Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,206

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
cernunnos

Williamsburg, KY

#92536 Dec 11, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine that will focus on human limb regeneration.
Limb regeneration doesn't mean growing arms and legs in test tubes; instead, it means that a person would actually regrow a limb. Scientific evidence indicates that humans have the potential for limb regeneration in our genes, but those genes are dormant in our bodies [source: Kotulak]. Human embryos, for instance, can regrow limb buds in the womb [source: Muneoka, Han and Gardiner]. And a man in Cincinnati, Ohio, regrew a fingertip after accidentally slicing it off in 2005.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/rept...
the "potential" has always existed but it took a shift in consciousness to grasp it.

black box theory. you got to think outside the box in infinite space.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92537 Dec 11, 2012
cernunnos wrote:
<quoted text>the "potential" has always existed but it took a shift in consciousness to grasp it.
black box theory. you got to think outside the box in infinite space.
"Mays's Axiom's 1) There are no infinities... are but illusion that occurs when mathematical constructs fail due to scale..."
naas

Williamsburg, KY

#92538 Dec 11, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mays's Axiom's 1) There are no infinities... are but illusion that occurs when mathematical constructs fail due to scale..."
fail due to scale. you can't measure what you can't control.

what you measure will be measured to you.

schrodinger thought paradox

http://everythingforever.com/

infinite in the light of understanding

all created things are finite but not all things are uncreated equally

London, KY

#92539 Dec 11, 2012
naas wrote:
<quoted text>fail due to scale. you can't measure what you can't control.
what you measure will be measured to you.
schrodinger thought paradox
http://everythingforever.com/
infinite in the light of understanding
all created things are finite but not all things are uncreated equally
Mays's Axioms 2) There are no paradox's ... Are but a mental construct in the absence of all known rules....
ouroboros

Williamsburg, KY

#92540 Dec 11, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mays's Axioms 2) There are no paradox's ... Are but a mental construct in the absence of all known rules....
mays' axioms 2) there are no paradoxes. are but a mental? construct(manifestation) in the absence of all known rules....

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing --"

einstein

a fool says in his heart there is no god.

the fool inherits the kingdom

mind is everything what you assimilate is how you actuate

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/the-...

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92541 Dec 11, 2012
Only a fool would think the heart does anything besides pumps blood, the heart is made from muscle tissue, muscle tissue is made from cells, and cells are formed from elements. The heart does not think or have emotional responces it merely acts as a pump to push blood through the body including the human brain where god was created and fools think it(god) is real.

London, KY

#92542 Dec 11, 2012
ouroboros wrote:
<quoted text>mays' axioms 2) there are no paradoxes. are but a mental? construct(manifestation) in the absence of all known rules....
"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing --"
einstein
a fool says in his heart there is no god.
the fool inherits the kingdom
mind is everything what you assimilate is how you actuate
http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/the-...
Don't go changing my Writing and Axioms... Especially when you do so using a Completely Incorrect term... Mental Construct is not a Manifestation... A Mental Construct is a concept that is formed in the mind from assorted observed and considered sources.. Internal to the Individual... A Manifestation is a external event to which the mind perceives...

You see a Ghost .. Manifestation... You Think you see a Ghost that never existed in the first place... Mental Construct...

London, KY

#92543 Dec 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Only a fool would think the heart does anything besides pumps blood, the heart is made from muscle tissue, muscle tissue is made from cells, and cells are formed from elements. The heart does not think or have emotional responces it merely acts as a pump to push blood through the body including the human brain where god was created and fools think it(god) is real.

Yup... Wonder what he thinks of the folks with artificial hearts running around... I guess they are just heartless people...
coi coi vilu

Williamsburg, KY

#92544 Dec 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
the heart does more than just pump blood. it is the conveyor of h2o, oxygen, carbon dioxide, et al. stress; whether real or imagined can cause a release of hormones; which directly effects the heart and reacts accordingly. so emotions; whether real, or imagined, can and does respond to emotions. even studies of practitioners in meditation have shown direct mind connections to body processes.

so your premise is inaccurate

London, KY

#92545 Dec 11, 2012
coi coi vilu wrote:
<quoted text>the heart does more than just pump blood. it is the conveyor of h2o, oxygen, carbon dioxide, et al. stress; whether real or imagined can cause a release of hormones; which directly effects the heart and reacts accordingly. so emotions; whether real, or imagined, can and does respond to emotions. even studies of practitioners in meditation have shown direct mind connections to body processes.
As he said... The Heart pumps blood... Blood does all that other stuff....
serpentarius

Williamsburg, KY

#92546 Dec 11, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go changing my Writing and Axioms... Especially when you do so using a Completely Incorrect term... Mental Construct is not a Manifestation... A Mental Construct is a concept that is formed in the mind from assorted observed and considered sources.. Internal to the Individual... A Manifestation is a external event to which the mind perceives...
You see a Ghost .. Manifestation... You Think you see a Ghost that never existed in the first place... Mental Construct...
a mental concept/construct is manifested when printed/impressed; whether as a blue print, symbolically or expressed literally in a form.

in every day usage, language isn't an exclusive western scientific axiom.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92547 Dec 11, 2012
coi coi vilu wrote:
<quoted text>the heart does more than just pump blood. it is the conveyor of h2o, oxygen, carbon dioxide, et al. stress; whether real or imagined can cause a release of hormones; which directly effects the heart and reacts accordingly. so emotions; whether real, or imagined, can and does respond to emotions. even studies of practitioners in meditation have shown direct mind connections to body processes.
The digestive tract is the blood's source of H20, the lungs are the source of oxygen and dispense carbon dioxide. There are no glands in the heart to inject hormones and no synapses within it responsible for feelings of joy or sadness. The heart is not the source of its own rate, it responds to the body's demands. Simply put, emotions are caused by chemical transmitters and neural patterns.

London, KY

#92548 Dec 11, 2012
serpentarius wrote:
<quoted text>a mental concept/construct is manifested when printed/impressed; whether as a blue print, symbolically or expressed literally in a form.
in every day usage, language isn't an exclusive western scientific axiom.
My Axioms are....
chnuphis

Williamsburg, KY

#92549 Dec 11, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The digestive tract is the blood's source of H20, the lungs are the source of oxygen and dispense carbon dioxide. There are no glands in the heart to inject hormones and no synapses within it responsible for feelings of joy or sadness. The heart is not the source of its own rate, it responds to the body's demands. Simply put, emotions are caused by chemical transmitters and neural patterns.
no one but you are using the word "source"; none of these organs function independent of each other.

what you call a heart is actually 70%+ h20 by volume, works based on the para-sympathetic nervous system which is associated with the unconscious, moves mostly 92% water along with red blood cells, white blood cells, nutrients, oxygen, waste, and et al, and works

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/auto.ht...

"However, some people can be trained to control some functions of the ANS such as heart rate or blood pressure."

“There is no god.”

USA

#92550 Dec 11, 2012
Lmao, "premise" do all religies denie facts. Fact, not premise, the heart is a muscle that pushes blood it does not think or believe nor does god control your body through it. Put the christian biology book away and face reality. I suggest you religies read this to get a basic understanding of what the heart really does in the real world,

http://www.mplsheartfoundation.org/kids/letsL...

I know some of you religies still will not understand, but if I can help just one of you idiots the world will be better for it.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92551 Dec 11, 2012
chnuphis wrote:
<quoted text>no one but you are using the word "source"; none of these organs function independent of each other.
what you call a heart is actually 70%+ h20 by volume, works based on the para-sympathetic nervous system which is associated with the unconscious, moves mostly 92% water along with red blood cells, white blood cells, nutrients, oxygen, waste, and et al, and works
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/auto.ht...
"However, some people can be trained to control some functions of the ANS such as heart rate or blood pressure."
piffle. What are you arguing? An anatomical description of the human body and its interactions does not in any way indicate that the heart is a source/root/progenitor of emotion. Certainly, there are conscious techniques that can alter heart rate and thus, blood pressure - that is not at all contrary to anything I've written.
kneph

Williamsburg, KY

#92552 Dec 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, "premise" do all religies denie facts. Fact, not premise, the heart is a muscle that pushes blood it does not think or believe nor does god control your body through it. Put the christian biology book away and face reality. I suggest you religies read this to get a basic understanding of what the heart really does in the real world,
http://www.mplsheartfoundation.org/kids/letsL...
I know some of you religies still will not understand, but if I can help just one of you idiots the world will be better for it.
you religies are posting your beliefs all over the place.

you say it doesn't think but that doesn't preclude it's state of consciousness. to lack self awareness doesn't preclude lack of intelligence in order for something to function; especially when a religie believes that thoughts are nothing more than electrical impulses; which is what the heart is driven upon.
niohoggr

Williamsburg, KY

#92553 Dec 11, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
piffle. What are you arguing? An anatomical description of the human body and its interactions does not in any way indicate that the heart is a source/root/progenitor of emotion. Certainly, there are conscious techniques that can alter heart rate and thus, blood pressure - that is not at all contrary to anything I've written.
never said it was an originator/progenator of emotion. i stated it isn't simply a pump, or a muscle, and it has a state of consciousness.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92554 Dec 11, 2012
I know one religie the link did not help, must be a lack of "consciousness".
ahura mazda

Williamsburg, KY

#92555 Dec 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
I know one religie the link did not help, must be a lack of "consciousness".
transference of belief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any one else's stomach turn looking at these girls 31 min Billy Cyfrenhose 5
Jo Jo 47 min yep 4
heard Doc was arrested 1 hr wondering 22
Beanie 1 hr Uh huh 3
Sexiest men at the gym (Jun '14) 3 hr Freddy 30
City Pizza 3 hr I Know Right 5
Chad Williams 4 hr voter 4
Salyersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web