"Scenic" Saltville
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

#1 May 13, 2009
The sign acroos 107 says "Welcome to Scenic Saltville." If you get a chance to walk the "scenic" salt trail down towards Allison Gap Road, look back towards town at what they have done to the hillside to pay for that new stage and wonderful wave pool. It used to be scenic, even beautiful, but not now. Clear cutting those "scenic" hills for money. What next town council and mayor, how about closing the ball parks and paving it over for golf course parking?
That will surely bring more tourism to the area, and when they are done cutting the hillsides, more people will want to come and see the scenic brown hills of Saltville. Shame on you Town of Saltville.
Don

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 13, 2009
I agree...
the prick

Paducah, KY

#3 May 13, 2009
they could pave the golf course but then the town council or mayor would have no where to drink and play with their balls
the way I see it

Paducah, KY

#4 May 14, 2009
I agree that clear cutting the sides of the hills looks horrible. I mean really, cutting the trees, taking up the train tracks and getting rid of the trains.... Shame, shame
Wrathcchild3777

Earlysville, VA

#5 May 14, 2009
I agree, maybe what they need to do is change the sign on 107 to "WELCOME TO THE SCENIC AREA OF SALTVILLE" and then at the end of 107, right before you actually get into town have another that reads "NOW LEAVING THE SCENIC PART OF SALTVILLE" that would be more realistic....
lil mamaws neighbor

Nashville, TN

#6 May 14, 2009
The real reason people don't come to Satville is because you don't know what kind of crazy shit the cops will try to pull.
And of course our Fine Fine mayor. He is just as bad as Steve and the rest of his gang for allowing all of this criminal behavior to go on.
I do agree that is was a bad idea to log all of the trees, but look at the idiots we have running this town.
They probably sold part of that timber to pay off the bad checks that they have been writing here lately. Or to pay for Landon's wife a car, since she got caught driving the confiscated one.
nevermind

Paducah, KY

#7 Jun 5, 2009
lil mamaws neighbor wrote:
The real reason people don't come to Satville is because you don't know what kind of crazy shit the cops will try to pull.
And of course our Fine Fine mayor. He is just as bad as Steve and the rest of his gang for allowing all of this criminal behavior to go on.
I do agree that is was a bad idea to log all of the trees, but look at the idiots we have running this town.
They probably sold part of that timber to pay off the bad checks that they have been writing here lately. Or to pay for Landon's wife a car, since she got caught driving the confiscated one.
That is the real reason why alot of people don't come to the town. If you have seen it once you may not want to see it again. They have had the same old same old running the town for to long. As for the Mayor some people he can't
look in the face.
Free Advice

Rice, VA

#8 Jun 5, 2009
The Woolynater wrote:
The sign acroos 107 says "Welcome to Scenic Saltville." If you get a chance to walk the "scenic" salt trail down towards Allison Gap Road, look back towards town at what they have done to the hillside to pay for that new stage and wonderful wave pool. It used to be scenic, even beautiful, but not now. Clear cutting those "scenic" hills for money. What next town council and mayor, how about closing the ball parks and paving it over for golf course parking?
That will surely bring more tourism to the area, and when they are done cutting the hillsides, more people will want to come and see the scenic brown hills of Saltville. Shame on you Town of Saltville.
Paid for the wave pool and renovations to the Golf Club House, but not a penny for the stage. It's horrible!!! Thanks Todd, Neil, and Lugs!
little mommaw

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2009
It seems that everything that goes wrong,a few of you want to blame the spd for it. If anything would stop the tourish from coming to Saltville would be the group that sits on the parking lot around the ball field, with nothing to do. As far as tourish are concerded they could be a gang just waiting for them. That's the way city people think,
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jun 5, 2009
the prick wrote:
they could pave the golf course but then the town council or mayor would have no where to drink and play with their balls
Who r u and what have u done with or life to criticize the mayor and others....or do u just sit and hide behind ur computer and ur regrets and fuss about everything u didnt do yourself???
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jun 5, 2009
nevermind wrote:
<quoted text>That is the real reason why alot of people don't come to the town. If you have seen it once you may not want to see it again. They have had the same old same old running the town for to long. As for the Mayor some people he can't
look in the face.
Maybe hes too busy, afterall, what the mayor has on his plate is what most men from saltville would run and hide from. He must not have represented u or probably beat ur ass in court!
nevermind

Paducah, KY

#12 Jun 5, 2009
Thingsthatmakeugohmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe hes too busy, afterall, what the mayor has on his plate is what most men from saltville would run and hide from. He must not have represented u or probably beat ur ass in court!
Nope never had to face him. But had a friend that went to court with the liar cops. She beat there butt in court and ran in to Mayor in fast food place and he could not even look at her. He new who she was. I bet she is the only person they have ever got for trespassing in the Town Hall. When she was really outside on the walk when they arrested her. Want to know the story. Go to the Smyth County News and look under Forums. The name Surber and Police Department.
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jun 6, 2009
U know I have been treated like crap, crap, crap with some cops in saltville, but I realized what I was up against--cops! I did not run to the mayor nor did I do anything---couldve, but did not. I simply stayed away--but my beef was not with the mayor, nor did I want to complicate what was already a bad situation, it was with the cop---u cant win--but you can sit back and wait for things to come back around, and they did.

I just render blame where it is necessary---I do believe in the mayor--and I do know and remember who he is and what he stands for---things turn out right, and I am sorry for what I said in the earlier posts--maybe brought back a tender issue for me but tell ur friend that the wrongs in this world can be corrected with time---I am living proof!

I dont need to look on a forum to read about someone else's misfortune---I hate that things are out there for others to read and not know the entire story---except for sexual offenders, we all should know about those deviants and be able to protect our kids and families!
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jun 6, 2009
nevermind wrote:
<quoted text> Nope never had to face him. But had a friend that went to court with the liar cops. She beat there butt in court and ran in to Mayor in fast food place and he could not even look at her. He new who she was. I bet she is the only person they have ever got for trespassing in the Town Hall. When she was really outside on the walk when they arrested her. Want to know the story. Go to the Smyth County News and look under Forums. The name Surber and Police Department.
I am sorry, nevermind!
nevermind

Paducah, KY

#15 Jun 6, 2009
<quoted text>
I am sorry, nevermind!
You don't have to tell me you are sorry for anything. I have a heart. Just some people don't understand why the Mayor just does not get rid of these guys and let them continue to do what they want to do. Why would you want to uphold what people think are bad? I'm sure my friend is not the only one that has been done wrong in this town. I'm sure the Mayor has the right to say who stays and who goes. And what I have heard this has been going on for years. Good people have got hurt for no reason. Saltville is a good place, but it could be better. There are wonderful people in this town. I know a few of them. People talk. They know what is right and what is wrong, but it seems like no one wants to do anything about it for some reason. Thanks for being nice.
the prick

Hermitage, TN

#16 Jun 6, 2009
<quoted text>
Who r u and what have u done with or life to criticize the mayor and others....or do u just sit and hide behind ur computer and ur regrets and fuss about everything u didnt do yourself???
u must just be on of his golf buddies or all of them i dont fuss about what i havent done because ive done all ive ever stepped out to do been around the world 3 times so been there done that so u can sux it!!!!!!!!!!
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jun 8, 2009
the prick wrote:
<quoted text>u must just be on of his golf buddies or all of them i dont fuss about what i havent done because ive done all ive ever stepped out to do been around the world 3 times so been there done that so u can sux it!!!!!!!!!!
I can suck it, huh?? You must have learned that expression on one of your world wide excursions!
Thingsthatmakeug ohmmm

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jun 8, 2009
nevermind wrote:
<quoted text> You don't have to tell me you are sorry for anything. I have a heart. Just some people don't understand why the Mayor just does not get rid of these guys and let them continue to do what they want to do. Why would you want to uphold what people think are bad? I'm sure my friend is not the only one that has been done wrong in this town. I'm sure the Mayor has the right to say who stays and who goes. And what I have heard this has been going on for years. Good people have got hurt for no reason. Saltville is a good place, but it could be better. There are wonderful people in this town. I know a few of them. People talk. They know what is right and what is wrong, but it seems like no one wants to do anything about it for some reason. Thanks for being nice.
Yeah, im with ya 100% on that!
the prick

Hermitage, TN

#19 Jun 8, 2009
yeah the navy tought us a lot of different words i got one more for f**k off
nevermind

Paducah, KY

#20 Jun 8, 2009
the prick wrote:
yeah the navy tought us a lot of different words i got one more for f**k off
What's up with you guys? Be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Saltville Council for.... 8 hr day to day 49
randall davidson (Jul '16) 11 hr Dangerous people ... 33
Place to Park 20 hr Crack Is Back 6
Rich valley fair (Aug '16) 23 hr OldTimer 45
Greatest Football Coach (Sep '16) Thu Dont Worry Be Happy 16
Little League do the right thing (Oct '16) Thu Kate Musselwhite 71
Is it Still Open Apr 23 Leather Lizard 7

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance