West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

Check out the last two obits posted by Magoffin Co. Funeral Home. Mr. Cheek and Mr. Allen are listed as "formally" of Magoffin County! I think it should read "formerly." Maybe they should hire someone to write their obits. Also, why capitalize "One Son," or "Two Daughters," etc. One should only capitalize if it is a name. Paul, you can do better.
friend

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

mojo wrote:
Check out the last two obits posted by Magoffin Co. Funeral Home. Mr. Cheek and Mr. Allen are listed as "formally" of Magoffin County! I think it should read "formerly." Maybe they should hire someone to write their obits. Also, why capitalize "One Son," or "Two Daughters," etc. One should only capitalize if it is a name. Paul, you can do better.
It's hard to find good help with a Phd in spelling!!! Get a life...
OMG

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

http://www.magoffincountyfuneralhome.com/fh/o...

They never mentioned that otis was married neaither.I knew that family very well.saddens me. R.I.P Otis Trusty
Winter Snow

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

I will miss hearing Otis playing his guitar and
singing 'Lonely Tombs'. He was already gone and
buried before I even knew he had died. I get TV
cable from Foothills and they don't have a local
channel for Magoffin like Howard's Cable does.
It is pitiful that Foothills can run their cable
in so many places in this county and not provide
a local channel for Magoffin. Howard's cable does
not give good reception on higher channels where
I live. I guess I could use the local radio, but
it is so boring I hardly ever turn the thing on.
So sad to hear about Otis.
some people

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

U are just mad because they done buried 137 this year .WOW wonder what the other one has done .I'd say less than 40 to be on the safe side .This is no place to sling mud .So if u got something to say tell them .A person got the right to chose but there is no choice I'm going to be took to Magoffin County Funeral Home period .
Say What

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

some people wrote:
U are just mad because they done buried 137 this year .WOW wonder what the other one has done .I'd say less than 40 to be on the safe side .This is no place to sling mud .So if u got something to say tell them .A person got the right to chose but there is no choice I'm going to be took to Magoffin County Funeral Home period .
I have had loved ones in both funeral homes in Salyersville.
My parents were taken care of in Magoffin County Funeral Home,
I have had several cousins and good friends taken care of by
Salyersville Funeral Home...either and both funeral homes treated
our families with the greatest of respect and offered whatever
comforts they could provide to help ease our pain. As far as
getting mad over which funeral home someone uses is childish,
the pain of losing a loved one has no room for such. I know
Paul and Herman both and I think of either of them as very
fine people.
some people

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Its like shoping for a car .If u want the best go to Magoffin and the prices .Well u get what u pay for .My money always went farther at Magoffin so thats were I'm going .If I got family or friends go to Magoffin .
xoxoxoxo

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

I think That Paul and John paul are the greatest for the business.I no they won't walk the floor looking in to see if everyone is following suit like a bunch of kids .They turn it over to u in the time of need .They are not worried if it glean or what .They are the best .now city slicker take that .U only get what u pay 4 .I had Paul to nock of because he likes u .Did or would u get it across the road no I no for a fact .
daughter

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

some people wrote:
maybe you are talking in the business prospect of it but i'd rather see less families in the funeral home. its kind of sad you are comparing the number of dead bodes each funeral home buries. a spelling error can bring out so much of the bad in some people, lol.
martin

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

some people wrote:
Its like shoping for a car .If u want the best go to Magoffin and the prices .Well u get what u pay for .My money always went farther at Magoffin so thats were I'm going .If I got family or friends go to Magoffin .
WTF!! All of you have missed the point of the first post! They were talking about the spelling mistakes in two consecutive obituaries, nothing else! No matter what funeral home, they should know the difference between "formally" and "formerly." Period. The whole point. If you cannot write an obituary correctly, hire someone that can.
Okay

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

With all of his comment, except the "WTF" part,
by doggies, I think 'martin' is right!
wow

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

as far as obits go, the person planning the funeral tells them what to write. they take care of the dead why not show some respect? my dad just passed, and they did some things that nnoyed me, but someone had to ready him.
brooke

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

wow wrote:
as far as obits go, the person planning the funeral tells them what to write. they take care of the dead why not show some respect? my dad just passed, and they did some things that nnoyed me, but someone had to ready him.
Please see "okay's" post about Martin. You too are missing the whole point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Salyersville Forum right now

Search the Salyersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min LMS 127,935
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min LMS 144,840
what dose ppl think of betty's pizza? 54 min feeling run over 2
Jaybugs 2 hr Oh yeah 12
who knows Crystal Bayes? 2 hr just wanting to know!! 1
pissed 5 hr Tina Brown 9
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Anne 52 81,549
•••
•••
•••
•••

Salyersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000