Hit-run suspect faced drug charges

Hit-run suspect faced drug charges

There are 54 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 12, 2007, titled Hit-run suspect faced drug charges. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Shawna Lindy, 27, was arrested Oct. 18 in Gloucester County on drug charges, jail records show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tuna Fish

Williamsburg, VA

#43 Dec 15, 2007
FACT wrote:
NOT A SHORT ENOUGH DISTANCE TO HAVE BEEN WALKING HOME

FORM (sp)

URBANNA.THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN WALKING THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PICKED UP FROM THE FESTIVAL AS SEVERAL OTHER PARENTS HAD TO DO THAT NIGHT.THATS A GOOD QUESTION WHERE WAS THE PARENTS AT THAT NIGHT?
Hogwash!
question She was driving

Williamsburg, VA

#44 Dec 16, 2007
no what wrote:
all the charges were dropped today in court.
I heard she was the driver of the car, but it was not her car.
Karen

Gloucester, VA

#45 Jan 9, 2008
you people who want to sit and judge shawna need to shut your mouth you dont know her you dont know what she is going thru i can tell you that she was sober and scared and i couldnt say what i would have done in the same situation let the judge do the judging your comments are mean and menacing and dont do anything but harm to the family of the child killed and the family of the accused how can the poor mother heal from this if this crap is all over the internet

Since: Jan 08

Virginia Beach

#46 Jan 9, 2008
Karen wrote:
you people who want to sit and judge shawna need to shut your mouth you dont know her you dont know what she is going thru i can tell you that she was sober and scared and i couldnt say what i would have done in the same situation let the judge do the judging your comments are mean and menacing and dont do anything but harm to the family of the child killed and the family of the accused how can the poor mother heal from this if this crap is all over the internet
Karen - I know who you are... and you are just as trashy as your friend Shawna; if not more so. Difference - she is a murderer, as far as I am aware that is the only crime you have not committed!
Steve C

Williamsburg, VA

#47 Jan 9, 2008
Joshua Martin Halstead
Memorial Service Video

Played on November 10, 2007
Lebanon Worship Center
Saluda Virginia

Video Produced by Joshua's
Spanish Teacher

Virginia Beach

#48 Jan 12, 2008
same day wrote:
<quoted text>
the same day this was posted her dogs(2) were killed. no matter what you do nothing is going to bring josh back.this was a horrible accident that people who are talking about knows not the facts !
she was not busted with the drugs the guys she riding with was busted but yes she was charged but we will see what happens in court tomorrow at 1:00 wont we.shawna did not murder this child it was a accident she didnt even know she had hit a human until the next morning then she did turn her self in.this is nothing but evil gossip.an accident is an accident let people heal and let god and the judge she goes in front of judge her.how do you sleep talking trash like this? does it make you feel better talking trash like this? do you think this is going to help his mom and brother heal? get a grip people
I am far from a supporter of Shawna. I hope to see that skank rot in hell where she belongs! However, whoever killed her dogs, is no better than her. Those dogs were just as innocent as your friend/family member Josh who was brutally murdered. The dogs did not murder Josh, Shawna did!
Davis Wilson

Middleton, WI

#49 Jan 12, 2008
If you live in Wisconsin and want to Get Active and do something that will help save the American Heritage...We would like to hear from you! This is a New Organization working in Wisconsin to help secure our rights and Protect families.

Keep God in our Schools...Keep Prayer Alive...Keep English our Only Language...All that work will pay Taxes and S.S..

Our Kids need to have a Belief system...Our Kids need a Safe world to live in.

We cannot just keep moving farther away from the trouble..It will keep finding you ...Trouble,Drugs,Crime is growing and spreading to every small Town in the country..So is Diversity and Multiculturalism working?...I Think Not.

"White Pride is Not a Crime" We are Proud of our Heritage and want to preserve it.We are not racist's..We are Proud White Americans of European decent.Trying to preserve "The Great American Dream" We are not a Hate Group..We are just concerned Americans

http://www.wi-compact.com

Compact Video

know something

AOL

#50 Jan 14, 2008
Dont you wish you knew wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen - I know who you are... and you are just as trashy as your friend Shawna; if not more so. Difference - she is a murderer, as far as I am aware that is the only crime you have not committed!
and i know who you are..you need to be taking care of yourself..and not worring about other ppl
NightOwl2015

Williamsburg, VA

#51 Jan 14, 2008
Take a break folks -- nerves are raw --

If you have not viewed the memorial video for Joshua, please do so at:

Comments and ratings are available on the YouTube video for Joshua. Please do so. Any negative comments towards anyone will be deleted. Unlike this forum, the memorial video is just that a memorial video and not a place for people to spew venom. Adding the above URL to personal pages are available.

About This Video link has been updated. Grizzly details of the accident have been deleted. Shawna Lindy has been referenced only once. I wished I had never heard of a Shawna Lindy.
Karen

Gloucester, VA

#52 Jan 14, 2008
Dont you wish you knew wrote:
<quoted text>
if you know me so well why hide your name you must have something to hide ...i dont so i put my name out there..anyone who knows Shawna prolly knows me too SO KEEP TALKING ABOUT ME YOU ARE LEAVING SHAWNA AND OTHER PEOPLE ALONE and there arent many in gloucester that dont know me your ranting is nothing to me i know who and what i am thanks for the input tho and have a great day !!!
Concerned Friend

Williamsburg, VA

#53 Jan 14, 2008
Lindy's drug charges have been nolle prosequi. She has not been cleared of anything.

The effect of a nolle prosequi, when obtained, is to put the defendant without day, but it does not operate as an acquittal; for he may be afterwards re-indicted, and even upon the same indictment, fresh process may be awarded. Can you be indicted again after the case was nolle prosequi during a motions hearing?

Yes, the CA can still indict. The term nolle prosequi is merely that the CA believed at that time, they did not have the evidence to convict. The charge is not adjudicated, so there is no double jeopardy involved.

If Lindy had a good defense lawyer, he would have asked and fought for a trial before the judge. The CA would have lost, and Lindy would be free and clear. Lindy is not free and clear of anything.

If Lindy and her cast of characters think the CA did her favors -- think again. The CA for both counties do talk -- in private. That's a fact -- nothing wrong with it -- they are in the business of getting creeps like Lindy off the streets for a long time, and by doing so, makes our communities safer.

Middlesex has a new Commonwealth's Attorney (January 1) and us good people (the winning team) want him up to speed and at the top of his game when Lindy is tried for killing Joshua. If she was is in jail she must be tried within five months of her preliminary hearing and her attorney would be pressuring the court to have that as soon as possible. If she is on bond, the Commonwealth has nine months from the prelim to try her and much less pressure for an early date. Leaving her out on bond would give the CA extra time to prepare so he could take his best shot at giving her some real prison time for killing Joshua.

Also, the bad team should realize, Middlesex CA can amend the charges.

Williamsburg, VA

#54 Jan 16, 2008
little quiet today. So, let me get it stirred up.

According to on-line court records for Gloucester County General District Shawna Lindy was arrested (again!) on 1-14-08 for PROFAN LANG OVER PUBLIC AIRWAY. Defendant Status: Bail (out free again!)

http://208.210.219.132/vadistr ict/controller

This girl will not quit. As a public service, I took it upon myself and passed the info to the press.
Video Info

Williamsburg, VA

#55 Jan 20, 2008
Steve C wrote:
Joshua Martin Halstead
Memorial Service Video
Played on November 10, 2007
Lebanon Worship Center
Saluda Virginia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CoMf7HbSt9wXX
Video Produced by Joshua's
Spanish Teacher
the video is now available for download on Google. To find it -- go to Google -- More (upper left hand corner)-- Video -- Search Joshua Halstead
seeing ahead

United States

#56 Oct 29, 2010
this is still heavy in my heart,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saluda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Hurd (Nov '09) Apr '16 sick of it too 25
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Feb '16 Patient X 1
Corrupt Commonwealth Attorney and uneducated in... (May '15) May '15 no-justice 1
Tom Brady (Nov '14) Nov '14 Not Interested 1
Urbanna-Incorporation and mayor candidates (Sep '14) Nov '14 RAMROD7 7
Poll Is TheUrbanna Oyster Festival a drunkfest? (Feb '08) Oct '14 Town resident 81
Corruption in Middlesex government (Dec '13) Sep '14 tell no lies 2

Saluda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saluda Mortgages