Salyersville Independent
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hornet 84

Manchester, KY

#1 Mar 31, 2013
heard a very disturbing story this week regarding a shady business deal a few yrs ago about the newspaper. I cannot believe such an 'upstanding' citizen would do something like that. wow. where are peoples morals and just doing 'whats right'?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 31, 2013
So what kind of shady deal is this? You brought it hope, so I'm guessing you planned on telling us eventually anyway, so go ahead, spill the beans,:-)
hornet 84

London, KY

#3 Mar 31, 2013
I wish Tim Bostic still ran it. i loved his commentaries annd stuff he wrote about his family.
they print lies

Dwale, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2013
hornet 84 wrote:
heard a very disturbing story this week regarding a shady business deal a few yrs ago about the newspaper. I cannot believe such an 'upstanding' citizen would do something like that. wow. where are peoples morals and just doing 'whats right'?
they have no morals there. they print lies about people. money can buy lies there and they will print them. if you don't vote for the candidate of their choice they will print lies about you. doesn't the Dad of one of the co-owners sit on the election board? i think he lives up Helton branch and will do anything to get his candidate elected for fringed benefits for him and his family from the candidate, when the candidate is elected.
generation gap

Sheridan, AR

#5 Apr 1, 2013
I heard the previous owner bought it off Tim Bostic but never paid him for it. That man spent 30yrs of his heart and soul in that paper to have it taken and never got anything out of it due to some supposed loophole . I mean what kind of man would do that to a man with a family to support? If I was his family I believe I would be pursuing legal advice before the statute of llimitations run out. Very sad. Just a rumor I heard but if its true whoever had it before and sold it to the new owner should be ashamed .
Dumbleroyismosma rter

Higginsville, MO

#6 Apr 2, 2013
hornet 84 wrote:
heard a very disturbing story this week regarding a shady business deal a few yrs ago about the newspaper. I cannot believe such an 'upstanding' citizen would do something like that. wow. where are peoples morals and just doing 'whats right'?
Blah blah blah. Do you have any evidence to substanciate you claim? Where are your morals you old gossiping fat woman ?
generation gap

Sheridan, AR

#7 Apr 2, 2013
Dumbleroyismosmarter wrote:
<quoted text> Blah blah blah. Do you have any evidence to substanciate you claim? Where are your morals you old gossiping fat woman ?
. I'm a man. And a lawyer.
hornet 84

Sheridan, AR

#8 Apr 2, 2013
generation gap wrote:
<quoted text>. I'm a man. And a lawyer.
. I think he/she was talking to me. Lol. But I'm a man too. Not a lawyer but still educated.
Dumb Leroy

Higginsville, MO

#9 Apr 2, 2013
generation gap wrote:
<quoted text>. I'm a man. And a lawyer.
You're about a dumba$$ Mr. Lawyer do you know how this works. You have to know who is replying to your post. Then you reply back.
Armed soldier

Mclean, VA

#10 Apr 2, 2013
Dumb Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>You're about a dumba$$ Mr. Lawyer do you know how this works. You have to know who is replying to your post. Then you reply back.
Heard a tornado went through the town and did 500.00 worth of damage
Kaufman

Somerset, KY

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Dumb Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>You're about a dumba$$ Mr. Lawyer do you know how this works. You have to know who is replying to your post. Then you reply back.
. Apparently the person you are insulting doesn't waste their time replying to the ignorant ramblings of someone such as yourself. You might want to get some anger management help, not all are experts on this pathetic website you seem to know so much about.
omg

Dwale, KY

#12 Apr 4, 2013
generation gap wrote:
I heard the previous owner bought it off Tim Bostic but never paid him for it. That man spent 30yrs of his heart and soul in that paper to have it taken and never got anything out of it due to some supposed loophole . I mean what kind of man would do that to a man with a family to support? If I was his family I believe I would be pursuing legal advice before the statute of llimitations run out. Very sad. Just a rumor I heard but if its true whoever had it before and sold it to the new owner should be ashamed .
They certainly should be ashamed! Tim Bostic was a Good man. I wished he still owned the independent. Who cheated Mr.Bostic out of his money? He should have known to get paid in Full, before he signed it over. He did not deserve to be treated that way.
Please

Ivel, KY

#13 Apr 5, 2013
You people are sad. Bostic never had anything stolen from him. As a matter of fact it was quite to the contrary. David Prater is a good hard working honest businessman.
donald laf

Columbus, IN

#14 Apr 5, 2013
Please wrote:
You people are sad. Bostic never had anything stolen from him. As a matter of fact it was quite to the contrary. David Prater is a good hard working honest businessman.
. If he is so honest, then why didn't Mr. Bostic see a dime out of the sale? That man put 30yrs in that paper and loved his community only to be screwed over. Get your facts straight. I live in Salyersville for 50yrs and its sad he gave so much to the community to be left with NOTHING.
omg

Dwale, KY

#15 Apr 5, 2013
donald laf wrote:
<quoted text>. If he is so honest, then why didn't Mr. Bostic see a dime out of the sale? That man put 30yrs in that paper and loved his community only to be screwed over. Get your facts straight. I live in Salyersville for 50yrs and its sad he gave so much to the community to be left with NOTHING.
So True! What a Low-Life, to cheat a good man like Tim Bostic out of his life's work and Savings! How does this Prater guy sleep at night?
Who cares

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Apr 5, 2013
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
So True! What a Low-Life, to cheat a good man like Tim Bostic out of his life's work and Savings! How does this Prater guy sleep at night?
Quit whinin start thinkin bout them horses on RT30
Sunny

United States

#17 Apr 5, 2013
Why has it taken so long for this story to become public knowledge? Even if they did find a loophole, he should have received some form of payment. The Independant was an already established paper with a following. I hate to hear this....
Fast and furious

Anonymous Proxy

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Sunny wrote:
Why has it taken so long for this story to become public knowledge? Even if they did find a loophole, he should have received some form of payment. The Independant was an already established paper with a following. I hate to hear this....
Don't believe any of it . It's all lies. Everyone on here is a liar
Scots-Irish

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Apr 5, 2013
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit whinin start thinkin bout them horses on RT30
Stay out of my email.
donald laf

London, KY

#20 Apr 5, 2013
Fast and furious wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe any of it . It's all lies. Everyone on here is a liar
. Zero dollars. And I'm no pinnochio. If I was the family, I would sue. Mr. Bostic is getting older and from what i heard in poor health. and I'm sure his retirement isn't much. So sad, work all his life, raise 9 kids and have his security ripped from him by someone who apparently doesn't know how to do the moral and ethical thing. If this man is any Christian at all his conscious would have to bother him. His kids should pursue this, I know I would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hottiest Gas Man (Feb '11) 9 min Curioustoo41501 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 141,225
Good men? 2 hr Your funny 3
What happened to Tony Fletcher? 3 hr Wondering 3
Brittany Bailey 6 hr Family 3
Jamie Fletcher 15 hr Family 5
the biggest mistake i ever made 16 hr no more messages 18
More from around the web

Salyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Salyersville Mortgages