Has anyone heard the case about the family the SEXTONS?

Posted in the San Antonio Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
KB from Tampa

Palm Harbor, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2006
This was many years ago, maybe 10 or so, about a family that was very bizarre. It was a horrific abuse case and it ended up in Pasco County which shocked me cuz I was reading the book "Family Secrets" and wow, there they were. Was just wondering if there was anything written about this family in the news or anything, article I can find about it. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
from ohio

Massillon, OH

#2 Apr 13, 2007
Yes, I've heard oft he Sextons, in fact, today in one of my classes, we ended up talking about it, one of the girls in my class has the book about them called "House of Secrets".

They grew up around here and one of my teachers had two of the girls in class. I'm not too familiar with it, but I was just looking into getting the book.

I haven't seen any news articles but I think you'd benefit from "House of Secrets".
steve

Massillon, OH

#3 Aug 10, 2007
yea ive heard about this case. i live literally 2 minutes from the sexton's home. i just got the "House of secrets" and plan on reading it soon.
jjd

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2007
Right in the middle of "house of secrets" weird
Matt

Massillon, OH

#5 Feb 14, 2009
I actually grew up in the same neighborhood as the Sextons. I had been to the house before, but i never went into it. I still live in the area and very close, 2 minute drive away. I was actually in the same grade as one of the girls. I remember the girl named Kim Sexton (which i am sure she is mentioned in the book), I remember in first grade she came to school with a black eye. I actually haven't read the book, but seeing that i grew up in the same neighborhood as this sick family makes me think that getting that book is a must. If anyone wants i could actually take a picture sometime of the house and pond that is in front of the house.
bankonit

Wichita, KS

#6 Jun 22, 2010
Matt - Where is the house located? I'm curious to see it.
Danette

AOL

#7 Jul 26, 2010
The home is located on State Route 241 (Wales Rd) Massillon (Jackson Twp). It's actually on the NW corner of Carolina and Wales RD. The pond/yard is fenced. *This is still a private residence.
chase

Canton, OH

#8 Nov 4, 2011
there was no one named kim in the sexton family
alyssa

Canton, OH

#9 Jan 26, 2012
this took place in the 80s it was a sick family which was ran as a cult the mother also took part and knowing of these sick rapes and abuses . he had 6 children when people started to realize what was going on they contacted authorties which didnt help much none of the children would come forward. his brother otis sexton came forward and told p[olice about the cult like life he was leading and all of the horrible things that had went on. when he was caught and chargerd he fled to florida where he was caught 2 of his children pixie and william came foreward and told them that they had killed two family members her 9 month old son and her husband good. which there fathered had ordered . ed was charged with 4 counts of rape abuse and other charges pixie and william were charged with murder . There was an article in the akron beacon jornal called Silence, fear hide a tale of horror. it tells the whole story and all of the charges you can google it and it will pop up.
Kathy

Massillon, OH

#10 Jul 30, 2012
My husband and I are from a nearby town, and a year or so after this all happened, we were house-hunting in the Massillon area. We were looking at bank-owned homes, hoping to find a bargain, and we happened to notice a a very nice home, with a small lake in front. Noticing it was empty and a repossession, we walked around the property, fantasizing how nice it would be to have this nice house in a fantastic neighborhood, with our own little lake. One weird thing we noticed was that there was wire mesh covering the windows in the garage. As we were about to get into our car to leave, a neighbor lady approached us, and told us that the house was the Sexton house of horrors! Thank goodness, we didn't end up owning that house! Someone else did buy it, but it is now up for sale again. Recently Ed Sexton Jr.'s name has been surfacing in our local newspapers for bank heists and robberies. Poor guy never stood a chance being raised by those evil, demonic people.
Shiree

West Lafayette, IN

#11 Sep 19, 2012
For whomever may have read the book and know who Dawn and Shasta are.... My Aunt and Uncle adopted them down in Hudson Fl. They have been in my family for many years now, though my Uncle divorced his wife, I still have Shasta and Dawn on my Myspace and Facebook. I met them when they were really small, neither girl had been educated and just like the book reads, they did not know how to talk and were very behind on many things. I know that deep down their hearts hurt for their families past, but I am so honored to have been part of their lives and making sure they are protected from their Mother and Grandfather's abnormalities!!
serene

Suwanee, GA

#12 Feb 13, 2013
chase wrote:
oh yes there was a daughter named kim. Try reading the book again. In the picture secton you will see her.
Lol

Canton, OH

#13 Feb 23, 2013
Well I have personally met Sherri, Pixie, Shelly, and Eddie and their children and have spent more time than I wish I had with them.
erika

Orono, ME

#14 Mar 20, 2013
chase wrote:
yes there was kimberly sexton the youngest
Lisa

Canton, OH

#15 Jun 29, 2013
Yes there was a Kim and yes I know all about this whole thing and alyssa it took place in the early 90's. Eddie Sexton is my great uncle (my fathers uncle) there is also a second book written by eddies brother otis, i believe its the house of secrets the untold story.
Madeline

Massillon, OH

#16 Jul 17, 2013
I live right down the street from the house that's in Ohio it's always up for sale so ya.
Madeline

Massillon, OH

#17 Jul 17, 2013
Danette wrote:
The home is located on State Route 241 (Wales Rd) Massillon (Jackson Twp). It's actually on the NW corner of Carolina and Wales RD. The pond/yard is fenced.*This is still a private residence.
it's not fenced anymore witch you probably know that but ya and you can see the front of the house and pond perfectly fine
Trinnka

Columbus, OH

#18 Aug 15, 2013
The Sexton family home was less than 2 miles from where I grew up. The kids were older than me, and went to a different school. Read "House of Secrets" it's hard to find but is factual
jen

Scio, OH

#19 Oct 3, 2013
There is a Kim....she's the youngest daughter. I know her personally.
Sherrie

Newton Falls, OH

#20 Nov 1, 2013
I knew this family well. I dated the eldest son Patrick. He was the wife son by another man. I met all of the kids. Iwas in this house many times. I met the father. He was a very scary man and as this story tells had control over all of his children. I dated Pat for almost a yr. Willie Sexton use to come over to my house and hang out with my little sister. He was mentally handicapped or what people would call slow. he was such a sweet kind little boy when I knew him. we would always take him everywhere with us him and my sister. Eddie jr. use to date my friend andd we would double date all the time. what I found strange was the kids wore clothes from back in the sixties really dated things well at least the girls did. the girls were very quiet and stand offish. Me and Sherry talked some but not much. She always was so timid. the older boys seem to have control over the mother and the kids when the father was not at home it was odd. I stayed friends with Pat. I was so shocked when this all came out. and then not long after Pat died from a sudden illness. those poor children have had to go through so many horrible things that no one should ever have to go through let alone children I think about them from time to time. I do pray they have found peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H or Blues (Dec '12) Fri Bobothekid 4
Al Sharpton Demonstrates He's Clueles... (Jan '14) Dec 21 No time fo dat 7
Review: Top USA Gold Buyers (Dec '12) Dec 19 Calvin James 6
Dirty Dining: Clock Family Restaurant Dec 17 concerned person 1
Suspect, 17, arrested in attempted sexual assau... Dec 14 mark 3
Review: Digital Ninjaz Dec 12 jenjohnson 2
Lisa G Anderson Dec 8 Jus me 1
San Antonio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web