Next Last
Concerned

Paducah, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2008
How does the future look for S.V.R.S.?
IDGARA

Paducah, KY

#2 Aug 26, 2008
I have heard that there was an ivestigation, has anyone else heard anything?
concerned1

Nashville, TN

#3 Aug 26, 2008
I know for sure that the Attorney General of Virginia is indeed conducting a probe regarding Medicaid related transports. It may or may not be part of a larger investigation.
Curious

Paducah, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Does anyone know this for sure! When a squad advertises as being a volunteer squad it shouldn't be charging for its services. Does Saltville have volunteer written on their vehicles? How does SVRS rates compare to the other towns near by? How does one determine who can pay and who cann't and how is this decided?

Since: Oct 07

Glade Spring, Va

#5 Aug 27, 2008
A volunteer rescue squad can bill for services, and still call itself VOLUNTEER. Now, if ALL the members of the agency are PAID (as in a traditional salary/hourly wage), then it ceases to become volunteer. If the majority of the active operational members are volunteer, then I think that is allowable. I'm not 100% sure of the percentage required.

If an agency bills for it's services, then everyone that receives services then get's a bill. Their insurance is billed, whether it's medicare, medicaid, or private insurance. After that, if an agency pursues the patient to recover the fee, then that's called AGGRESSIVE billing. If the agency just writes off what insurance doesn't cover, and doesn't pursue the recovery, then that's called PASSIVE billing.

My agency practices PASSIVE billing. I'm not sure how Saltville Rescue does it.

As far as billing rates go, MOST rates are the same, as far as ambulance trips go. There's USUALLY a standard fee for a BLS trip, as well as ALS trips. Additionally, from the patient's home to the hospital, it's USUALLY $10/mile.

FYI...

BLS = No IV's, No Drugs, No ECG's
ALS = IV's, Drugs, ECG's
Curious

Paducah, KY

#6 Aug 27, 2008
Thank you Rescue l6 for being so helpful in answering this for me. It is better to know before calling for assistance than knowing afterwards. My insurance provides coverage, but have been fortunate in that I haven't had to utilize it. Thanks again!!!
Concerned

Emory, VA

#7 Aug 27, 2008
The rate that most all rescue squads bill is $10/mile plus the base charge for the call whether it is ALS/BLS it varies depending on the classification. Usually BLS is 350 to 400 and ALS is 500 to 600. To remain a "volunteer" agency, 51% of the membership must be fully volunteer. But there are ways around it.
EMT

Marietta, OH

#8 Aug 14, 2009
Passive Billing I think is what saltville bills as
deacon46

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Sep 14, 2009
NOT!
camel toe

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2009
i would like to thank our rescue squad for pulling me out of 3 srecked cars several years ago.god bless them.
camel toe

United States

#11 Sep 15, 2009
oops imeant wrecked cars lol
Not good news

Bristol, VA

#12 Feb 2, 2012
By: Michael Owens | BRISTOL HERALD COURIER
Published: February 02, 2012
Updated: February 02, 2012 - 2:54 PM

SALTVILLE, Va.--
A federal grand jury has indicted the Saltville Rescue Squad with billing Medicare for millions of dollars worth of falsified medical transports, court documents show.

A sealed indictment was filed Jan. 18 and unsealed today.

Read Friday’s Bristol Herald Courier for more information.
Bristol, TN

#13 Feb 2, 2012

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#14 Feb 2, 2012
Uh oh!!!!
wow

Johnson City, TN

#15 Feb 2, 2012
hope trinity didnt get any start-up money from them.....
How Interesting

Paducah, KY

#16 Feb 2, 2012
Well everyone has said that The President and the Captian needed to be thrown out of Saltville Rescue Squad along time ago. Now i wonder what will happen? Saltville Rescue has served our community for years. It has had some wonderful members and its share of bad ones. Its a shame that our communtiy may have to suffer and not may not be able to have a local Squad because a couple off its members got greedy. To be honest this makes me sick! But im sure that this is just the start of what is sure to be a big mess. So who need to go and who should stay? It is very possible that they will close the doors on something that the communtiy could have been proud of.....
Not Happy

Johnson City, TN

#17 Feb 2, 2012
What a disgrace!!!
Ray H

Nashville, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2012
Did saltville rescue pay for the labor day music last year. Come on people wise up. Crooks are crooks.
Watching

Paducah, KY

#19 Feb 3, 2012
I That the rescue squad did pay for the music at labor day. And yes Ray you are right. The community needs to wise up and do something, Futhermore the members need to wise up and get a backbone. If the members are so community concerned and want to help the community then they need to do that by getting rid of the problem.
ipso fatso

Burlington, VT

#20 Feb 3, 2012
Always thought Popeye was a crook !
Without any doubt in my mind ! Just glad everyone will know the truth now !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
randall davidson (Jul '16) 6 hr Better than the rest 31
Baller Coaches That Quit 6 hr Friend 2
Look Mommy 15 hr Large Nose 1
Head Lice 18 hr mmmkay 2
Greatest football player in northwood history 21 hr PAT 18
Any female need 50 dollars Mon Need to relax 5
Bad Gas Mon No Green Stamps F... 3

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance