Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Apparently Northwood High has been holding a church/prayer meeting in the band room before school this year. As a serious question would another group (non-Christians) be allowed to hold meetings like this? What's everyone's opinion?
what

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh my, that's horrible! Teenagers with morals and a love for God instead of doing drugs and having sex.
pirate pete

Saltville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Apparently Northwood High has been holding a church/prayer meeting in the band room before school this year. As a serious question would another group (non-Christians) be allowed to hold meetings like this? What's everyone's opinion?
if it's voluntary, not lead in any way by school personnel and not interfering with any other activity i have no problem with it.

whether or not some other group would be allowed to hold meetings like this they should be allowed. have other groups asked?
pirate pete

Saltville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
Oh my, that's horrible! Teenagers with morals and a love for God instead of doing drugs and having sex.
the drugs and sex group o̶r̶g&#8 22;y̶ meeting is held after school in the gym. ;-)
old grouch

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

As long as no teacher or sponsor is involved they can pray on school grounds. Get over it.
Wondering

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
Teenagers with morals can exist outside of Christianity my freind. Just because a teen isn't a Christian doesn't mean that they are going to go out and have sex or do drugs...

I'm simply curious as to if another group (worshippers of Satan, or Cthulhu, or even Mustlims, etc) would be allowed to hold similar meetings before school hours on school grounds. Would this be allowed? What does everyone think?
Caring People

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I am sure if the group meets after school and was not sponsored by any school official. The School Board would have to consider it. If not then that group would probably file against the Christian meetings because it is held on school property. That is what I think, but not what I would like see happen.
Wonderng

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Would anyone in the community be opposed to another group holding similar meetings on school grounds? If so, then why?
pirate pete

Saltville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Wonderng wrote:
Would anyone in the community be opposed to another group holding similar meetings on school grounds? If so, then why?
i rekkin' it would all depend on the type of meeting. i would think a chilhowie warriors booster meeting would not go over well but a detailed meeting on how to make and sell meth would be sro. ;-p
bring it back

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I think prayer should be put back in the schools. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
This country was built upon the bible. It's on all currency in the USA and it will stay. Get over it.
Actually

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

bring it back wrote:
I think prayer should be put back in the schools. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
This country was built upon the bible. It's on all currency in the USA and it will stay. Get over it.
This country was built on the backs of dead Native Americans and slaves.
Jimi Chapman

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Schools are for education. If someone wants to worship in school they should be free to do so. Regardless of what faith they practice. The schools cannot promote any religion though. Some of don't believe in God and don't want schools indoctrinating kids with religion. That's a job that should be left up to the parents.
Idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

bring it back wrote:
You are so wrong... this country was built upon freedom of religion because the founders were trying to escape forced religion. If this country was built around Christianity I highly doubt they would have had freedom of religion be a part of this country...
Benjamin Franklin - "lighthouses are more useful than churches"

John Adams - "this would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!"

Thomas Jefferson - "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man"

Know these guys? They are some of this countries founding fathers...
my opinion

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Too bad it isn't "forced religion" maybe we'd have a better society if it were. Religion helps teach people to be better to eachother, to have love & acceptance for one another. Yea too bad!
Idiots

Sweetwater, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

my opinion wrote:
Too bad it isn't "forced religion" maybe we'd have a better society if it were. Religion helps teach people to be better to eachother, to have love & acceptance for one another. Yea too bad!
Religion and acceptance are seldom together...
get real

Lorton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

If kids want to get together and worship let them, but religion should never be forced on to them by anyone. Kids that have religion forced on to them will usually resent it later. Parents should let children make their own choice so long as they still raise them with morals. The "Christians" in this town are mostly hypocrites. You're either a good person or you're not. Christianity shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Bring_God_Back

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

my opinion wrote:
I couldn't agree more. The bibles teachings shows you how to love one another, Unlike the music of today, especially this rap stuff, singing about all kinds of sex, drugs, and stuff. This sure isn't helping the young people of today. Any one with common sense should know that back in the days with more religion, people Were more loving to each other. Compare that to today when they are taking god out of every thing and look at how much worse people treat each other. Yes, the world has changed.
Caring People

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

I think what we might have here are some educated idiots. I am all for bettering ones self....but you should have enough Biblical teaching not to fall for all this trash they teach in school and college. Bible should be taught at home first.....then a child would have a chance to defend it's self against the devil. Oh! please I do not want any of your stupid ranting. If your are a different religion... as long as it is not devil worship....teach it to your child. They need a chance, it is a dark world we are sending our children into, they are your responsibility.
Idiots

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Bring_God_Back wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more. The bibles teachings shows you how to love one another, Unlike the music of today, especially this rap stuff, singing about all kinds of sex, drugs, and stuff. This sure isn't helping the young people of today. Any one with common sense should know that back in the days with more religion, people Were more loving to each other. Compare that to today when they are taking god out of every thing and look at how much worse people treat each other. Yes, the world has changed.
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

There is just 2 of many violent/demeaning bible verses that teach so much love for one another... the bible teaches only this. Love god or fear his wrath. This book is nothing more than a broken piece of literature. Its not even consistent within itself...
Idiots

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Bring_God_Back wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't agree more. The bibles teachings shows you how to love one another, Unlike the music of today, especially this rap stuff, singing about all kinds of sex, drugs, and stuff. This sure isn't helping the young people of today. Any one with common sense should know that back in the days with more religion, people Were more loving to each other. Compare that to today when they are taking god out of every thing and look at how much worse people treat each other. Yes, the world has changed.
By the way the bible was full of drugs, sex and violence long before rap music...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mara Clark (Cannon) 4 min fast women 7
Accepting Donations to help recovering addict I... 1 hr mmm 13
Northwood foall coach 2 hr Coach Frye Suppor... 12
New Taco-Bell and KFC 17 hr porker 3
ring gurl 17 hr porker 7
BBQ Boogie Forum Mon Duh 7
Boycott Saltville (CorruptTown Council) (May '12) Mon our town 299

Search the Saltville Forum:
•••
•••