Location hidden

#24 Jan 25, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>FU CK U HARLEY
You ain't got what it takes.
The horror

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Jan 25, 2013
Ok, should have realized it was Saltville. My last post was what edumacated people call "sarcasm" - or "being a smart ass" for the mercury minded. By exaggerating, I was attempting to point out how stupid the gripers are. But, of course, you are to muck dam stupid to get it.

I was supporting the workers. Try to trade a coloring book for one that has letters in it.
get real

Knoxville, TN

#27 Jan 25, 2013
The horror wrote:
Ok, should have realized it was Saltville. My last post was what edumacated people call "sarcasm" - or "being a smart ass" for the mercury minded. By exaggerating, I was attempting to point out how stupid the gripers are. But, of course, you are to muck dam stupid to get it.
I was supporting the workers. Try to trade a coloring book for one that has letters in it.
your mom wears combat boots
bill

Plymouth, WI

#28 Jan 25, 2013
to whomever the horror is, i don't think i ever said these workers should work 24/7 i was stating what i observed over a 2 1/2 hr period, in my opinion they were milking the clock waiting for sunday & the federal holiday on monday to come so they could get double & triple time. which is wrong when you have elderly & sick people going without power for 2-4 days. like i stated in my first post there jobs are very dangerous and yes they do need to take a break every once in a while. and i've spoken to alot of people who witnessed the same type stuff going on in different places. also are you one of these clock milkers because i never mentioned aep in my first post.
Harley T Ford-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#29 Jan 25, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>your mom wears combat boots
LMFAO!!!!! You're one dumb f"@k. When did you graduate grade school.......never?
get real

Knoxville, TN

#30 Jan 25, 2013
Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> LMFAO!!!!! You're one dumb f"@k. When did you graduate grade school.......never?
Okay, your mom sucks dic ks wearing combat boots.I schooled her doggystyle last night.
Harley T Ford-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#32 Jan 26, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, your mom sucks dic ks wearing combat boots.I schooled her doggystyle last night.
You're as big a damn idiot as Trayvon, John or whatever his name is today. In fact you may even have him beat.....but then this is the Saltvegas forum. Always were a bunch of lard assed stupid morons over there. EBT capital of the USA.
bothered

United States

#33 Jan 26, 2013
The slave remark we could have done without. I see them sitting around too. Why don't you ask rather than assume.
The horror

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Jan 26, 2013
Those working for masters, like you mercury minds that complain about them taking a break, are by definition "slaves". I don't have to ask. I'm patient and prepared, so when my power was off for four days, I wasn't freaking out, riding around to see where the crews were. I take of myself, my elderly inlaws, and my family. I don't depend on somebody else making me comfortable at a moment's notice. Guess that's why I don't sweat it. Here's my thought. If you can ride around, go out to eat, and all the crap you posted while keeping time on the workers, why not volunteer your sorry self to take some of your inbred family with you instead of griping about them not having cable tv. Springer does reruns.
The Notebook

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Jan 26, 2013
The horror wrote:
Those working for masters, like you mercury minds that complain about them taking a break, are by definition "slaves". I don't have to ask. I'm patient and prepared, so when my power was off for four days, I wasn't freaking out, riding around to see where the crews were. I take of myself, my elderly inlaws, and my family. I don't depend on somebody else making me comfortable at a moment's notice. Guess that's why I don't sweat it. Here's my thought. If you can ride around, go out to eat, and all the crap you posted while keeping time on the workers, why not volunteer your sorry self to take some of your inbred family with you instead of griping about them not having cable tv. Springer does reruns.
You are the most intellectual person I've heard on here. NOT
have 2 say

Strawberry Plains, TN

#36 Jan 28, 2013
Listen guys i know that aep gets all power back on asap and when u c these trucks sitting 4 a couple hrs its usually bexause they been out working 36hrs straight and they r tryin 2 take a nap...so next time u wanna fuss how bout thinkin vbout it from their point of view instead of being selfish and they really dont get paid enough
bubba

Rutherfordton, NC

#37 Jan 29, 2013
to the person that thinks these people work 36 hours straight without any kind of break you sure don't know much about labor laws. i worked for a county government in another state for 25 years i worked for the road department and in bad weather they would bring us into the depot and we would sometimes be on the clock for 2-3 days straight but we would work 4-6 hrs then we would go back to the depot or pull off the road for a break, thats the law. i saw some crews sitting for long periods of time during this last storm also, my point is we worked alongside some of these power companies they have unions and i don't think they would allow there members working 36 hours straight. yes they deserve breaks but i also feel there was a little clock milking going on by the worker's and its kinda hard to blame them in a way you got to look out for yourself in these hard times. i would put most of the blame on the power co. itself not the workers.
Grounded

Columbia, MD

#38 Jan 30, 2013
Go online to their website they explain to you how they fix the poweroutages, when these crews are seen sitting they are waiting for orders, there are three steps to fixing major outages, job has to be looked at by field asessers then tree crews must go in to clear trees, then the power crews go in and fix problem. It's probably like any other job in America where if you sit on your ass and do nothing you will get fired, only people that get out there and work know that though!
slingblade

Woodruff, SC

#39 Jan 30, 2013
i know someone who works for pike which aep does subconract some of there work to, he told me what was mentioned on the web site was correct & yes there is down time but he admitted to me that they do milk it for all its worth , and he's been working for them about 15 years he works out of northern va. & he was down here after this last storm & he told me they were held until sat. evening up there before they were sent this way, he said it was so they could bill aep double time. no bullshit. thats messed up.
bothered

United States

#40 Jan 30, 2013
No wonder our country is so screwed up. Greed takes precedence over people.
have 2 say

La Plata, MD

#41 Jan 31, 2013
There is no labor law that protects emergency workers i know this im married 2 one who comes home worn out when these storms hit and as someone stated before there is a chain of command aep guys could go flip your power on but until debris are cleared up it will just go out again and i agree i do think the company waste time before the tell the guys what to do but what boss doesnt also if people would make sure they have no large trees around the power lines it wouldnt be so bad when storms come
bubba

Lehigh Acres, FL

#42 Jan 31, 2013
have 2 say wrote:
There is no labor law that protects emergency workers i know this im married 2 one who comes home worn out when these storms hit and as someone stated before there is a chain of command aep guys could go flip your power on but until debris are cleared up it will just go out again and i agree i do think the company waste time before the tell the guys what to do but what boss doesnt also if people would make sure they have no large trees around the power lines it wouldnt be so bad when storms come
just one question you do realize that this is a very rural area surrounded by the jefferson national forest the last time i checked trees are one of the main things that grow in the woods thats why they're called the woods. and i don't care what you say there's no way your other half works for days straight without any kinds of breaks during these emergencies because i to at one time was one of these workers who had to be out in these weather emergencies not with the power co. but on the roads trying to keep them as clear as possible but of course lucky for me i didn't work in the shit hole state of virginia. whats va got that other's don't hill's , whore's & stupid rednecks!!!!!!!!!
Grounded

Washington, DC

#43 Feb 2, 2013
To op get real, to fix your problem call the 800# and have them remove your service then you want be responsible for a bill and the rest of us won't have to read your stupid post cause you won't have a computer. And sling blade, your pike friend dose not know much cause if he' works in no va then he's works for a different power company and they decide to release there contractors, not pike.
get real

Knoxville, TN

#44 Feb 2, 2013
Grounded wrote:
To op get real, to fix your problem call the 800# and have them remove your service then you want be responsible for a bill and the rest of us won't have to read your stupid post cause you won't have a computer. And sling blade, your pike friend dose not know much cause if he' works in no va then he's works for a different power company and they decide to release there contractors, not pike.
u gonna cry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rooster? 56 min Sheriff long dick 47
Little league softball 3 hr for all Damascus ... 16
truth hurts 16 hr Bucknasty 10
Carol Nutter Peanut Butter Thu Nowthatsfunny 7
bobby goff (Feb '12) Thu Entertaned 8
Sin City Meth Bust (Aug '15) Thu Hahha 9
Why do grown woman do this? Thu Melba 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saltville Mortgages