Monica married her girl friend in canada
karan

San Antonio, TX

#2 Oct 18, 2010
I am voting for Monica
LISA

San Antonio, TX

#3 Oct 18, 2010
I like Monica Guerrero. She is a great Judge and hopes she wins.
SAT VOTER

San Antonio, TX

#4 Oct 19, 2010
GO MONICA !!!!!!
Viper Man

San Antonio, TX

#5 Oct 19, 2010
Not sure who to vote for ?
voter

Universal City, TX

#6 Oct 19, 2010
Viper Man wrote:
Not sure who to vote for ?
If you are gay vote for monica
sylb

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2010
If judge Roy Bean would come back from the dead, he would have my vote for sure!
LISA

San Antonio, TX

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Genie Wright was my attorney. I would not vote for her if you paid me.
So if you are gay that makes you Bad Judge ?
Bree

Weslaco, TX

#9 Oct 19, 2010
Voting for Genie... all the way!!!
Fredrick C

San Antonio, TX

#10 Oct 20, 2010
I have worked with Monica in the past and find her a very fair Lady. I will support her and vote for Her !
thomas o caldwell

United States

#11 Oct 20, 2010
who started this series of posts ?

"who do support for judge" what does that mean?
Billy

San Antonio, TX

#12 Oct 20, 2010
How do I Find out the track record of a Judge ?
So I know what way to vote ?
Angelique

San Antonio, TX

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Genie has my vote!
thomas o caldwell

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2010
Billy wrote:
monica was sanction by the texas judicial ethics commission for taking money $10,000 from attorneys that practice in her court. she has the largest docket back log in the county, and her court is the most expensive in the county to run because she is never there.
thomas o caldwell

United States

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Billy wrote:
County Judge Monica Guerrero was disciplined today after a News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooters investigation revealed she accepted Spurs tickets from lawyer in her court.

The State Commission on Judicial Conduct released a public disciplinary action against the judge who presides in County Court at Law Number 7, and ruled that she violated Judicial Ethics by accepting an improper gift.

The state investigation started after the we uncovered the Guerrero was accepting gifts improper gifts from lawyers doing business in her court. The source of the information, a former employee in Guerrero's office, told us he knew the Judge would accept and pick up the free tickets during taxpayers' time.

Source:..."they've even come into the office and dropped them off. I believe that she's even gone herself to pick them up or had someone pick them up for her."

Brian: "And you know for a fact that she is not paying for these tickets, not paying the fair market value of the tickets, so it is not a gift."

Source: "yes, I do. she is not paying for them."

The Trouble Shooters were tipped off to all of this in 2006 and found her in premium courtside seats at least four games in past seasons.

Jesse Gamez, a local criminal attorney who practices in Guerrero's court, owns six of the seats in the area where we spotted the Judge. While Gamez wouldn't give a comment when the original story aired in 2008, he did admit to giving Guerrero a ticket to at least one Spurs game.

Gamez told us he gave tickets to several judges, but told them to claim the tickets as gifts. Judge Guerrero did not list the tickets on her financial disclosure statements.

Today, the Commission found Guerrero responsible for taking one ticket, priced at $230, from Gamez.

The Commission also found her guilty of violating judicial rules for writing a recommendation on court letterhead for her ex-girlfriend stating that Guerrero was "confident" that the applicant would be "vindicated" and her "reputation restored." At the time, the woman was facing a DWI and seeking acceptance into the Board of American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. According to the Admonition, the Commission rejected a claim that Judge Guerrero only signed the letter, "under duress."

The Judicial Commission could have tried to take Guerrero off the bench, but instead chose to put a permanent mark on her record. Guerrero is up for re-election in November.

Guerrero did not return calls and emails for comment.

Tags:Bexar County Court, Brian Collister. Monica Guerrero, Judge

Our members are responsible for this content, which is not edited by the Express-News.

Billy

San Antonio, TX

#16 Oct 22, 2010
So how do I find out about this Genie Wright ?
She has never been a Judge. So how do know who to vote for ?
They both are the same to me at this Point.
thomas o caldwell

United States

#17 Oct 22, 2010
Billy wrote:
So how do I find out about this Genie Wright ?
She has never been a Judge. So how do know who to vote for ?
They both are the same to me at this Point.
go to express news for endorsement or go to [email protected] or www.WrightJudge.com
Joan M

San Antonio, TX

#18 Oct 22, 2010
Billy,
Here is so info I found.. Good Luck on Voting

Endorsements
Bexar County Sheriff Officers Association
San Antonio Police Officers Association
Bexar County Northeast Democrats
San Antonio Stonewall Democrats

Education
• University of Texas at San Antonio, B.A. Political Science 1990
• Council for Legal Educational Opportunity Fellowship, University of Missouri, 1991
• University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 1994

Employment
• Student Intern, Family Violence Unit, Bexar County District Attorney's Office 1990
• Advocate, Family Violence Unit, Bexar County District Attorney's Office, 1991
• Student Intern, Kansas Legal Services for Prisoners, 1992 -1993
• Student Attorney, Legal Services for Students, 1993 -1994
• Assistant Criminal District Attorney, Bexar County District Attorney's Office, 1995 -2002
• County Judge, Bexar County Court at Law #7, 2003 - Present, hearing all misdemeanor family violence cases for Bexar County
• Family Law Master, Bexar County, Texas 2003 - Present, hearing child abuse cases, child custody and divorcs, along with other family law matters.

Honors
• Speaker at the Texas Center for Judiciary Statewide Conference, 2004
• Participant in the Courts in Schools Program
• Featured on the Hallmark Channel show New Morning, May 26, 2004, entitled "Spiritual Journeys" http://www.newmorningtv.tv/todaysshow_052604....
• Participant in the "Kids Against Violence" art contest
• Writer and recipient of Criminal Justice Grant for the "Specialization of Domestic Violence Court" 2005
• Recipient of the Elected Official of the Year Award 2005 from the National Association of Social Workers, SA Branch
• Recipient of the 2005 West San Antonio Chamber Doctoral Achievement Award
• Board member for The Texas Center for the Judiciary

Membership
• Licensed member of the Texas Bar
• San Antonio Bar Association
• Mexican American Bar Association
• Bexar County Women's Bar Association
• National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges

Joan M

San Antonio, TX

#19 Oct 22, 2010
Billy,
Here is some info I found on Genie Wright
This was on news 12

Mudslinger Award: Political Candidate Genie Wright
Using Judge Monica Guerrero’s sexual orientation as a smear tactic in the race for County Court at Law, No. 7, proved a fruitless campaign ploy for candidate Genie Wright, a lawyer and former schoolteacher who manages her husband’s medical practice. Wright’s most onerous stunt came when she teamed up with Christian radio talk show host Adam McManus and ambushed Guerrero on-air. Wright would not debate the issues but rather let McManus and his callers taunt Guerrero with their anti-gay views. Wright lost to Guerrero by a margin of almost 20,000 votes
THOMAS O CALDWELL

San Antonio, TX

#20 Oct 23, 2010
Joan M wrote:
Billy,
Here is some info I found on Genie Wright
This was on news 12
Mudslinger Award: Political Candidate Genie Wright
Using Judge Monica Guerrero’s sexual orientation as a smear tactic in the race for County Court at Law, No. 7, proved a fruitless campaign ploy for candidate Genie Wright, a lawyer and former schoolteacher who manages her husband’s medical practice. Wright’s most onerous stunt came when she teamed up with Christian radio talk show host Adam McManus and ambushed Guerrero on-air. Wright would not debate the issues but rather let McManus and his callers taunt Guerrero with their anti-gay views. Wright lost to Guerrero by a margin of almost 20,000 votes
Monica SHOULD BE IN PRISON WITH HER FORMER BALIFF FOR HER PART IN THE ILLEGAL USE OF THE STOLEN SOUTH WEST AIRLINE TICKETS. SHE LIED ABOUT HOW MANY SHE USED. SAID SHE DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE STOLEN. I GUESS SHE CAN'T READ EITHER, BECAUSE THEY SAID ON THE TICKETS THAT THEY WERE NOT FOR SALE AND NOT TRANFERABLE.IF ANYONE HAD GONE BEFORE HER AS A JUDGE SHE WOULD HAVE SAID YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Presidential recount Trump will win the P... 1 hr Arbitrator 2
Breeding Update (Jun '15) 1 hr New Update 221
Stephen Morales, Scam Artist (Feb '14) 5 hr Danny Cervantes 82
Cleaning Up Ham Radio in San Antonio (Aug '10) 6 hr Insider 7,249
Review: iLoveKickboxing - San Antonio, TX (Mar '15) 7 hr bhumika 33
little johnny arrested 8 hr Gas All BEANERS 2
Ha ha ha la tranny from Califas couldn't sleep ... 8 hr Little Johnny Da ... 1

San Antonio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance