vote no to sheriff ortiz in 2012!

Posted in the San Antonio Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Officer J D Buck Savage

Vidor, TX

#1 Dec 15, 2011
Time for the old geezer to retire and spend some time at Twin Theatre as a receptacle for sexual fluids, and, have fun with the other guys (only) that have sex with each other on a daily basis inside the theaters. What a job. Burp!
Guiffria

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2011
From closing down 2 patrol sub stations, to housing other inmates at other county jails. He's letting the DSABC do the fighting with the commissioners. When he got elected he said "I'm Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz" & that's it , he's done nothing to improve the Sheriff's Office. The commissioners are backing that retired general, why? Cause she's a "yes" lady, Kevin Wolff is backing her. They have a plan to help her get elected so she can privatized the jail, so they claim they can save the taxpayers money. Ortiz possibly not get re elected, cause he did nothing for the deputies, the community.
Concerned

Syracuse, NY

#3 Dec 24, 2011
Hmmm? What happens to the jail deputies if the jail gets privatized?
Maggie

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Hmmm? What happens to the jail deputies if the jail gets privatized?
They can all wank each other off at Twin Theatre in a circle jerk while Sheriff Ortiz is in the center on his knees. He approves Twin Theatre.
AirForceRet

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 25, 2011
Gen.Susan Pamerleau is no pushover or a "yes man/woman." Since only 1.5% of Americans ever serve in the armed forces, they do not know the abilities and responsibilities of a Flag Officer. Trust me, she a free thinker and will look at many options on how to make improvement to the jail's operation. Detention officers need not worry about the privation paranoia stirred up by her opponents. Come on guys, would you rather have another term of the ďgood ol boy/compadre system? Think for yourselves instead of believing the propaganda of the other candidates.
klinkman

Dallas, TX

#6 Dec 25, 2011
She's probably a Yankee from up north just like mcmanus who want to bring their style of law enforcement to Bexar county. We don't need people from other parts of the country to tell us how to run things. Their ways don't work here. McManus thinks he's the top lawman here and everybody is beneath his arrogant ass!
Big John

San Antonio, TX

#7 Dec 25, 2011
Kingman, your lack of education and low intelligence is reflected in your comments. How does being ďnot from hereĒ affect oneís ability to do a good job? That has nothing to do being competent and effective. I guess you like doing it the San Antonio way, which includes hiring your friends, family, taking graft, lining your pockets, before you are kicked out. But you know what? Your opinion doesnít matter because historically, people like you arenít registered voters and donít bother to vote on Election Day. Thatís exactly how Phil Hartberger kicked Julian Castorís butt in 2005. People with your mentality talked trash, but didnít deliver at the polls. You should stick to Dallas County issues, but we all know you are not from Dallas.
Wee Wee

United States

#8 Dec 25, 2011
Who gets their pee pee sucked at Twin Theatre?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 25, 2011
To be fair, being from here has a lot to do with knowing the needs of the community you plan to serve. All regionalisms aside, who better to serve you than someone with the local experience and roots in this county that it takes to be truly effective?

Pamerleau has run for another political office and lost. Ricketts has run for other political offices and lost. So, while the Sheriff's Office might seem to be the next easiest path into "politics", I don't think they have what it takes for THIS office.

It takes someone with a passion for THIS JOB, to really make a true difference.

Ortiz has made a mockery of the BCSO, and there are too many jobs and families at stake to risk privatization of the jail at the hand of an Air Force General! It's not just rumors and propaganda, it's a REAL possibility! Remember, it was all just rumors till Brooks and Kelly got the axe, destroying small, family owned businesses while benefitting local Fat Cats and a few AIR FORCE GENERALS getting ready for retirement as well.

We support Andy Lopez because he has a viable solution for the jail, and for his outspoken opposition to the current, corrupt, good ole' boy administration. Andy started in the jail many years ago, retired as a Chief with BCSO, and is NOT a politician! Andy Lopez is a good man, a LOCAL man who'll protect LOCAL jobs and restore dignity to the Bexar County Sheriffs Office!
soothsayer

San Antonio, TX

#10 Dec 26, 2011
I agree it makes us look like we don't have anybody good enough for our political offices when you elect or hire someone from another part of the country. We have many well qualified, honest local people here to run for political office. Many of them that have dedicated years of service to the community. Andy Lopez is one of those persons.
WTH

Georgetown, TX

#11 Jan 2, 2012
Check out these comments about Ortiz and his right hand man Gabehart, some are these allegations are serious. Ortiz in 2012?
http://chicanochannel.com/blog/ccm/2011/04/on...
Voter

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2012
WTH wrote:
Check out these comments about Ortiz and his right hand man Gabehart, some are these allegations are serious. Ortiz in 2012?
http://chicanochannel.com/blog/ccm/2011/04/on...
Here's what I gathered from the "allegations".

"CCM: Why do you want to be Sheriff again? ORTIZ: I think because itís in my system. I really care for the people that work here. I think if I came back, I could make their lives a little better and thatís what weíre trying to do. Itís not the best environment to work in, so we have to make it worthwhile for the employees. Iím really concerned about our employees. I want to make their job as pleasant as it can be, especially under the circumstances they are working in." Wrong answer for a voter. It should be about the community he serves.

"CCM: Itís no secret that youíre a Democrat. Do you think your party affiliation matters when it comes to how you do your job as a Sheriff? ORTIZ: Not how you do the job, but it matters in getting the job. By that I mean you have to be either a Democrat or a Republican to even run for office. So I always tell people that the Sheriff doesnít make any laws, we enforce the law. But the vehicle to becoming Sheriff is through one party or the other. So you have to choose a party." Enforce the laws? Mr. Ortiz, explain why Twin Theatre is still open for business as usual? The activities in the theaters are illegal. Enforce the damn law. Being a puppet to Commissioner's Court is not a job!
Between the lines

Georgetown, TX

#13 Jan 2, 2012
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I gathered from the "allegations".
"CCM: Why do you want to be Sheriff again? ORTIZ: I think because itís in my system. I really care for the people that work here. I think if I came back, I could make their lives a little better and thatís what weíre trying to do. Itís not the best environment to work in, so we have to make it worthwhile for the employees. Iím really concerned about our employees. I want to make their job as pleasant as it can be, especially under the circumstances they are working in." Wrong answer for a voter. It should be about the community he serves.
"CCM: Itís no secret that youíre a Democrat. Do you think your party affiliation matters when it comes to how you do your job as a Sheriff? ORTIZ: Not how you do the job, but it matters in getting the job. By that I mean you have to be either a Democrat or a Republican to even run for office. So I always tell people that the Sheriff doesnít make any laws, we enforce the law. But the vehicle to becoming Sheriff is through one party or the other. So you have to choose a party." Enforce the laws? Mr. Ortiz, explain why Twin Theatre is still open for business as usual? The activities in the theaters are illegal. Enforce the damn law. Being a puppet to Commissioner's Court is not a job!
I think the poster meant the allegations in the comment section, guns smuggling and lots of other topics to sift through
Alana Cherry

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2012
There's only one candidate with 40 years service in the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and that is Donald Falcon. Mr. Falcon started from the Jail division to the top of the ranks, he has experience in Bexar County politics helped set the rules and bi-laws of the Bexar County constitution. Mr. Falcon believes in his men/women who have proven their professionalism for many years. Mr. shows Truth and Loyalty to the Sheriff's department and has the John Wayne attitude towards the criminals. Mr. Falcon only the job is to protect the citizens of Bexar County. By the way Mr. Falcon is born and raised in San Antonio, Tx. My vote is Sheriff is Donald Falcon.
Not

Hot Springs Village, AR

#15 Jan 5, 2012
Alana Cherry wrote:
There's only one candidate with 40 years service in the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and that is Donald Falcon. Mr. Falcon started from the Jail division to the top of the ranks, he has experience in Bexar County politics helped set the rules and bi-laws of the Bexar County constitution. Mr. Falcon believes in his men/women who have proven their professionalism for many years. Mr. shows Truth and Loyalty to the Sheriff's department and has the John Wayne attitude towards the criminals. Mr. Falcon only the job is to protect the citizens of Bexar County. By the way Mr. Falcon is born and raised in San Antonio, Tx. My vote is Sheriff is Donald Falcon.
Falcon is not a candidate.
SATX

San Antonio, TX

#16 Jan 5, 2012
Can tell you for sure that Commisioner's Court is NOT backing Susan Pamerleau. Can tell you for sure that Kevin Wolff IS backing Ralph Diaz. These are facts and not the rumors that you all tend to believe instead of talking to these candidiates yourself.
Guiffria wrote:
From closing down 2 patrol sub stations, to housing other inmates at other county jails. He's letting the DSABC do the fighting with the commissioners. When he got elected he said "I'm Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz" & that's it , he's done nothing to improve the Sheriff's Office. The commissioners are backing that retired general, why? Cause she's a "yes" lady, Kevin Wolff is backing her. They have a plan to help her get elected so she can privatized the jail, so they claim they can save the taxpayers money. Ortiz possibly not get re elected, cause he did nothing for the deputies, the community.
SATX

San Antonio, TX

#17 Jan 5, 2012
Who told this to you? Unless this is Don Falcon himself...you can ask any old timer that works at the Sheriff's Office now and they all say the same thing. FAlcon is worthless
Alana Cherry wrote:
SATX

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jan 5, 2012
I wish people would take the energy that they put into political rumors and actually talkto these candidates. Susan Pamerlou is not backed by Commisioner's Court. Kevin Wolff is backing Ralph Diaz. This is a fact and not rumor. Please people look up these candidiate functions and attend to make an informed decision and not a dumb one.
Guiffria wrote:
hec

San Antonio, TX

#19 Feb 11, 2012
Ortiz needs to go along with all his jail administratfrion.1 dovalina made it to chief,but has gabehardt aka Hitler running the jail and running away top notch veteran officers,they have 2 worthless captains valdez and gonzales.valdez has been grievenced several times and moved from one building to the other,gonzales can't even get to work on time and lies on the pay roster.they are now admin captains funny.lt.walston is a racist and its documented and now is part of admin.that's why the morale is down.chief gabehardt puts out policys but breaks them all the time.these people are jokes.......
hec

San Antonio, TX

#20 Feb 11, 2012
I forgot to mention one fantastic move dovalina has made and that making capt.R.Vela an admin.captain,I personally know that if he were the jail administrator the morale would be at an all time high,he cares about the officers and their safety and doesnt see them as numbers.oh and about the so called log books that's another joke there's not enough man power to truly document times on them.but they know this(admin) and fire officers for not being accurate on times.that's why there's so much contraband in the jail,the officer is to worried about the book and keeping his job that it takes away from you monitoring the inmates the right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Military vehicles on trains 1 hr mean 4
Trump grand scale public assistance Sat true 4
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) Sat Oh Poor Baby 7,841
Trumps so called health care was pulled out lol Fri Insider 3
The cost of "Illegal" Immigration Mar 24 Insider 75
Any couple's in to swinging in San Antonio or c... (Apr '16) Mar 24 Manny 4
Lookin for drugs (Apr '14) Mar 23 Truthfully 27

San Antonio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance