Illegal acivity Magoffin County High ...

Illegal acivity Magoffin County High School

Posted in the Salyersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Upset Parent

Salyersville, KY

#1 Oct 9, 2010
Do any of you parents have a child in the Vocational School at Magoffin County High School. If so have your children been asked to make political signs for John Montgomery and other Republican candidates? I am very shocked that Vince Minix would have students make campaign signs for School Board Member John Montgomery. They are using school supplies that our tax dollars bought. They are using our children to make these signs when they are supposed to be learning. Its no wonder Magoffin Counties test scores are down compared to the rest of the state. Most of our teachers are worried about kissing up to someone that can get them another rung up the ladder. I am so disappointed in John Montgomery I thought he actually had morals and integrity. I was going to vote for John Montgomery. I know John Montgomery some but not real good, but I did think he was a good man. I would never have believed he would have used his cousin Vince Minix, school money and supplies, and worst of all the poor children to help him make campaign signs to win a stupid election. But he did I checked in on this myself, and you check in on it for yourself too, dont take my word for it. I think we need to meet at the next school board meeting and bring this topic up and get to the bottom of it. And furthermore maybe have Frankfort investigate this I am sure it is not only unethical, but also illegal.
jarnett

Melvin, KY

#2 Oct 9, 2010
you need to forget about this nonsense and worry about your kid being sexually abused or asked to give a teacher a blo job that should be your worry
parent

Salyersville, KY

#3 Oct 9, 2010
My child has him in class and says this is not true, never had them do this and really what is the big deal we all know how politics rules everything in Magoffin !
funny

Louisa, KY

#4 Oct 9, 2010
Upset Parent wrote:
Do any of you parents have a child in the Vocational School at Magoffin County High School. If so have your children been asked to make political signs for John Montgomery and other Republican candidates? I am very shocked that Vince Minix would have students make campaign signs for School Board Member John Montgomery. They are using school supplies that our tax dollars bought. They are using our children to make these signs when they are supposed to be learning. Its no wonder Magoffin Counties test scores are down compared to the rest of the state. Most of our teachers are worried about kissing up to someone that can get them another rung up the ladder. I am so disappointed in John Montgomery I thought he actually had morals and integrity. I was going to vote for John Montgomery. I know John Montgomery some but not real good, but I did think he was a good man. I would never have believed he would have used his cousin Vince Minix, school money and supplies, and worst of all the poor children to help him make campaign signs to win a stupid election. But he did I checked in on this myself, and you check in on it for yourself too, dont take my word for it. I think we need to meet at the next school board meeting and bring this topic up and get to the bottom of it. And furthermore maybe have Frankfort investigate this I am sure it is not only unethical, but also illegal.
Since you are so concerned about morals and integrity, when you contact Frankfort, make sure you ask them to also look into the illegal vote buying that occurs in Magoffin County by John Montgomery's opposition. I am pretty sure that is much worse than "allegedly" making some campaign signs during school hours.
Upset Parent

Salyersville, KY

#5 Oct 10, 2010
I am not very involved in politics, but I do vote most of the time. I just responded to someone that said someone they called " randy and the Brown thug" buying votes for John Montgomery in a county owned building. Is this true also? I was a very strong john Montgomery supporter, I thought Big John was an honest, Christian man, I have been fooled again. Well thats ok he just lost my respect and vote.
get real

Pikeville, KY

#6 Oct 10, 2010
Its obvious that you are on here just to start trouble for Montgomery. Everyone knows that Randy and the Brown work for Doc. You re not fooling anyone. And if the FBI or the Kentucky State Police are monitoring this: GO TO THE COUNTY OFFICES BLD. AND WATCH FOR RANDY STANDING OUT FRONT SOLICITING VOTERS TO COME IN AND VOTE. And shame on You Mike P., You have sat back and watched this and havent said a word...
Mud Flap

Springfield, OH

#7 Oct 10, 2010
get real wrote:
Its obvious that you are on here just to start trouble for Montgomery. Everyone knows that Randy and the Brown work for Doc. You re not fooling anyone. And if the FBI or the Kentucky State Police are monitoring this: GO TO THE COUNTY OFFICES BLD. AND WATCH FOR RANDY STANDING OUT FRONT SOLICITING VOTERS TO COME IN AND VOTE. And shame on You Mike P., You have sat back and watched this and havent said a word...
hi get real,
it dont make no much matter. John got this thing won. feds monitoring will make it honest which means john will win by an even bigger vote. john got this won.
a thought

Georgetown, KY

#8 Oct 10, 2010
Personally, I think politics are very important! However, our children are not sent to school to be making signs for the politicians!! Yes there are worse things our kids could be involved in, however I do not feel it's appropriate for them to be making signs. We all pay the taxes so our children can be prepared for the future when we can no longer be here for them! It doesn't matter to me what kind of signs the kids are being asked to make. Whether I am for or against that politician. It is rediculous...wonder if they are egtting extra credit? lol
joke

Salyersville, KY

#9 Oct 10, 2010
That vocational building is a joke anyways. The school system is at its worst. From my experience and everything that I have saw there maybe two teachers that are fit to be there in that building. All they are worried about is if they look good to the young girls and trying to flirt with them. Its not about learning, its all about test scores and making the teacher look good. Do you have any idea how easy these teachers can cheat to make their test scores look good? Ive seen it.
Understanding

Salyersville, KY

#10 Oct 10, 2010
get real wrote:
I have ask in another post who is Randy and Brown and are they John Montgomery's supporters but I never did get a reply so I assumed they were for John. All I can hear is how John wants a fair election then I read on here about Vince Minix making political signs for the Republicians using school materials and school time and John's family and friends act like it is ok just like everything else that John has done or had a part in. If Dr. Hardin takes a breath of air it is wrong. What is wrong with you people, are you brain washed or brain dead?
Democrat 4 life

Salyersville, KY

#11 Oct 11, 2010
a thought wrote:
Personally, I think politics are very important! However, our children are not sent to school to be making signs for the politicians!! Yes there are worse things our kids could be involved in, however I do not feel it's appropriate for them to be making signs. We all pay the taxes so our children can be prepared for the future when we can no longer be here for them! It doesn't matter to me what kind of signs the kids are being asked to make. Whether I am for or against that politician. It is rediculous...wonder if they are egtting extra credit? lol
I couldnt agree with you more, If this happened, using school property to help a school board member advance their career I bet there are a ll kinds of laws being broken. Since the John Montgomery supporters are wanting the FBI and KSP to monitor this election so close, maybe they can check into this little incident and see if John montgomery signs are being made in the vo-tech building.
who

Paintsville, KY

#12 Oct 11, 2010
Who is this Randy and Brown i have never heard of this before.Need to know what are there full names.
The Equalizer

Springfield, OH

#13 Oct 11, 2010
Democrat 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldnt agree with you more, If this happened, using school property to help a school board member advance their career I bet there are a ll kinds of laws being broken. Since the John Montgomery supporters are wanting the FBI and KSP to monitor this election so close, maybe they can check into this little incident and see if John montgomery signs are being made in the vo-tech building.
To Democrat4Life and Understanding and the so called concerned parents,
I spoke personally to Mr. Minix regarding the libelous allegations against the school system, John Montgomery and the educator Mr. Minix. You and your cohorts have once again been caught on line and in print damaging the reputations of several good people. This too has been added to your list of corrupt and libelous allegations against these very good men. When your computer slows down and freezes, this is the hand of the proper authorities monitoring your lies. Once again, let the platforms speak and stop telling lies. Mr. Minix is a well thought of teacher and citizen. People who admire him are angered by your lies. John Montgomery from our estimates will win this election regardless of the libelous rumors and untruths flowing like poison from what people are calling the corrupt Hardin camp.
knowing

Pikeville, KY

#14 Oct 11, 2010
the only randy that i know hanging at the courthouse is randy salyer. he drives a green jeep, is that the one you are talking about? he has hardin stickers on his vehicle. and the brown drives a gray truck witha back fender missing, he has hardin stickers all over his truck too
Old Faithful

Salyersville, KY

#15 Oct 11, 2010
Upset Parent wrote:
Just another vicious cycle of lies on behalf of desperate Dr. Hardin supporters. As a matter of fact, I do have a child that is in Vince Minix's room. He comes home and tells me all about his day, everyday. I will question him and then I will get back online and tell you what he says. I already know the answer though. Vince Minix is a very dedicated teacher so please, just because the school system is backing john....you should tell no lies.
OhMy

Salyersville, KY

#16 Oct 11, 2010
I find it so funny, that a parent starts a thread about the school system, then all of a sudden were lieing? COME ON, i know half the county aint lieing. Most of the john M supporters are just making john look even worse. So just drop it. Half the freaking board members in magoffin county is nothing but a joke. I mean there all full of crap and we really need new ONES! There destorying Everything.
wondering

Louisa, KY

#17 Oct 11, 2010
OhMy wrote:
I find it so funny, that a parent starts a thread about the school system, then all of a sudden were lieing? COME ON, i know half the county aint lieing. Most of the john M supporters are just making john look even worse. So just drop it. Half the freaking board members in magoffin county is nothing but a joke. I mean there all full of crap and we really need new ONES! There destorying Everything.
Since you think we need new board memebers then why don't you all do something about it instead of trashing everyone's name. You elect the same ones every time the election comes around for board members. I think we also need new officials in office at Salyersville. Such as county judge, magistrates, sheriff, and all the other offices in the BIG town of Salyersville. Salyersville really stinks at this point. We wonder why so many kids stay in trouble and are on drugs!!! Well, WAKE-UP!! There is nothing in SORRSVILLE for kids to do. Its nothing but a sorry town run by incompetent people. We need a bowling alley, theater, a department store, decent grocery stores, you can't even buy a decent pair of shoes in SORRYSVILLE, etc., etc., etc.!!!! Kids need something to do besides park-up and buy and sell drugs. Get the picture!!! Wake up, vote and put new officials in the offices in Salyersville. It's past time for a change. Salyersville is going down the drain along with our young people!!! Is this really what you wnat for your children!!!!
Oh My

Salyersville, KY

#19 Oct 11, 2010
I dont have children, And i went to MCHS and theres really nothing there but DRAMA! lmao seriously We never hardly did anyyhting.. Im just glad i passed and i really dont see how but i did!
mad granny

Salyersville, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2010
The signs are just one of alot of things going on in our school system. My child goes to North Magoffin my child came home asking me to send baked goods to school so that they could auction them off at Bloomington Fire Department! I looked in to it a little more and discovered that the fire chief of Bloomington works there as a janitor and he was asking everyone there to donate something! Now I was told that letters were sent home but I didnt get one.If that is true he used the schools resources to do this! I may be wrong but dont ever fire department get money from the state for things they need?If they do where is his money going? Our tax dollars hard at work people!
yea

Louisa, KY

#21 Oct 12, 2010
im a student in vinces room and the signs were made that is a electricity room but we never hardly work with anything but anyways the signs were made cause i helped make them i would know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Bailey 31 min Agreed 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Athenesword 151,876
renee francis (Sep '10) 1 hr Entertainment 37
Brittany Howard 1 hr Entertainment 7
John Blanton or John Short 3 hr HomeTeam 6
Mayor and City Council Wasting City funds 4 hr lol 23
Jennifer williams 5 hr LMFAO 20

Salyersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salyersville Mortgages