Since: Dec 08

Staffordsville, KY

#1 Dec 23, 2008
I think it is a great place to live, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Byesville, OH

#2 Dec 23, 2008
You're saying if you were given the opportunity to move ANYWHERE else ... with no cost to you, you wouldn't take it?

Staffordsville, KY

#3 Dec 23, 2008
Yes that is exactly what I am saying this has been my home all of my life. All my family is here everyone here isn't bad there is alot of great people. I grant you there is nothing to do here that you have to go to other counties, I wouldn't live in a big city no where sorry that is just how I feel
Rounder

Hagerhill, KY

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Round and Round Here We Go

It is the same circle of people that is on ALL these TOPICS. Get over it, no decent person wants to have a conversation with you people!!!!!!!

Byesville, OH

#5 Dec 23, 2008
I didn't ask about moving to a big city. I just said would you move if given the opportunity and of course no cost to you. Even to a small city. Some people are happy here and I'm glad to hear that.
Royalton Gal

Salyersville, KY

#6 Dec 24, 2008
Rounder wrote:
Round and Round Here We Go
It is the same circle of people that is on ALL these TOPICS. Get over it, no decent person wants to have a conversation with you people!!!!!!!
Excuse me--we are decent people. And if you don't consider us decent, then quit being a nosey-ass and stop reading our posts! So you're saying no decent person wants to have a conversation with us, but they sure as hell love to read what we have to say! Get a life, and leave us good ol' country people alone! You can't stand it because we don't want to have conversation with you!

Staffordsville, KY

#7 Dec 24, 2008
Yes I am saying I love where I live I wouldn't move to a big city or another little city. I know alot of people leave because they want to but I don't want to I love being where I am.
Royalton Gal

Paintsville, KY

#8 Dec 26, 2008
magoffin_lady wrote:
Yes I am saying I love where I live I wouldn't move to a big city or another little city. I know alot of people leave because they want to but I don't want to I love being where I am.
I have to say I totally agree with you, magoffin_lady. I know there are a lot of things that go on in Magoffin County that may not be what some people consider right, but that goes on in all parts of the world! When you get right down to it, I am happy right where I am!

United States

#9 Dec 26, 2008
Yeah, I have to admit I wouldn't leave this ole place either. Ive been here a many years and I couldn't see myself living anywhere but Salyersville. It's just home, regardless of how bad things get. I do not like many of things going on today, but I keep my distance. As long as it doesn't affect me, or my family, Then I'll be here til I die!
curious lady

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Do you know anything else about him.

“grow organic”

Since: Jan 09

Magoffin

#11 Jan 9, 2009
magoffin_lady wrote:
I think it is a great place to live, I wouldn't live anywhere else.
I'm with you. I'd like to stay here the rest of life if I can.

“it sucks to be you!”

Kimper, KY

#12 Jan 9, 2009
I grew up in Pike County, but moved to Salyersville for work. (Yes I said work. I had a state job there.) But for personal reasons I had to transfer. My hubby is from there. With time, I want to move back there. Magoffin gets a bad rap. Yeah, it is a small county, and I think that is the problem. Because it is small, everyone knows more about everyone than in the bigger counties, and things are noticed more in a small county. I loved living there, loved most of the people, and loved where I lived at. I can't wait to get back there to some of the best friends I ever had.
Abhorrence

Salyersville, KY

#13 Jan 9, 2009
i'd rather be some place where im not a big fish.. i like to be a small fish in a big tank in most scenarios,, but sometimes i like being a big fish in a small tank.

“it sucks to be you!”

Kimper, KY

#14 Jan 9, 2009
Abhorrence wrote:
i'd rather be some place where im not a big fish.. i like to be a small fish in a big tank in most scenarios,, but sometimes i like being a big fish in a small tank.
LOL...that is one way to put it....
Joe

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 20, 2017
I hate magoffin county if I could sell I would leave this county it seems like nobody has anything to say good about anybody anymore and we don't have a sheriff that will not put people in jail that need to be in and people who can't get nothing done with the theives and dope dealers that way I hate magoffin and you can't even have a fair elections with out someone buying votes and there a lot of crooks in office in magoffin county when they want your vote they speak when the election not going on they don't know you and back stab you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 Prom 7 min Idiots for Neighbors 15
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Ren 174,864
Johnny sizemore (May '17) 1 hr Bubbles 5
Carter will be our next Judge 8 hr Kat fan 30
Who is the best woman in bed that you’ve had? 8 hr Harold 3
Christianity is for cowards 16 hr Christian Soldier 40
Gary Simpkins the best choice for Magoffin 16 hr Ky girl 9
top 5 ladys men from the past in salyersville (Feb '11) 22 hr Jacob 199

Salyersville Jobs

Personal Finance