Prognosis 'extremely poor' for child

Prognosis 'extremely poor' for child

There are 21 comments on the MySanAntonio.com story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Prognosis 'extremely poor' for child. In it, MySanAntonio.com reports that:

Chances are, Gabriel Enrique Boyd will die before his second birthday July 16. The boy with golden ringlets and black high top Converse shoes has spent the last several days and nights in Methodist Children's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MySanAntonio.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
people who care

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2008
Please... does anyone know how the little boy Gabriel Enrique Boyd is doing??? All over the country people have been praying for him.Reports say he will not make it, lets pray that he will make it.
edwin

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jun 29, 2008
This boy is my cousin. i live n ny.I hope my cousin pulls throught all this. that is not right wat here boyfriend did to him. i would lovwe to beat him up. he should be in jail the rest of his life.well my family and the boys family r very sad and all we can do is prey.
people who care

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2008
hope this boy is ok. hope he pulls through. he does not deserve this.
cigar dave

Omaha, NE

#4 Jun 30, 2008
this is such a sad story, my God be with the little guy.
---who---

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jul 1, 2008
I would save the Taxpayer money and after beating the Untermenchen that did that to the child- would be in favor of the state to assemle a firing squad- composed of the boy's relatives- in order to meet out Justice on the perpetrator...
shannon

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 5, 2008
I am Gabriel's Mother and no matter what anyone says about me I am a good mother and I love my son more than anything. I have used maijuana in my past, but how many people in the us can say that they them selves haven't ever tryed it, or that they don't currently use it. I haven't ever tryed or done anything else. I have never been arrested, never commited any crimes. So for some one who has no idea who I a or anything about me to say that I am a dopper mother you should know what you are talking about before you make statments like that.And the fact the fact that you dont put your name by your statments shows that you can't even stand by the statments you make. So facts right... I'm a good mother and everyone who knows me knows that I am.. a lot of bad things happen to good people.. if you would watch the news or read the paper you would know that.
shannon

Dallas, TX

#9 Jul 5, 2008
My son is doing better and please don't mind my grammer errors on the last post I was a little upset by untrue comments that were made about me... Gabriel is such a stong little boy and he is a messenger of God like the bible says..He is over comming many things that even Doctors didn't think he would be able to.. I am with him every day and I try to learn as much as I can to help him... They say that with theropy he may be returned to a 100% little boy that runs arround and plays and is so happy like children should be.. But it will take time.. No matter what I love my son and it doesn't matter if he is even able to be half of the little boy he used to be I still will love him every day no differently than ever before. All the prayers seem to be working and I want to thank everyone that has prayed for my son I couldn't ask for more I will try to get back to this web sit and let the people who care know how My little angel is doing...

“Texas Rocks!!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas

#10 Jul 5, 2008
shannon wrote:
My son is doing better and please don't mind my grammer errors on the last post I was a little upset by untrue comments that were made about me... Gabriel is such a stong little boy and he is a messenger of God like the bible says..He is over comming many things that even Doctors didn't think he would be able to.. I am with him every day and I try to learn as much as I can to help him... They say that with theropy he may be returned to a 100% little boy that runs arround and plays and is so happy like children should be.. But it will take time.. No matter what I love my son and it doesn't matter if he is even able to be half of the little boy he used to be I still will love him every day no differently than ever before. All the prayers seem to be working and I want to thank everyone that has prayed for my son I couldn't ask for more I will try to get back to this web sit and let the people who care know how My little angel is doing...
First I want to say I am so happy to finally get an update on your childs condition it being improving rather than declining. My 9 yr olds prayed for him as well , glad she will see a prayer being answered, we have seen many children in the headlines who have been neglected abused or worse . Good news even the slightest is welcome.

I'll check back later for more news on Gabriels condition.Hope it continues to be improving.

The media hasn't updated his condition , that wouldn't sell copy . As I always say the bottom line is the bottom line.

Love hugs kisses and peace to Gabriel. Strength and courage for you Shannon.
Gabriel

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jul 8, 2008
Another failure wrote:
No child should have to endure this type of pain. The boyfriend needs to be found--no doubt. However, did anyone at all see this:
"For a short time, Boyd thought she wasn't going to be allowed to visit Gabriel because her drug test before the hearing Friday was positive for marijuana. She was devastated.
In the Bexar County Courthouse halls, Boyd explained to CPS officials at the courthouse Friday that the drug use was before the incident. She pleaded with her attorney and officials in the courthouse halls.
I just want to see my baby, she wailed.I've been there day and night. I was told I might be able to finally spend the night sleeping next to him. I want my baby boy."
No wI feel even worse for this kid--a doper mom who's past choices probably haven't taught her much. She's destined to hook up with more losers or worse.....
Such a sad world we live in.....
Shannon Boyd is a great mother. Since the moment of his birth, he has been her life. She has showed love and affection and always been protective of her son. She may have made a few bad choices and trusted the wrong people but she cannot be accountable for that. She knows her mistakes and is doing all in her power to make the wrong right. Do not pass judgment on that which you know little about. My best wishes and prayers for Lil Gabe and his mom.
Shannon

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 8, 2008
Who has lived there life and can say they have never made a mistake. Whom ever this person "Another Failure" is seems to be more concerned with myself than someone who could do things like this to a child. I am doing everything I can for my son. I always have and I always will. As far as the comment "calling a spade a spade" how do you know it's a spade if you your self haven't ever seen it and you know nothing about it.. you mother never taught you that if you don't have anything good to say then you should just keep it to your self...this topix was made to speek of my son so if you dont have good words for my son my self or my family then you might want to find another topix...
Who Knew

Sunnyside, NY

#14 Jul 9, 2008
People are entitled to their own opinions. If you cant handle bad critisism then maybe this topix shouldnt have been created. Did your mother raise you to be a stripper? Maybe you should have paid a little more attention to your sons and his surrounding instead of leaving him to go take your clothes off.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#15 Jul 9, 2008
Are we debating a lax in parenting or a moral standing on employment? Seems ROBOBLOGGER knows how to generate the hits. Also demonstrates the prostitution of the press.
ihatekcouric

Sacramento, CA

#16 Jul 10, 2008
Who Knew wrote:
People are entitled to their own opinions. If you cant handle bad critisism then maybe this topix shouldnt have been created. Did your mother raise you to be a stripper? Maybe you should have paid a little more attention to your sons and his surrounding instead of leaving him to go take your clothes off.
You need to wisen up. Try this for starters: Matthew 7:2

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#17 Jul 10, 2008
ihatekcouric wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to wisen up. Try this for starters: Matthew 7:2
I like you name , me too but I fear I hate nancy grace too.. think I hate their power more than them personally.. too bad they don't use it for good instead of loking like chicken heads on chicken necks cackeling like yes you guessed it chickens ...laying eggs.lol
MJR

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jul 11, 2008
Prayers to Gabriel and his mother. Shannon I applaud you for standing up for yourself and your son. We all make mistakes in life and we learn from them. Too bad we can't all be perfect like some of the people in above comments.
Who Knew

Sunnyside, NY

#19 Jul 11, 2008
Glad to think there's morons out there that brush off the little things in life like standing by idle while your child gets physically abused.
the Grand father

AOL

#20 Jan 1, 2009
My grandson is doing alot better than you could ever imagine. After I went to the hospital and listened to a doctor tell me that they were going to want to stop life support. And enduring all that has been going on since I know that there is going to be several issues that surface from all of this and that it isnt over yet. He is alive and and is very happy but is in need of a few things prayers included.

“Texas Rocks!!”

Texas

#21 Jan 1, 2009
the Grand father wrote:
My grandson is doing alot better than you could ever imagine. After I went to the hospital and listened to a doctor tell me that they were going to want to stop life support. And enduring all that has been going on since I know that there is going to be several issues that surface from all of this and that it isnt over yet. He is alive and and is very happy but is in need of a few things prayers included.
that's really good to know. many blessings.
crazy8s

Glen Oaks, NY

#22 Jan 15, 2009
Your a idiot who cant admit to being a failure. I hope that boy gets to live with people who will love him and take care of him unlike you...
shannon wrote:
I am Gabriel's Mother and no matter what anyone says about me I am a good mother and I love my son more than anything. I have used maijuana in my past, but how many people in the us can say that they them selves haven't ever tryed it, or that they don't currently use it. I haven't ever tryed or done anything else. I have never been arrested, never commited any crimes. So for some one who has no idea who I a or anything about me to say that I am a dopper mother you should know what you are talking about before you make statments like that.And the fact the fact that you dont put your name by your statments shows that you can't even stand by the statments you make. So facts right... I'm a good mother and everyone who knows me knows that I am.. a lot of bad things happen to good people.. if you would watch the news or read the paper you would know that.
DYounge

United States

#23 Oct 9, 2009
I didn't find this blog till recently and I am very fimillar with this case
I knew the younge family through a freind and I must say I was in dis belief
When I heard about this hole thing they all loved eachother so much you cannot
Fault the mother for being neglegent becuse in my opinion there were no signs
Unhappyness. I just wonder what would make what seemed like such a loving
Go completly insane like that. Well I know this is a old topic but I was really just trying
To find out if the younge boy was doing ok but after reading the whole blog I wouldn't be
Supprised if Shannon has abondond this topix
I will check back and good luck Gabe we are all praying for you
crazy8s wrote:
Your a idiot who cant admit to being a failure. I hope that boy gets to live with people who will love him and take care of him unlike you... <quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 1 hr Sterling 5,157
Female working in the oilfield 2 hr Heather 8
Twin Theatre Adult Video Store (Oct '09) 5 hr t69letsswing 115
whats the best strip club Thu bruh 1
roland castro (Jun '13) Thu Looking for him 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 902
Y I hate white people Wed jesse 7
More from around the web

San Antonio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

San Antonio Mortgages