go back to MEXICO we have our own families to take care of NOT YOURS. Come here leagally, pay taxes and quit taking hand outs. GET A JOB & GET A CLUE!!!!
Tricia

Sabinal, TX

#19 May 15, 2007
Dang girl you need to work on your english anyway.Dont worry about any other language til you get your english right.
,,,{"In will NEVER learn Spanish!!!!!"}What does that {In?? will Never} translate to mean in english? Also this one,,{I'll move to Mexico were it should be spoken and were it should STAY!} ""Were ??"" Both words in the same sentences.The word Should be "Where", not were. Try to work on YOUR english in your spare time when you're not busy telling other people what language should be spoken here.Anyway lil girl,,,a lot of soldiers have died fighting for ,,,,what was it ??? Oh yes,,,"FREEDOM OF SPEECH!" For the rest of the people who have posted here,,,I heard a Mexican speaking guy told by a 'gringo',,"Hey speak english or go back where you came from!!" The Mexican guy answered back"But I dont want to go back to Houston!!" And one more comment for Miss Lynne & Wendy,,girls, instead of telling other people to go back to where ever they came from,,Why dont you english immigrants go back to england?.Your ancesters weren't born here,they came on a big boat,,then you needed slaves & servants,so ya'll went & captured the people from Africa & dragged them over here,,then when they tried for equal rights as humans,,you people couldn't stand for that.Ya'll are just a very unhappy lot of people that want to rule everything..It's like you're all having PMS or menapause or something..
James

San Antonio, TX

#20 May 15, 2007
Sorry Tricia...but I have to point out the plank in your eye since you so avidly identified the splinter in Lynnes..(any questions on that, read the bible)

"lil" is not proper english
"where ever" should be together
"ancesters" is spelled "ancestors"
"ya'll" is not proper english
"menapause" is spelled "menopause"

I'm....really not sure where it goes from here? lol
Anthony

Owosso, MI

#21 May 16, 2007
Tricia it's untill not til

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 108
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
which are some good clubs? 2 hr cotulla69 1
The hillbilly hypocrite from San Francisco gets... 2 hr Little Johnny Da ... 2
Hey dumb and dumber it's Cada Dia not Dias lol 3 hr Little Johnny Da ... 3
Cada Días 3 hr Hillbilly 2
The STUPID CRACKER wants to be little Johnny Da... 3 hr Little Johnny Da ... 3
Thieving Beaner Shown Who The Boss Is 3 hr Little Johnny Da ... 1
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 4 hr Hef 4,419
San Antonio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web