mike taylor and steve johnson

Posted in the Saltville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 12, 2013
the october meeting didn't happen. november needed to happen but it didn't because the town manager and others from the office didn't show. this is their job. if they can't do their job they should get out. they don't respond to anyone in the town not even their own meetings. if it's too much for them it's just right for someone else. step down.
wellwell

Buckingham, VA

#2 Nov 12, 2013
Seems like they weren't the only ones not to show. Was Norris and the mayor were the only ones to show? Start in May and vote the bums out.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#3 Nov 13, 2013
there was a reason other than the vfw grounds that they didn't show. it's the same problem i've been dealng with for years while taking care of the town gardens. i get no supplies. they were put in on a 30k grant. i suppose thats why they don't really care. it didn't come out of their budget eight yeas ago. the town shop men use to speak and come by my place almost every day. after the last meeting i attended they no longer speak to me. mike taylor and steve johnson were not voted in. they applied for the job and if they can't do it then they should be fired. the entire town has something bad to say about the town hall. what a shame in such a small town. it should be easier to run. it would be if they responded to the public in stead of making trouble for themselves by not responding to them. women wouldn't act like this. women would get the job done. i certainly would. people have asked me to run for mayor many times but i need to move back to dc to be with my kids. other wise i would run. i do what i can and that is going to the meetings and standing up to them. i wish some people would come and support me at a meeting.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 13, 2013
the council must have known that it was going to be a no show. but why? do your job! they knew not to show up. this was planned and is very rude. there was no meeting last month, i suppose there is nothing important enough to discuss. i think there's plenty to talk about. lets start with how irresponsible the town hall office is. i don't mean the women there. i'm talking about taylor and johnson. they need to do a better job; at least DO THEIR JOB. people are so tired of that lame office.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 13, 2013
What about the VFW grounds?
who knows

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Nov 13, 2013
Who can trust them, the property could have been sold for all we know. They do alot of dirty deals.
Collusion

Burlington, VT

#7 Nov 13, 2013
More evidence of clandestine meetings to
undermine the Town Council and Town progress.

Purposely pulled a no show at council meeting
to avoid addressing the issues and citizens
concerns !

We are fed up with you idiots !

Collusion outside these public meetings is
Illegal !
What idiots

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Nov 14, 2013
Does anyone think the reason there was a no show is because the mayor supports the council member that is suing the entire council. That is a joke in itself. I guess if I get ired I will sue. Works for some
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 14, 2013
i don't know what they're trying to avoid by not being there. it isn't court. there's town business to be taken care of and they arn't doing it. what gives them the right to avoid doing their jobs. someone else can do it. they were not elected. they've avoided business with me for years and especially this year. i'm looking for folks in town to join me caring for the town gardens. i don't need them for hundreds of dollars worth of mulch. i now use pine needles. if my house doesn't sell and i'm still here next year, i plan on a plant yard sale in town to make the money for seven dust, plant food and what ever else the gardens need. they don't care to talk to me and i really don't care to deal with them anymore. i will if they're willing but i don't think that will happen. i'm on their s--t list. they can't get rid of me and i know they didn't want to hear what i was going to say either. they're all put on. all talk and no action.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 14, 2013
and again i'm going to say i have no fear and i use my name. i wouldn't say something if i didn't have the guts to stand behind what i say.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#11 Nov 14, 2013
the mayor shouldn't take sides.
blahblah

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 14, 2013
mike should go back to working at Cargo because all that "power" has gone to his head
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#13 Nov 15, 2013
Jerry Greer Jr wrote:
What about the VFW grounds?
the grounds hadn't been cared for for over a month. no one came here to the park to clean up. i had already let them know that the leaves were down on the big tree behind the park. i live there. they always have to be told when they should know. especially the town hall should make sure that these areas that are being used for intertainment and honor for and of the town should be cared for. they are lame in that office. i have to remind them of way too much. many have asked me to run for mayor but you know my house is for sale and i plan on going "home" to dc to be with my children. if not, i would run and win. someone good should and help this poor town thats underhanded and ofter evil.
wellwell

Buckingham, VA

#14 Nov 15, 2013
What idiots wrote:
Does anyone think the reason there was a no show is because the mayor supports the council member that is suing the entire council. That is a joke in itself. I guess if I get ired I will sue. Works for some
That's Surber's puppets. He helped pull the wool over the voters eyes that voted for them. Why do you think all Brickey hollers is 'fire the chief''? Start in May. Vote in all new ones that will not be afraid to hold meetings.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 15, 2013
Those grounds are my responsibility and I asked the town not to touch them before my program so that I could prove a point that I will not explain here. Those grounds are nowhere in your realm of responsibility. Although I thanked you for cleaning up what you did, your assistance was not requested or needed.
Jerry Greer
Commander
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#16 Nov 15, 2013
oh i would say it was needed and i think the others in the vfw would differ from your opinion. what kind of point are you trying to prove? they've been taking care of the grass for years at vfw request! it's a town site for visitors and should be cared for by the enmates we pay. i'd rather had done it the day before; i wasn't there to be seen by you or any one else. it was SUCH AN AWFUL site, you should be ashamed if you put a stop to the clean up. why didn't you come and cut it. you did one time when you first took office in the pouring rain which did nothing but flatten it. i think you better watch what to say to volunteers "sir".
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 15, 2013
i would say you are the one not needed out there and it's not YOUR program. it's the vfw's. men come and go. i think your words will be seen as very unfortunate. don't start with me, i was on your side. it's the town i'm having a beef with. i'll see what my friends in the vfw say about this.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#18 Nov 15, 2013
under my name should say saltville not chillhowie. i live behind the vfw wall. my neighbors raked that park for many years and i've done my share for nine years. we live here and we try to keep "our" park up and it's not just on the holidays. we clean year round. the rocks were weeded one and a half mths ago. it grows fast in all the rain. my name is also on the wall and stands as my marker when i'm gone. sp5 illustrator. ft. belvoir va.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 15, 2013
Don't start with you? Last time I checked I am the acting Commander of the Hardy Roberts VFW Post 7328. As I explained earlier, I do not have to tell you why I wished the park unkept. It has to do with funding but all you have to care about is mulch. I will not take lightly threats of watching what I say. That "park" is ultimately my responsibility as is anything the Hardy Roberts Post touches. If you would like to discuss anything? I am not hard to find.
theresa ogle

Knoxville, TN

#21 Nov 16, 2013
wellwell wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Surber's puppets. He helped pull the wool over the voters eyes that voted for them. Why do you think all Brickey hollers is 'fire the chief''? Start in May. Vote in all new ones that will not be afraid to hold meetings.

thats true. i knew of their plan before the elections. i did let the chief know of their plans. thats when he first took office. he took care of business right away. he changed the status of the mayor after his election. the police chief comes before the mayor and really over the town manager. taylor's not an officer. we was not an elected official. he applied for the job and he does his business. he can be arrested and taken out. the chief will not be. they had some nerve planning to take the man out, these three men, surber, brickey and fry. he's from wash state and a real outsider. thats good to have new blood but they have a lot to catch up on in a place like this. secrets are a must here and the history of doing what this town wants when the town hall wants it is what they're use to. they didn't want change. anyway they didn't get rid of hall like they wanted to. in virginia you can be fired for any reason your boss has and they don't have to give you a reason. you're just gone. the same law applies in dc. lump it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becky Minton 3 hr Truth1 1
Jr bowman (Aug '11) 6 hr Nobody 6
Suboxone Clinic 6 hr Nobody 20
The hot sisters that was dancing at festivities... 9 hr bubba 4
Haunted House 10 hr boo 4
Coaching 12 hr Hurry 8
Gossip Central 14 hr loriann 19

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance