What do you think of our basketball coach??

Posted in the Salyersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Told u so

Paintsville, KY

#1 Dec 27, 2012
I think he's a joke!!!
middle school

Natick, MA

#3 Dec 28, 2012
If there is not enough high schoolers on the team that are good enough to win then they should be on the bench. At least they r still on the team. Find a new job for them... like hosting a pasta dinner at their house before a big game. It's about team spirit and winning!
former fan

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2012
Robbie could play but he is as dumb as a box of rocks! Robbie was a terrible choice for coach, Nehi was a joke aswell but robbie was a down grade! Like him or not i think pup miller should have a shot!!!
I dont care but

Louisa, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text> If Robbie would go the job correctly, all boys would have a shot at playing every game.
What basketball, or any other sports team as a matter of fact, have you ever seen where that happens? Just becuase your kids wants to play...or you are living out a fantasy through him/her, does not mean they are talented...most kids are pretty mediocre at most everything....very few truly shine!
Oh really

Salyersville, KY

#7 Jan 3, 2013
I dont care but wrote:
<quoted text>What basketball, or any other sports team as a matter of fact, have you ever seen where that happens? Just becuase your kids wants to play...or you are living out a fantasy through him/her, does not mean they are talented...most kids are pretty mediocre at most everything....very few truly shine!
Well let me set a few things straight with you....,I do not have a child that plays basketball. And second if all, I have lived my life, I do not feel the need to try to live through my children. You are right, only a few are great athletes and his son unfortunately is not one of them. Again, kids needs to play at their school level and not above. If our school system and teachers worried as much about our kids education as most people do basketball, we would be a top notch school system. Now, I am truly dirty that I have obviously struck a nerve with you, but I have a right to voice my opinion. Like it or not because I have nothing good to say about your child playing basketball, that's the way it is. Middle schoolers need to play middle school basketball and let the high schoolers do their job. With that being said, I guess I'll have to get back to my fantasy world and help my children with school work while you pretend that you have the best basketball player out there lmao. Good luck with that one!
Logically speaking

Sitka, KY

#8 Jan 3, 2013
I think it's funny that no one got on here complaining about middle school females playing last year when they went to the all a classic and the state tournament. People are making such a big deal over this because it's his son. He may not be the very best ball player ever, but you certainly can't say he can't play. I have overheard people from other counties talk about what a good player he is! Jealousy is a big greened eyed monster and it may just jump up and bite you in the butt someday!
Logically speaking

Sitka, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me set a few things straight with you....,I do not have a child that plays basketball. And second if all, I have lived my life, I do not feel the need to try to live through my children. You are right, only a few are great athletes and his son unfortunately is not one of them. Again, kids needs to play at their school level and not above. If our school system and teachers worried as much about our kids education as most people do basketball, we would be a top notch school system. Now, I am truly dirty that I have obviously struck a nerve with you, but I have a right to voice my opinion. Like it or not because I have nothing good to say about your child playing basketball, that's the way it is. Middle schoolers need to play middle school basketball and let the high schoolers do their job. With that being said, I guess I'll have to get back to my fantasy world and help my children with school work while you pretend that you have the best basketball player out there lmao. Good luck with that one!
Why do you really care if you don't have a horse in the race?
Pittyfull

Paintsville, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
I've been to some of the games and let me tell you something if Robbie Russell talked to my kid like he talks to some of them expecilly one that he has no reason what so ever to say any thing to and I'm sure if u go to the games you kno who I'm talking about.. I would wipe the floor with him..Robbie is nothing but a pice of shit that makes sure he makes Jeff lovely happy and hisself but I got news for him he needs to step down and let someone coach these boys that knows how..
Out of control

Paintsville, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2013
I kno who your talking about and it's sad to see that kid talked too by Robbie not only to his face but to the other coaches on the bench it can't be all his fault every time someone messes up..
lol

Salyersville, KY

#12 Jan 5, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its sad you say you have noone playin and we all know who you are and to be jealous of his child just because yours don't play. You can talk about the coach but leave his son out of it. If you watched a game please tell us all knowing who should play in his postion because since you have nothin in it I'm sure you know.
lol

Salyersville, KY

#13 Jan 5, 2013
I think they need to start a pee wee basketball league with equal playin time maybe then you will be happy and not feel the urge to get on here and talk about a little boy.
shameful

Salyersville, KY

#14 Jan 5, 2013
I think its awful people are on here talking about a little boy. I'm embarrassed for you. You owe this child a apology.
Art Mahaffey

Lehigh Acres, FL

#15 Jan 6, 2013
They lost a great coach, boys or girls , when Miller stepped down .
crazy

Salyersville, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2013
you all crazy. pup was fair coach but to say great is crazy, and takes away from fact that he has great players. No comparison between boys and girls sports, and magoffin Girls are at top of Region, including this year, with the Great One. The boys programs, basketball, baseball, football etc. are all bad. Just look at thier records. that not just this year, try the past 10 years. As far as the Kid getting yelled, apparently none of you ever heard Mr. West of coach Adams yell at a kid.
Fof

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jan 9, 2013
Jason Arnett should be the head coach.
Greg

Corbin, KY

#19 Jan 9, 2013
Why is pup not coaching this year? I know he was deserving to continue after making state tourney last year. Who was against him?
Hornet fan

Wheelwright, KY

#20 Jan 9, 2013
No one. Coach miller decided to step down, then he took boys baseball job after coach dials wentvtovwork in Johnson county. It was coach miller choice told his player he needed a break from basketball.
Ball Fan

Paintsville, KY

#21 Jan 9, 2013
In the history of Magoffin co the people involved with basketball have allows ben more concerned with personal,political,and finical gains rather than the good of the team.Why then do people get so bother by the fact that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. WHAT DID U EXPECT!!!!!!!
Greg

Corbin, KY

#22 Jan 9, 2013
The last comments leads one to think there was more to the resignation then. I didn't remember seeing about it earlier
Well Said

Salyersville, KY

#23 Jan 9, 2013
Commenting on "Magoffin" ..Your comment is right on the money! The only time parents will take an interest in sports or anything else, is when their child is involved. We have had many good basketball players from this county,certainly better than the present time. I hate to say we are not working with no Michael Jordan, contrary to what some "Dad's" might think. Just because they played basketball in the past and were so-so does not mean that they can make a Kentucky Wildcat. They need to let all children have the opportunity to play, who knows a "great unknown" night come out of Magoffin yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min aWitchintheWoods 137,850
arcadia 2 hr lol 14
Danielle Michelle slusher 2 hr True 18
Magoffin Reported Election Corruption Makes Fox... 5 hr Phil 174
Tina Bailey 9 hr knows 2
Love thy neighbor 9 hr True 2
wondering 10 hr wondering 1
More from around the web

Salyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]