First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Panther fan

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2013
Anyone know who won the football game between northwood and narrows?
Northwood Alum

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 24, 2013
northwood 37, narrows 22
football man

Knoxville, TN

#4 Sep 9, 2013
what was that thing the head coach of northwood did when he was trying to get marion to jump off side pretty dume thing to do need new coach and they might win a game.
pitiful

United States

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Worse thing about it for me is the horrible fans we have, praters I love you all but it's time to chill just a lil no more belligerent screaming, makes everybody around you uncomfortable and doesn't help the boys
football man

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 15, 2013
I do not know what you are talking aboutbut I have been at others games not football but I have heard them scream at Jason I hope I am right about the same kid you are talking about. and I agree they should just let the boy play he is good in all sports but they should just stand up and scream when he does something good not holler at him all the time. I have seen about all the prater kids play sports for a lone time and it seames like it is the same praters that does that. I have seen other prater kids play and there parents do not do. that I have heard they are all close kin. let that kid have fun highschool does not last for aver. and if I am not wrong this year is his last. so if I were them I would let hem have some fun. it is hard on a kid to be screamed at all the time and I say it makes him fell bad when he is with the other kids. so please let up and let the boy play. I still say they need a new head coach what game I saw he done some bad play calling. but it seems like that's been going on a long time with all the coachs over there. well that all from the football man hope I did not make any body mad but if I did I guess that's the way life is.
old timer

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Sep 15, 2013
The coach still calls and prepares like their on the 8th grade level. Don't mean be cruel but that's it. The kids will tell you when they do throw a pass he tells the QB who to throw it to. Needs to be taught how to read a defense.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#8 Sep 16, 2013
They say he has a play book a foot deep. I don't think they run in any practices all they do is run plays. That's why they are dead in the fourth quarter. They need a new coach and all the fans know it, but that's there team not mine. But it hurts the kids that try so hard. But old timer you are right.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#9 Sep 25, 2013
wish yall luck Friday night. but we will beat yawl and yall know it. but marion did yall wrong they are a bad team but they will get theirs.see you at the game.
local yokel

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 25, 2013
I wouldn't be so sure football man..Chilhowie caught Marion off guard first game but they are not that good of a team. Northwood by 7..
Oh my

Canton, GA

#11 Sep 25, 2013
Why is it that so many of you hokey dips are so enamored with teenaged football?

Get a job that doesn't pay by the hour.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#12 Sep 25, 2013
I think you are wrong Chilhowie are real . I am very glade marion went down. but watch out chil will bite you I hope the coaches call the dogs off early no use doing what marion did to the panthers.but chil 28 panthers 8.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#13 Sep 25, 2013
oh my what do you do sell popcorn and what is a honkey dips. well I guess I got to ask dip to find out. what it i don't know any around here just goodold people. if you don't like football that's to bad but I guess we all cant be dips
Oh my

Canton, GA

#14 Sep 26, 2013
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hokey

I meant what I wrote, honky.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#15 Sep 26, 2013
oh my you must have highschool football and little leage mess up. highschool football is a mans game. I would say you did not play you could not make the team but all of us are not football plays. not a thing wrong with that.but I still don't know what a honky is. but most of the men down here are red necks and proud of it.so there is no line between a redneck and a honky what ever a honky is. so you watch what you wont to and we will watch what. we wont to.and everything will be ok. glad to talk to you from the football man. and I mean what I write and write what I mean. have a nice day.
Oh my

Canton, GA

#16 Sep 26, 2013
If you ever find yourself not obsessing over amateur sports as if it were the NFL could you please re-post your last message in English?
football man

Knoxville, TN

#17 Sep 26, 2013
well I know I cant write to good but I think you know what I mean. To me the NFL is nothing but about money and I think some of the games are bought off. This is just my thinking. May not be but money talks and bull walks. High school football games are played hard but they don't play for money they play for a trophy. So watch what you like and we will watch what we like. No need calling each other names so do have a nice day. football man
Saltville native

Washington, DC

#18 Sep 26, 2013
You people are idiots! Do you realize what this coach has to deal with? For starters, there's only 260 kids enrolled at Northwood! Imagine how hard it is to have a team in a school that small! Not only does he have a team, he has a pretty darn good team that beats every school the same size. But you idiots think he should beat a school like Marion with 800 kids! Get real! People like you are the reason good coaches like him quit! You get on these stupid websites and sit in the stands yelling and showing your stupidity! I no longer sit near the Praters at ball games for this very reason! They do yell, but they don't yell at their son, they yell at the coach. They think they have the answer for everything! You people need to get a life and quit trying to run off good, hardworking coaches that really care about these boys.
football man

Knoxville, TN

#19 Sep 27, 2013
If you think I am one of the idiots you are wrong. I have pulled for the Warriors all my life. Yes I read all about the Prater's yelling at the games and I read that on this site. I read the Prater's yell at the coaches and not at the boy. I think the Prater boy is one of the best in the district. Northwood has got a fired up team but they need to put some hard work in and some pride. Maybe some day they will get there pride back. But you have got to go 100% all game long. That's why we win!
That's all from the Football Man have a nice night.
Chilhowie 38-Northwood 14
football man

Knoxville, TN

#20 Sep 28, 2013
That was some ballgame! I hate a fight broke out and boys got kicked out. I would have liked to have seen both teams with all the boys playing but I guess that's football. I'am glad Chilhowie won but you could feel the electricity in the air when you went through the gates. I give Northwood credit the first half was a hell of one. Well got to go that's all from the football man. Have a nice day. GO WARRIORS!!
Panther fan

Warsaw, VA

#21 Sep 28, 2013
If I was the coach I'd say to heck with it all after last night's joke of a game. Panthers would've won and chilhowie knew that and did whatever they had to do to stop it! There will be more repercussions before it's over. Chilhowie thought there was gonna be a blowout and when that didn't happen, they had to pull out their dirty tricks! Sorry excuse for a team! We have the best coach in the whole area who teaches our kids that respect and honor are more important than winning! Go Big Blue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poo tang 2 hr Big johnson 1
Football 3 hr move to another s... 14
The High School 3 hr Long Season 69
Name your top 5 bands ever. 5 hr Swollen 6
Greatest football player in northwood history (Jan '17) 21 hr Clashes Day Clay 32
In love with himself Wed Reality 8
Delivery Man (Sep '16) Tue Who u 4

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saltville Mortgages