salt first responder
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
member2

Knoxville, TN

#41 Jan 7, 2013
Yes we do need a change its getting worse everyday. we are tired being laughed at. I hope more members will come forward.
the vulture

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Jan 20, 2013
Mr Knowitall wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know everything. I attend meetings, I am on committees, and I live in Washington County. There is so much to Saltville politics that goes on behind my back that there is no way that I can know everything. Maybe it is time for you (Vulture) and me ( Mr. Knowitall) to meet on the second Tuesday of the month and talk in public.
Who knows we might have a lot in common. Who ran through a yard Thursday night down in Henrytown with one of those big fire trucks? Big ruts in the yard.
Mr Knowitall

Knoxville, TN

#43 Jan 21, 2013
To "The Vulture";

I do my very best to respect all people and to treat everybody exactly the way I want them to treat me. Out of respect for everybody involved, I will not answer your question on/in Topix. Still, if you would like to talk with me, we can talk at the Saltville, Town Hall.
His sister

United States

#44 Jan 31, 2013
member wrote:
Myself and a few other members knows who can fix this dept. He was assist chief a while back and hes will train and certified. And he will treat everyone equal and can train to. As of now we have a chief that does what he wants and cant train his dept and has his picks. And we need to change it. Its no better now when the fryes ran it. Maybe on day the town will wake up.
Maybe instead of talking about my brother behind his back maybe you should go and say it to his face and tell him who would be a better chief, and probably unlike you he has to work 40+ hours a week to provide for his family, but he does what he can as a volunteer I don't know everything about the fd but I know good an well that when that alert goes off and he is not at work I'm the one picking up his kids so he can respond to a call! So please keep talking crap, because most of the volunteers except a few are worthless and lazy until that alert goes off and then they get off their butts! But you know that's just my opinion!:) thanks and have a good day:)
His sister

United States

#45 Jan 31, 2013
no way wrote:
The only way the fire chief has it now cause of his dad working for town. He is useless and have no control of his officers and guys.That's why it's in the shape it's in now. And it gets worse everyday.they have been a few good firemen there and the crap they pull and do things they leave if nfpa would come in they would be shut down. But nobody cares
An just so you know my brother isn't the chief because our dad works for the town it's because he was actually qualified or it:)
nember2

Abingdon, VA

#46 Feb 1, 2013
Whatever we all know
His sister

Manassas, VA

#47 Feb 1, 2013
Think what you want, y'all get laughed at cause most of y'all are idiots but you know that's just my opinion and I am not afraid to walk up to any of the members and tell them what I think of them, and one member in particular is stirring in shit with the wrong family and one day karma will find him if it already hasn't just saying! Y'all have a good day and just remember keep my families name out of y'all mouth:)
His sister

Manassas, VA

#48 Feb 1, 2013
nember2 wrote:
Whatever we all know
Please continue to be jealous, y'all are just mad! I love when people are jealous of something they really shouldn't be!:)
seems to me

Elizabethton, TN

#49 Feb 1, 2013
Sister needs to shut up to. Who wants to heard her mouth.
His sister

Manassas, VA

#50 Feb 1, 2013
seems to me wrote:
Sister needs to shut up to. Who wants to heard her mouth.
Well "seems to me" once you start talking about my family you bet your a$$ that I will speak up cause nobody is gonna put my family down for anything and get away with it I'm sick of it! And you need to go back to school and learn how to spell if you want a war we can have one, cause there is one member and his wife that needs to be put in their place and I won't be afraid to say it to them!! You know crap like this amuses me but once you tell me to shut my mouth you better be ready to shut it up for me!! Thanks and have a nice day! And if you have the balls like I did to put your name out there cause everybody knows what biguns sisters name is, come forth and tell me and if you see me out confront me cause I will tell you how it is!!
Members Wife

Washington, DC

#51 Feb 2, 2013
I can't believe this is the first time I have read all these post's.... I think it's crazy that the squad and fire department can't work as one unit. When you are in EMS/Fire/police service, once on scene you should be able to work with your worst enemy and accept help from your worst enemy (especially when they are higher trained than you) to give the patient the best quality of care possible. It's a shame that SRS won't allow certain people on the department because of certain members not "liking" that person.... They should go on credentials and work ethic!!! There are numerous times that SRS needs assistance and who goes??? The fire department of course... But they won't allow them to be "members". That's crazy!!!! I think allowing the fire department to have first responder status would help the community!! I mean isn't that what it is all about anyways!!!! It's not about downing each other...
no change

Elizabethton, TN

#52 Feb 3, 2013
As long as Popeye and Wayne are in charge, they will never let anyone get along. The members of SRS NEED to take control and get rid of them. The big picture is that as soon as the SRS is gone, Trinty will be ready to take over. That is the reason they are not wanting the first responder for the fire dept. Our town needs to step in and hire a trained director to oversee both depts. They owe that to the citizens of this town.
looking from a distance

Knoxville, TN

#53 Feb 6, 2013
First, let me add that the fire dept never approached the squad about this first responder thing. Also it would seem that all those medically trained folks at the fire dept could have come to the squad and met and joined them to provide proficient EMS to the community. I don't believe the town has any control over the squad and certainly do not believe that it is needed. Also it's my opinion that the squad has served the people many years and it's time the people of this community stood up to support the rescue squad. I am sure the squad appreciates the help the fire dept gives them each time and have heard them say so many times. God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saltville board of supervisors race 9 hr Vote for Joe 9
Town Management (Aug '16) 9 hr Big Bad Bouncing ... 203
Football 9 hr Sprockets 35
Coaches 10 hr my opinion 21
Amy Mitchell 10 hr Ermey 8
Confederate statues 12 hr true 2
Private 23 hr Tubby 35

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance