First Prev
of 3
Next Last
iris autrey

Shreveport, LA

#43 Mar 4, 2012
Have a dear dear friend in Salyerville did get a few words in on phone before they went dead i suppose , I know you survived physically but wonder about your trailer and your personal things, East Maple street in Salyersville , anyone know if that area was destroyed you are all in my prayeres and God Bless you all ,

Since: Nov 11

Wittensville, KY

#44 Mar 4, 2012
Maple is fine. It was ONLY the parkway hit
not leveled

Henderson, KY

#45 Mar 4, 2012
Janet wrote:
I just talked to my niece on facebook. She said McDonalds, Hotel, and Health Dept was damaged. The rest were leveled. She said half of downtown was leveled. She hadn't heard of any deaths. She said the parkway looked like a war zone.
Downtown was not damaged. I was there yesterday and drove through there. Like someone said before. The bottom after you first come into salyersville...on the left...is wiped out pretty much.
The schools took some damage but wern't leveled by anyone's estimation. The houses and things up on the hill, above the bottom, were heavily damaged, "Teen Scene" building area. Most of the businesses along 114 were heavily damaged and most of them look like they need bulldozed. The Mcdonalds is damaged, looks like mostly the windows were blown out though. DQ was not that bad compared to most. It is a mess all in all though. Debris everywhere, insulation stuck in the trees, power lines downed.
DOWNTOWN AREA IS FINE. Anybody that says otherwise is miss-informed. When I say "downtown" I mean the area with the older buildings, courthouse, log cabins, super america, is fine.
Salyersville Resident

Chesterfield, MO

#46 Mar 4, 2012
DHP Ambulance wrote:
I heard that DHP Ambulance took a direct hit? Can anyone confirm this?
Yes its destroyed
Mae

Cincinnati, OH

#47 Mar 4, 2012
Worried wrote:
I have heard two conflicting stories about a possible fatality in Magoffin County. A friend told me that according to the DRUDGE report one fatality was reported in Magoffin. On another post, I read that a local reporter announced that there had been no fatalities in Magoffin, but some injuries. Does anyone have a clue when the phone and electric service will be restored? Let's all pray that our people come out of this weather situation safe. May God have mercy on everyone.
I have relatives in Salyersville. Just heard today it would be two (2) weeks before they would get service to their land line phone.
Poppy

Salyersville, KY

#48 Mar 4, 2012
Well just passed by the high school going down 7 an top of hill was hit hard .I have also heard by a Lot their was 2 dead all I know it hit hardest on parkway ,
Melissa Montgomery

Louisa, KY

#49 Mar 6, 2012
Janet wrote:
I just talked to my niece on facebook. She said McDonalds, Hotel, and Health Dept was damaged. The rest were leveled. She said half of downtown was leveled. She hadn't heard of any deaths. She said the parkway looked like a war zone.
Downtown was not touched...It took out almost everything up where the schools are and from the red lights on the parkway all the way up to around where save-a-lot is the only building that really didn't suffer major damage was Dairy Queen and Lee's everything else is pretty much gone or just simply beyond repair.
Melissa Montgomery

Louisa, KY

#50 Mar 6, 2012
Poppy wrote:
Well just passed by the high school going down 7 an top of hill was hit hard .I have also heard by a Lot their was 2 dead all I know it hit hardest on parkway ,
No death's in Magoffin....and that's amazing considering the damage....God was with us for sure.
FYI

Harold, KY

#51 Mar 6, 2012
Cow Creek hit, Down & Around on Middle Fork hit, Bentley Rd hit, Rockhouse hit, College Heights hit, Sugar Camp in Dixie hit, Mtn Pkwy hit, soooo many places.
Tornado

United States

#52 Mar 6, 2012
FYI wrote:
Cow Creek hit, Down & Around on Middle Fork hit, Bentley Rd hit, Rockhouse hit, College Heights hit, Sugar Camp in Dixie hit, Mtn Pkwy hit, soooo many places.
. Please I have located all my family does anyone know Janet Gasparac Davis and her family?

Since: Sep 10

Salyersville

#53 Mar 6, 2012
Pennsylvania Mom wrote:
I have a son living in Salyersville. Had heard 1 dead in the county. Can anyone give any updates on the damage. Prayers going out to all involved in the severe weather.
No deaths but heavy damage to the area around the hornet drive and college heights area and most of the business on the parkway is gone or just beyond repair.

Salyersville

#54 Mar 6, 2012
Tornado wrote:
<quoted text>. Please I have located all my family does anyone know Janet Gasparac Davis and her family?
Is she married to Harry C Davis if so they are on Lick Creek and fine no damage down this way.

Salyersville

#55 Mar 6, 2012
Objective Onlooker wrote:
Just talked to my uncle, he said the whole strip from McDonalds on is completely gone, and that an F4 touched down and ripped through West Liberty again later in the night. He's from Floyd County and we have family in Magoffin, so he's trying to find everybody and make sure they're alive.
West Liberty had on Wednesday night then the one friday night but not twice friday.

Salyersville

#56 Mar 6, 2012
a concerned father wrote:
does anyone know if middlefork was hit in salyersville? can you get into the town?thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me and god bless everyone hit bu this storm
The lower end where it comes out across from Mill Branch .. what we call down and around was hit pretty hard took out quiet a few homes.

Salyersville

#57 Mar 6, 2012
Gardner Branch and Ivy Po wrote:
Does anyone know how the Gardner home and Ivy Point area were affected?
They were not affected except power and phone lose
unome2

United States

#58 Mar 7, 2012
does anyone know about the houses on college heights on the hill
yep

Staffordsville, KY

#59 Mar 7, 2012
unome2 wrote:
does anyone know about the houses on college heights on the hill
they where alot of the homes on college heights hit. but i hear the apartments are fine. they still have it blocked off from the public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min 3rd Shift 163,754
Tosha Nickles 8 hr Sidedoor 4
Who owns the house behind Frontier Medical/Ten... 8 hr Kyle 4
Brenda Howard 9 hr Squirrel 24
Breathitt BOE 9 hr outlaw 2
Johnny sizemore 19 hr Tonya 2
What Do You Think About Brittany Brown (Apr '10) 19 hr Gloria 6

Salyersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salyersville Mortgages