First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Worried

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 2, 2012
Can anyone tell me about the extent of the damage in Salyersville Kentucky and when electrical and phone service will be restored? I heard the rescue squad was on the way to help folks when their vehicle was hit by the tornado and blown off the road, where it was confined by downed power lines. I also heard 114 was heavily damaged, Rite Aide, McDonalds, the auto shop and other businesses. How are the folks in Salyersville and those around the county? Is anyone hurt? I am concerned, have a lot of folks up there. I also heard there were five confirmed dead in West Liberty, with numerous others missing or injured. Route 7 and Route 460 into West Liberty are closed and the entire town, including the court house is heavily damaged. Pray for everyone. We have never see weather like this in eastern Kentucky before. What is going on?
OHIO

Houston, OH

#2 Mar 2, 2012
We too have family there and need to know they are ok. twc said 1 dead for there maybe more.....
Pennsylvania Mom

Meadville, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2012
I have a son living in Salyersville. Had heard 1 dead in the county. Can anyone give any updates on the damage. Prayers going out to all involved in the severe weather.
Hoskat55

Canton, MI

#4 Mar 2, 2012
I have heard that Salyersville has been updated to a disaster zone. I have relatives in Dixie and they are all safe but a few damaged homes. I also have relatives in Lakeville and all safe and not much damage. I do have a friend that lives just a few miles from the town and she is ok but can't get thru to anyone in town. Power lines and phone lines down all over there. Maybe we can all get a connection with our loved ones by Sunday. And I know I have never ever have heard of weather like this in southeastern KY!
concerned

Richmond, KY

#5 Mar 2, 2012
the news said that since 1950 salyersville has only had 2 reported small light damaged tornados and then the big one today ,my family is also there and no news at all
DHP Ambulance

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2012
I heard that DHP Ambulance took a direct hit? Can anyone confirm this?
Omg

United States

#8 Mar 2, 2012
concerned wrote:
the news said that since 1950 salyersville has only had 2 reported small light damaged tornados and then the big one today ,my family is also there and no news at all
. I'm so worried have family there,Gasparacs.Also West Liberty and cannot find out anything.
DHP2

Waco, KY

#9 Mar 2, 2012
The building did take a hit, I've been told that it's completely destroyed.
Ashley

Taylors, SC

#10 Mar 2, 2012
Any news on maple avenue???
Worried

Louisville, KY

#11 Mar 2, 2012
I have heard two conflicting stories about a possible fatality in Magoffin County. A friend told me that according to the DRUDGE report one fatality was reported in Magoffin. On another post, I read that a local reporter announced that there had been no fatalities in Magoffin, but some injuries. Does anyone have a clue when the phone and electric service will be restored? Let's all pray that our people come out of this weather situation safe. May God have mercy on everyone.
Winchester

Lebanon, KY

#12 Mar 2, 2012
Looking for info on Salyersville damage as well, have friends there. If you want to see information on West Liberty and other counties and have a Facebook, go to LEX 18 (must be capital letters) and check out their wall. People are posting like crazy, pictures, videos and information.
concerned

Richmond, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2012
i was told by family that mine fork and litteral area r ok not hit just have water up i hope this helps other areas im un sure of but said park way was hit hard

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 2, 2012
Just talked to my uncle, he said the whole strip from McDonalds on is completely gone, and that an F4 touched down and ripped through West Liberty again later in the night. He's from Floyd County and we have family in Magoffin, so he's trying to find everybody and make sure they're alive.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Mar 2, 2012
He also told me that the schools got hit.
Marcia

Brownsville, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2012
My Aunt and Uncle live in the upper part of Dixie, John and Selma Carpenter. Does anyone know if that part is okay?
clodzy

Winchester, KY

#17 Mar 2, 2012
Just got back to Pikeville after being in Salyersville tornado. Subway wrecked, advance auto wrecked...did not see what happen to McDonalds as I left town. At least 2 of the gas stations with damage. All the buildings on that side more affected that the other side. I survived with others in the freezer of the Shell station. Heard houses/mobile homes up on the hill (by the school)suffered significant damage. Phone service is out, except Verizon/Appalachia so hard to get much confirmation.
worried mom

Morehead, KY

#18 Mar 2, 2012
clodzy wrote:
Just got back to Pikeville after being in Salyersville tornado. Subway wrecked, advance auto wrecked...did not see what happen to McDonalds as I left town. At least 2 of the gas stations with damage. All the buildings on that side more affected that the other side. I survived with others in the freezer of the Shell station. Heard houses/mobile homes up on the hill (by the school)suffered significant damage. Phone service is out, except Verizon/Appalachia so hard to get much confirmation.
was amanda lin frezzer with you
Jess k

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 2, 2012
Any one know about college heights apartments?? Very worried about my whole family who all lives there... Please let me know anything!!!
Anna

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Mar 2, 2012
This is Jonna's step daughter, Have you heard anything yet???? Jonna and I are texting back and forth trying to figure anything out! I heard Dixie was hit, parkway and downtown :(
Carlos in Japan

Japan

#21 Mar 3, 2012
Anyone heard anything from Breeze Jackson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min Paul 167,628
Angie Dingus and Nikki Howard 1 hr Seen it 13
Cheating 1 hr True Story 8
salyersville garbage bill added onto your water... 3 hr disagree 3
Dustin allen beating wife bad? 11 hr You know 12
Does anyone know Sabrina Bailey? 21 hr Charlie 3
Nick Patrick 21 hr concerned 5

Salyersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salyersville Mortgages