Georgia Girl

United States

#1 Dec 24, 2012
I wonder how many people out there today doing their last min. shopping is going to pick up a little something extra just to turn around and hand it to a complete stranger along with the statement Merry Christmas? I know I am, because I love that look in their eyes of confusion and appreciation, that smile on their face.But most of all, I love the way it makes me feel. I hope everyone will join me.
Merry Christmas everybody and God Bless!
kentucky girl

Adams, KY

#2 Dec 26, 2012
I didn't read this until after Christmas but think it's a wonderful idea. Every year at christmas people love to visit the nursing homes and give a gift to the patients and this is good. But what about the other 364 days where they sit looking at their door hoping someone will come in and speak to them.? Think about it. And what about making a donation to the Senior Citizens Center downtown so the ladies don't have to worry if they will have a place to come if the government cuts their budget again? these are people we know and love and just a few dollars a month donated will make a huge difference.
Georgia Girl

Canton, OH

#3 Dec 27, 2012
I agree with you 100%. When my kids were pre-teen to teenagers they would visit these places with the church for really no reason other than to make the people there feel good and to let them know somebody still cares. They would take them fruit and sing songs, and put on a liitle play for them. These little old people were like kids themselves.If only 1 person even a child stood out beside the road or in a parking lot supervised of course, selling lemonade, hot coco, or anyhing for that matter right out of the blue, with the intentions of all monies going to the nursing homes or someone in need,I bet people would be really surprised of how much would be sold, and for a good cause such as that would make it that much sweeter. And if the media heard about it, boy what a sight in that little persons eyes that would be.easily Let's face it,when it comes to kids most all of us have a soft spot. I'm sure it would really work out well. Maybe someone will take these idea's and run with them and make them happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
little Caesars 2 hr Hmmmm 8
Amanda Peters 2 hr Sacha 31
Nikki Howard? Used to be married to dustin Allen? 3 hr pathetic 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Lorilou 158,012
Angie Helton 7 hr Bill 2
Anybody know chad Howard? 7 hr Kenny 9
Looking Tue Donald 1

Salyersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salyersville Mortgages