First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just wondering

Morrison, TN

#1 Feb 12, 2012
Who has seen one?Come on people,lets here the stories!!lol
mcwillis

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 12, 2012
Ive seen wood booger north of saltsville. He was on high nob........,i got up in the fire tower and looked down and he went in the channels. It was squatch pretty sure it wasnt a bear, through it could of been. it was getting dark but i think i did see something . but mabie it was just mu imagination.. na thats just a lie but i did almost hit a bear up in tumblin it was commin down the mountain and i almost hit it with my jeep , it ran down the road in front of the jeep and was running right in front of me. but if you want to get info on the bigfoot of the area go to www.shuveitupyourbutt
just wondering

Greer, SC

#3 Feb 12, 2012
Hey smartie,you do know that high knob is in wise county dont you?I would hope so,love your heart!!You are on here telling people to shove it up their butt(which you didnt spell shove right)but its your fellow townspeople on the television saying they have seen the thing for certain.I would just like to hear anybody's story about the thing.Not that I personally believe in such a creature,but one never knows what is really out there.Hence,the reason I asked to hear about any experiences someone might have had.Thanks!!
just a thought

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 13, 2012
Bogus junk
makes no sense

Marion, VA

#5 Feb 13, 2012
I think it is crazy that they came to Saltville, but didn't even talk to anyone on the show that were from Saltville!!! I did see pictures of the citizen's but no one was talked to on the air. I seen several people raise their hands that had seen something. Who were those other people that they talked to anyway??? I think it should have been the people from Saltville. I have never heard of the places they were talking about. We all got excited that they were going to be on the look in Saltville but we was wrong.
mystery

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2012
What are they
mcwillis

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 13, 2012
mcwillis wrote:
Ive seen wood booger north of saltsville. He was on high nob........,i got up in the fire tower and looked down and he went in the channels. It was squatch pretty sure it wasnt a bear, through it could of been. it was getting dark but i think i did see something . but mabie it was just mu imagination.. na thats just a lie but i did almost hit a bear up in tumblin it was commin down the mountain and i almost hit it with my jeep , it ran down the road in front of the jeep and was running right in front of me. but if you want to get info on the bigfoot of the area go to www.shuveitupyourbutt
i was just joking around sorry for that if you got mad. and i know that high nob is in norton but they call the tower knob too im sure people have lots of good tales about the bigfoots theyve encountered
Truth

Blacksburg, VA

#8 Feb 15, 2012
mcwillis wrote:
<quoted text> i was just joking around sorry for that if you got mad. and i know that high nob is in norton but they call the tower knob too im sure people have lots of good tales about the bigfoots theyve encountered
It's never called tower knob! That stupid show was the first time any of us have heard of the "woodbooger." That's even too redneck for us, lol. I know the man on the 4wheeler and the man that walked across the river. The sad part is that they told the people from the show that the video was fake, but they still insisted on coming to recreate it (even though it was sooooooooo obvious that it wasn't the same part of the river). That show is a joke!
Big Bri

Stuarts Draft, VA

#9 Feb 15, 2012
Sorry people but I have lived in the area all my life and am a more than avid outdoorsman. I'm also a very successful trapper. I have to call B.S on this booger thing. As a trapper I'm super observant while in the field. This booger ranked right up there with panthers being in the area. I'm in the woods EVERY day and a heck of a lot of nights and I have over 50 game cams scattered through the area all year long. I have never found ANY evidence at all to support this. No tracks, no evidence of feeding, no pictures, no scat, no nothing. I'm also a credentialed man tracker. If somebody gets lost I get a call from the state to go find them. If they existed there would be evidence of them and I can't help but feel like I would have noticed it at some point during the last 27 years that I have spent in the woods. I'm not saying that people have not seen something but I'm sure that there is an explanation for what they saw.
Big Bri

Stuarts Draft, VA

#10 Feb 15, 2012
Not sure why it says I'm in Salem, Va. I live in Wise county.
Belle

Springfield, TN

#11 Feb 16, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never called tower knob! That stupid show was the first time any of us have heard of the "woodbooger." That's even too redneck for us, lol. I know the man on the 4wheeler and the man that walked across the river. The sad part is that they told the people from the show that the video was fake, but they still insisted on coming to recreate it (even though it was sooooooooo obvious that it wasn't the same part of the river). That show is a joke!
I liked the term 'woodsbooger'; I'd never heard of it before, but it makes an excellent term for little kids and ex-spouses.
Belle

Springfield, TN

#12 Feb 16, 2012
Big Bri wrote:
Sorry people but I have lived in the area all my life and am a more than avid outdoorsman. I'm also a very successful trapper. I have to call B.S on this booger thing. As a trapper I'm super observant while in the field. This booger ranked right up there with panthers being in the area. I'm in the woods EVERY day and a heck of a lot of nights and I have over 50 game cams scattered through the area all year long. I have never found ANY evidence at all to support this. No tracks, no evidence of feeding, no pictures, no scat, no nothing. I'm also a credentialed man tracker. If somebody gets lost I get a call from the state to go find them. If they existed there would be evidence of them and I can't help but feel like I would have noticed it at some point during the last 27 years that I have spent in the woods. I'm not saying that people have not seen something but I'm sure that there is an explanation for what they saw.
If bigfoot ranks right up there with cougars, then they may well exist. A cougar was seen in the Saltville area last fall, I believe it was. I told the dude he ought to report the sighting to the game wardens, and he answered, "Why? They don't believe in them." Heck, what can you say?
If a giant bipedal apeman lives, though, I don't think he does so in our neck of the woods.
Big Bri

Stuarts Draft, VA

#13 Feb 17, 2012
If big cats exist here how come all these people that have seen them can never show anybody something as simple as a track or a pile of scat? How come in an age where almost everybody has a cell phone with a camera on it no one has ever taken a picture? How come that a game cam pic has never been produced that had not been tampered with? I have hunted areas out west that have big cats. They leave an enormous amount of evidence. They are very territorial and heavily spray their area daily. You can't get within 100 yards down wind of it without smelling it. Years ago big cats were almost extinct in North America and had to be protected from hunters. One of the main reasons for that was the simple fact that they were very easy to track and find, even in small numbers. I'm sorry but I call a huge B.S on free ranging big cats living in this area.
pleasedo

Upper Marlboro, MD

#14 Feb 18, 2012
Big Bri wrote:
If big cats exist here how come all these people that have seen them can never show anybody something as simple as a track or a pile of scat? How come in an age where almost everybody has a cell phone with a camera on it no one has ever taken a picture? How come that a game cam pic has never been produced that had not been tampered with? I have hunted areas out west that have big cats. They leave an enormous amount of evidence. They are very territorial and heavily spray their area daily. You can't get within 100 yards down wind of it without smelling it. Years ago big cats were almost extinct in North America and had to be protected from hunters. One of the main reasons for that was the simple fact that they were very easy to track and find, even in small numbers. I'm sorry but I call a huge B.S on free ranging big cats living in this area.
I'm calling bs on you if you don't believe in the big cats. I've seen one with witnesses. I was in taylors taxidermy in bristol about a month ago and a field biologist was in there talking about this study he was doing on them had pictures of several different big cats from this region
swami

United States

#15 Feb 18, 2012
Envelope to head - what is on koliga's wife!!

Open envelope- wood booger!!

Yall remember carsons swami?
whattha h

Springfield, TN

#16 Feb 18, 2012
swami wrote:
Envelope to head - what is on koliga's wife!!
Open envelope- wood booger!!
Yall remember carsons swami?
Is thiss supposed to make any sense?

A couple of weeks ago on an MSNBC editorial, some guy in New Jersey had a picture of an ape looking, upright walking animal, this person who caught it on camera has sent the film to be analyzed. With the cloning, and the microbionics (developing mechanical bees) Yale University Science Dept. Who knows what is out there.

As far as the panthers, they were called by the people who settled this country, they existed. And,,,,the game reserve imported mountain lions into the area in the '80s from the western states.
Also they imported rattlesnakes and wolves. As they did coyotes.
One needs to keep up with what goes on in the game commission, if they will admit to it.
swami

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2012
U don't remember johnny carson swami character. Who held a envelope to his head and fortold what was written in it.

It is a joke. Koliga was a wooden indian who fell in love with wooden indian girl.

See if u can figure it out.
Belle

Springfield, TN

#18 Feb 18, 2012
Big Bri wrote:
If big cats exist here how come all these people that have seen them can never show anybody something as simple as a track or a pile of scat? How come in an age where almost everybody has a cell phone with a camera on it no one has ever taken a picture? How come that a game cam pic has never been produced that had not been tampered with? I have hunted areas out west that have big cats. They leave an enormous amount of evidence. They are very territorial and heavily spray their area daily. You can't get within 100 yards down wind of it without smelling it. Years ago big cats were almost extinct in North America and had to be protected from hunters. One of the main reasons for that was the simple fact that they were very easy to track and find, even in small numbers. I'm sorry but I call a huge B.S on free ranging big cats living in this area.
One-I don't know that much about it, but the dude and his wife who saw it are honest folk. Two-I don't know when the big cats were supposed to have vanished from the area, but I heard one on a camping trip when I was five or so; at least my daddy said that it wasn't a woman being murdered, it was just a panther. That would have been about...well, let's say more than 35 years ago.
Three-back in the early seventies during a cold snap, a slushy snow fast froze overnight. Out in front of the smokehouse, frozen as plain as the nose on y'face was about a four inch cat track. Not dog, not bear, not bird; cat.
I was raised in the mountains, too, and I know the difference.
As far as the ease of finding cat tracks, territorial markers, or scat out west, could that be because there might be a bigger cat population out there? And because of the size of the average mountain lion's territory? In an area like ours where panthers are few and far between, their hunting range can be as much as 300+ miles, so you might have missed one...
To add a little flame to the debate, I've often heard the old folk speak of 'big 'ol black panthers' roaming these woods. Noting a serious lack of leopards and jaguars, which are the only king sized cats that can be black, then what were they seeing? I never heard anybody make any big deal about it; it was more like, "Remember the year the fox got in the chicken house, and Cousin Liam shot that big black panther up on Flat Top?"
Perhaps, these were the lap pets of 'woodsboogers'?
sick of reality tv

Nashville, TN

#19 Feb 18, 2012
Do you really know what wood booger means? Google it. Those dumb democrats on these reality shows are making fun of all backwoods people. Are viewers this stupid?
sick of reality tv

Nashville, TN

#20 Feb 18, 2012
This is from the URBAN DICTIONARY
wood booger n.


Any leftover residue or crust from a man's ejaculation. Usually found in the nose, tear duct, hair, belly, ass, tits, crack, leg.. anywhere on the female (or male) body part that is visible after crustation.

I usually do not post, but I am sick of these democrat tv stations making fun of some groups of people. I hope they all die and rot in hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did they do? 43 min Wondering 8
Saltville board of supervisors race 4 hr Myra Mains 105
Footballman 13 hr Butch 23
Amy Mitchell Wed Band4fun 26
Private Tue Miss Harry 70
Landon smith Sep 16 Joe 2
Football Sep 15 Gimme some Moore 58

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saltville Mortgages