Sheriff Ortiz pulled over on DWI charge

Posted in the San Antonio Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
County Commissioners

United States

#1 May 31, 2012
Well, well. Seems our long time puppet has screwed up again. We control the strings on this puppet. Naturally, we want to know who pulled the strings at SAPD? McAnus?

Major allegations surfaced Thursday against Bexar County Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz.

A local website, www.sanantoniolightning.com , posted a headline alleging that he was pulled over on a drunken driving charge early in the morning on May 20.

The website also claimed the San Antonio Police officer that pulled him over not only didn't report the stop, but drove Ortiz home.

But the website has not provided any proof that the stop actually happened, creating serious doubts about the authenticity of the claim.

The headline claimed Ortiz was pulled over on Loop 1604, in the Highway 151 area.

Ortiz denied the stop ever happened and said he was at home at the time the website alleges the traffic stop occurred. He went on to say media should verify truth before making damaging claims.

Sources have told KSAT that the rumor might have begun with the Andy Lopez campaign for sheriff.

Lopez will face Ortiz in a July runoff election for the Democratic nomination for Bexar County Sheriff.

Asked directly if he or his campaign put out the allegation, Lopez said his knowledge of the issue came only from what he saw on www.sanantoniolightning.com , and denied that any rumors came out of his campaign.

KSAT filed a public records request for all traffic stops from that night, but so far, no results have been returned.
UNKNOWN

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jun 1, 2012
True or not true....It is what it is! There are many not so great people employes with teh sheriffs office who do things and get away with it. Such as Sgt. C. Bruchel with PSI, and a couple of his close peers who alledges false allegations against innocent people who doesn't even have a clue whats coming. Sad thing is, he is supposedly running for "state representative district 44 in wilson county". I believe only honest people should run for any office. Not people who lie about their backgrounds and who they are. Those are DIRTY PEOPLE that we DON'T WANT! Good Luck with becoming better and honest people ;)
County Commissioners wrote:
Well, well. Seems our long time puppet has screwed up again. We control the strings on this puppet. Naturally, we want to know who pulled the strings at SAPD? McAnus?
A local website, www.sanantoniolightning.com , posted a headline alleging that he was pulled over on a drunken driving charge early in the morning on May 20.
The website also claimed the San Antonio Police officer that pulled him over not only didn't report the stop, but drove Ortiz home.
But the website has not provided any proof that the stop actually happened, creating serious doubts about the authenticity of the claim.
The headline claimed Ortiz was pulled over on Loop 1604, in the Highway 151 area.
Ortiz denied the stop ever happened and said he was at home at the time the website alleges the traffic stop occurred. He went on to say media should verify truth before making damaging claims.
Sources have told KSAT that the rumor might have begun with the Andy Lopez campaign for sheriff.
Lopez will face Ortiz in a July runoff election for the Democratic nomination for Bexar County Sheriff.
Asked directly if he or his campaign put out the allegation, Lopez said his knowledge of the issue came only from what he saw on www.sanantoniolightning.com , and denied that any rumors came out of his campaign.
KSAT filed a public records request for all traffic stops from that night, but so far, no results have been returned.
VET

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jun 1, 2012
I am not an Ortiz supporter, but I know how nasty politics in south Texas can get. Slander, back stabbing, deceased people and illegals voting are all part of how the game is played. Let's see the evidence before we write him off!
Tyler Durdin

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 1, 2012
Harlon Copeland was pulled over by SAPD once and he just said "I'm the Sheriff" and drove off. The SAPD Officer was just left standing there...
Hmmm

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jun 1, 2012
What makes this worse is that we can't even trust that SAPD wouldn't cover something like this up.

Look at he situation with the SAPD sergeant driving a department vehicle while intoxicated! His buddies and coworkers covered for him, all the way to McManus's office, but one honest officer TOLD THE TRUTH!!!
THEN McManus acted like it was all news to him!

Ortiz is ex-SAPD, and they take care of their own.
So, could they have swept it under the rug, not generated a call sheet, "accidentally" entered the wrong info??? Absolutely.

Ortiz has a reputation for ALWAYS driving drunk! Deputies have even witnessed him showing up at the back door of the jail at night, drunk and stupid!
Even if it turns out not to be true, it's certainly not far-fetched.

Also, why would any opponent of Ortiz have to generate rumors?
There's enough ugly truth to use against such a poor example of a human being, much less a Sheriff!

Politics or not, I believe this one.
Von Ormy 4 Lopez

Shreveport, LA

#6 Jun 1, 2012
VET wrote:
I am not an Ortiz supporter, but I know how nasty politics in south Texas can get. Slander, back stabbing, deceased people and illegals voting are all part of how the game is played. Let's see the evidence before we write him off!
You want see nasty? Go to Twin Theater and watch all the jotos have sex with each other. That's nasty and illegal. Violations of the State's Penal Code. Sheriff Ortiz should be enforcing the law, not breaking it by continuing to allow this activity to take place. Why? He's not only a drunk, but a pecker licker. VOTE ANDY LOPEZ!
James

United States

#8 Jun 1, 2012
Disappointment! Andy Lopez Is The Man
gabby

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2012
So Sad. I guess I know who I'm voting for in the run off!#AndyLopez I'm voting for
Tyler Durden

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jun 2, 2012
go to wrote:
Go to the Red Line bar late at night on Bandera. You will see an ex sheriff and Oritz slobbering over young thangs and barely able to walk.
How is Ralph doing these days?
Cleto

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2012
County Commissioners wrote:
Looks like there's no proof of the Sheriff driving drunk,getting a ride home from SAPD,unless someone from that circle that night leaked it out. They must of gave him a ride in a unmarked no GPS city vehicle,the Sheriff denies owning a Mercedes, there is a black one parked in his reserve parking space at the Jail in the back.
VET

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jun 2, 2012
No body, no murder!
Frank N Furter

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jun 3, 2012
VET wrote:
No body, no murder!
No Bun, No Wiener!
Agreed

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jun 5, 2012
Cleto wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like there's no proof of the Sheriff driving drunk,getting a ride home from SAPD,unless someone from that circle that night leaked it out. They must of gave him a ride in a unmarked no GPS city vehicle,the Sheriff denies owning a Mercedes, there is a black one parked in his reserve parking space at the Jail in the back.
He doesn't own a Mercedes, but he drives one! Everyone at the S.O. has seen him in more than one Mercedes. The truth will come out. Right now, even the republicans are protecting Ortiz because they want an easier opponent in November.
One way or the other, Ortiz will fall.

Just so everyone knows, McManus is waiting to nail Ortiz until after the runoff because McManus is backing Pamerleau for Sheriff.
SDI Hartman

San Antonio, TX

#16 Jun 16, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't own a Mercedes, but he drives one! Everyone at the S.O. has seen him in more than one Mercedes. The truth will come out. Right now, even the republicans are protecting Ortiz because they want an easier opponent in November.
One way or the other, Ortiz will fall.
Just so everyone knows, McManus is waiting to nail Ortiz until after the runoff because McManus is backing Pamerleau for Sheriff.
Whats that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Firehose

Birmingham, AL

#17 Jun 16, 2012
Frank N Furter wrote:
<quoted text> No Bun, No Wiener!
Ortiz would get plenty of that when he would go in disguise to the Twin Theaters. Looked like a rat in drag.
Cleto

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2012
The one that instigated Ortiz DWI is a fired reserve Sgt Herman Alex Solis that got caught working his side job by DPS Private Security Bureau, so now he's supporting Susan Pamerleau . He was helping her with the block walk, and told her that he will leak it out to the sanantoniolightning.com about Sheriff's Ortiz DWI that never happened.
SDI Hartman

San Antonio, TX

#19 Jun 18, 2012
Cleto wrote:
The one that instigated Ortiz DWI is a fired reserve Sgt Herman Alex Solis that got caught working his side job by DPS Private Security Bureau, so now he's supporting Susan Pamerleau . He was helping her with the block walk, and told her that he will leak it out to the sanantoniolightning.com about Sheriff's Ortiz DWI that never happened.
Ex-SGT Solis needs to drop down and give me 20 push ups for being a low life maggot!
true facts

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jun 21, 2012
Please read the San Antonio Lightning newspaper, or log on to the web site. Finally, a media source that is not afraid to publish the truth. See what everyone knew but were afraid to print. I don't support any candidate, but I am concerned about our city and county and the reputation that our unscupulous politicians bestow on all of us. If this is the best we got to offer, we're in alot of trouble. We deserve better.
Cleto

United States

#21 Jun 22, 2012
Herman! STFU! You history,nobody cares about your fake allegations about Ortiz, go continue to kiss Susan's ass for a position. Nobody will hire you,your blackballed from Law Enforcement go look for another job that you can kiss ass & move your way up. You made a name for yourself, everybody is glad that your history from BCSO.
Elton Juan

San Antonio, TX

#22 Oct 16, 2012
Herman Alex Solis likes to play football naked and in the dark with a group of hairy men at the ACI Bath House!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and cheese where are the crackers 2 hr Little Johnny Da ... 47
Where are all the Hookers? Real Onez? ... (Mar '11) 3 hr Cristal 96
WT F did D C Dave just beg someone to give him ... 3 hr white mike 24
Deport 3 hr Cristal 3
What color is the toilet paper what color are t... 3 hr DC Dave 10
KInFolk MC 1%er Texas (Mar '17) 5 hr 210 dirtydog 37
Ok Raza start hanging your Mexican flag outside... 6 hr Little Johnny Da ... 76

San Antonio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance