Saltville Ghosts
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ghost curious

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Aug 9, 2010
I know there has been a topic posted on this subject before, but I'm still curious about more experiences anyone may have had with unexplained sights or sounds. I've heard about the stonehouse, Tumbling, and Stillhouse. Has anyone had any other strange unexplained things happen to them in other places? What about down on the river?
spooky

United States

#2 Aug 9, 2010
On certain calm nights, you can here screams and moans of dispair coming from the muck dam on river road. On a night in october, can't remember the day but you can her a civil war battle at the buckeye overlook. Just a few things I've heard.

Since: Jul 10

Nashville, TN

#3 Aug 10, 2010
ive heard some like screams and moans from down in the pines behind the round church in the real late evenings during the summer. and im not the only one who has heard these either. there has been several others who has heard the same. so im not sure what it is and no one has said anything else about it. it happened like two years ago or a little longer when we all heard it. so its hard to tell. thats the only thing that i have heard while living here. ive heard of a few houses being haunted and stories being told about them, but thats all.
ghost curious

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Which round church are you talking about?, I haven't heard anything about that. That sounds interesting to check out, although I wouldn't want to run into anything there, lol.

Nashville, TN

#5 Aug 11, 2010
the round church in the gap. me and several other ppl has heard the sounds, but you dont hear them all the time. its just once in a blue moon you'll hear strange sounds. me and my mom both has heard them. but i havent heard of anything being haunted or ghosts being there, but those sounds were scary. and it wasnt no dog or anything, cause you can tell. there are a few old houses down there from back in the day, but like i say i havent hear of anythingbeing haunted
angel

Nashville, TN

#6 Aug 11, 2010
the moans and groans you are hearing at those places is SPD and the teenage girls they are hiding around with what better place than these not to get caught

Nashville, TN

#7 Aug 14, 2010
angel wrote:
the moans and groans you are hearing at those places is SPD and the teenage girls they are hiding around with what better place than these not to get caught
whatever!
Here goes

Hermitage, TN

#8 Aug 14, 2010
Last year had an image in a window of a wolflike thing,inbred jutted jaw and all.Looked like a werewolf with a confederate hat on its head.Gone now.Called it mountain man.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 16, 2010
I have heard that the high school is haunted by a student that died in a car crash. Supposedly, there are shadows and whispering in the halls late at night. It is also a fact that the school was built on either a native american settlement or burial ground. So that may contribute to the haunting factor.
angel

Nashville, TN

#10 Aug 18, 2010
I heard Simon haunt's the town hall and you can hear his key's jingle at midnight and you can feel a cold breeze pass by that will put chill's on your skin.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 23, 2010
ghost curious wrote:
I know there has been a topic posted on this subject before, but I'm still curious about more experiences anyone may have had with unexplained sights or sounds. I've heard about the stonehouse, Tumbling, and Stillhouse. Has anyone had any other strange unexplained things happen to them in other places? What about down on the river?
I've heard of sightings of the black dog down on the river. Down at the muck dam one night in the 60's some of us kids were parked, and we saw a car light on the other side of the dam,but not like a car of today. There was no road over there where the car was. There have been some ghost stories on river road. There was the story about the shootin of a young man down on the river, they put the body in an old building with no windows until the magistrate got there, when they opened the door, there were big black cats with eyes like fire and they made terrible screams, I've heard it from people who went up there and put the body in the building. There was no way the cats could have got in. Cats will attack a corpse. People use to sit up with the dead at night to keep the cats run off.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 23, 2010
i love this wrote:
ive heard some like screams and moans from down in the pines behind the round church in the real late evenings during the summer. and im not the only one who has heard these either. there has been several others who has heard the same. so im not sure what it is and no one has said anything else about it. it happened like two years ago or a little longer when we all heard it. so its hard to tell. thats the only thing that i have heard while living here. ive heard of a few houses being haunted and stories being told about them, but thats all.
You could have heard a mountain lion, I've heard they scream like a woman. A baby deer makes a strange sound too, like a baby crying. A frog in danger makes a weird sound, like a small child. that is scary, when you don't see him. I've heard the old story of Raw bones and bloodyhead, was in the gap on the cliff a prospector fell to his death, use to be they'd tell about his ghost.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#13 Aug 23, 2010
angel wrote:
I heard Simon haunt's the town hall and you can hear his key's jingle at midnight and you can feel a cold breeze pass by that will put chill's on your skin.
I don't think its simon, I don't think he'd want to come back there.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#14 Aug 23, 2010
When uncle Dab Chapman was a young man, they wore big wide ties. There was the story about a woman would get on the horse behind you down in the gap, uncle Dab was walking fast and he could feel someone tapping him on the back, he run, they tapped harder, out of breath up on the skillet, he stopped, whatever could just catch him, when he stopped so did the tapping, he got to lookin' and his tie had got turned around over his shoulder, it was tapping him.
Daisy

Nashville, TN

#15 Aug 23, 2010
ghost curious wrote:
Down on the river, at the old Henrytown bridge that use to go across to go down on the river, a man had his throat cut, and was thrown off the bridge.There was a town just down the river from the plant, and it was destroyed when the muck dam broke, there were many people killed on both sides of the river.People have reported seein' a wagon and a civil war soldier down through perryville. Down the river there has been many tragedys, it's a wonderful setting for ghost stories.
Here goes

Hermitage, TN

#16 Aug 24, 2010
Here goes wrote:
Last year had an image in a window of a wolflike thing,inbred jutted jaw and all.Looked like a werewolf with a confederate hat on its head.Gone now.Called it mountain man.
This is not meant to be a joke,it is fact.
Suzie

Nashville, TN

#17 Aug 28, 2010
I've heard of things people come across that they couldn't explain. one man told about being back in Tumbling cove around what they call the muck, where he was deer hunting, not finding a deer he was coming off the mountain and saw a bear on two legs duck to go under a branch, when he got down to where the bear ducked to go under, he couldn't reach, and he's over 6ft. He got himself out of there. Another group of hunters, had a bear out run their dogs on 2 feet. An elderly gentleman down the valley talked about running across the tracks of old kettlefoot. He could outrun the dogs on 2's also.
Suzie

Nashville, TN

#18 Aug 28, 2010
i love this wrote:
the round church in the gap. me and several other ppl has heard the sounds, but you dont hear them all the time. its just once in a blue moon you'll hear strange sounds. me and my mom both has heard them. but i havent heard of anything being haunted or ghosts being there, but those sounds were scary. and it wasnt no dog or anything, cause you can tell. there are a few old houses down there from back in the day, but like i say i havent hear of anythingbeing haunted
Down in the pines use to be a place kids hung out. Sound carries, and in the hollow it could echo someway from the houses there.
Suzie

Nashville, TN

#19 Aug 28, 2010
i love this wrote:
Have you ever heard cats mating, they make all kinds of sounds that would scare the devil out of you if you can't see them. Another thing that makes a strange noise is a racoon. A possum will hiss.
saltville

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Aug 28, 2010
there is a book at the library that has saltville ghost stories in it. It is hard to get, you have to have your name put on a list, but it has stories about a witch in stillhouse hollar, a headless dog in buckeye, and some kind of ghost that haunts an area of the woods near tumbling because it thinks you are after its gold among many others

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saltville board of supervisors race 3 hr Commish 4
Private 4 hr Tubby 35
Little League do the right thing (Oct '16) 4 hr Monineak Hindenburg 100
Football 4 hr Tubby 34
Confederate statues 4 hr Righty 1
Town Management (Aug '16) 4 hr Big Bill 202
Amy Mitchell 5 hr Ollie 7

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance