Praying for u all
Jesus Saves

Montross, VA

#1 Feb 23, 2013
I am not going to talk about anyone on here. I am just going to pray for you all and hope that y'all can see that nothing good comes from talking about others.
God bless!
Science Works

Glade Spring, VA

#2 Feb 23, 2013
Another mind lost to religion. I am deeply sorry and shall think for you.
crazy

Martinsville, VA

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Science Works wrote:
Another mind lost to religion. I am deeply sorry and shall think for you.
People like you scare me!
Jesus Saves

Glade Spring, VA

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Science works because God allows it. God gave us people like you that don't believe to try and find answers to things that people like us don't question so that we know it is true. Example; scientist went to mount Ararat to find out if in fact that it had been covered with water. You see, God had already told us that it was true. We didn't find the need to question it; however, when the scientist did discover that it was true, it just gave us all the more faith in God.
Thank you God for giving us the scientist in our lives.
Disciple

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 24, 2013
@ Science Works...I pray for you....
Proverbs 18:15-24
English Standard Version (ESV)
15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge,
and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
16 A man's gift makes room for him
and brings him before the great.
So if you read and understand this, science is a good thing. The definition of science is this
Science is the concerted human effort to understand, or to understand better, the history of the natural world and how the natural world works, with observable physical evidence as the basis of that understanding1. It is done through observation of natural phenomena, and/or through experimentation that tries to simulate natural processes under controlled conditions.It means that science does not presently, and probably never can, give statements of absolute eternal truth - it only provides theories.
While the bible gives factual statement. Here's some proof I offer up to you biblical fact. That it took scientist research and observation to conclude. You will need a bible or you can find the reference scriptures online..
#1 The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true - "He hangs the earth on nothing."
2.- Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.
3.- The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.
4.- When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water.
5.- Sanitation industry birthed (Deuteronomy 23:12-13). Some 3,500 years ago God commanded His people to have a place outside the camp where they could relieve themselves. They were to each carry a shovel so that they could dig a hole (latrine) and cover their waste. Up until World War I, more soldiers died from disease than war because they did not isolate human waste.
6.- Oceans contain springs (Job 38:16). The ocean is very deep. Almost all the ocean floor is in total darkness and the pressure there is enormous. It would have been impossible for Job to have explored the "springs of the sea." Until recently, it was thought that oceans were fed only by rivers and rain. Yet in the 1970s, with the help of deep diving research submarines that were constructed to withstand 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch pressure, oceanographers discovered springs on the ocean floors!
7.- There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea.
8.- Joy and gladness understood (Acts 14:17). Evolution cannot explain emotions. Matter and energy do not feel. Scripture explains that God places gladness in our hearts (Psalm 4:7), and ultimate joy is found only in our Creator's presence - "in Your presence is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).
9.- Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled" and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that "the life of the flesh is in the blood" long before science understood its function.
Yes I pray for you to attain more knowledge and become wise. But Scientist have never proven that God doesn't exsist, but God has given us Science and he's the tops in his field may the peace of Christ be within your heart. God bless
Disciple

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 24, 2013
@ Science Works...Here are a list of Scientist that have concluded that creation is real.Astronomer
Dr Danny Faulkner, Associate Professor at
the University of South Carolina – Lancaster,
teaches physics and astronomy. He has
published about two dozen papers in various
astronomy and astrophysics journals.
Dr Faulkner rejects the popular beliefs in
concepts such as the “big bang” and “billions of years”, pointing
out that there are no observations in astronomy that disprove the
Genesis account, and there are some which support a recent
creation of the earth and universe.

Dr Keith Wanser is Professor of Physics
at California State University, Fullerton. His
research interests lie in fibre-optic sensing
techniques, experimental and theoretical
condensed matter physics and basic theories
of matter.
Dr Wanser says that people have had phrases like “evolution
is fact” and “everybody knows that the world is old” drummed into
them “like a mindless mantra”. The evidence, he says,“is far more
in favour of a recent six-day creation and a global Flood than of an
old earth and evolution. People look at the sort of science that put
man on the moon and they put these “big bang” theories in the
same basket. They’re unaware of all the speculation and uncertainty
(even rule-bending) there is in physical theories of origins.”

There are many more...this is how SCIENCE WORKS
Disciple

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Science Works wrote:
Another mind lost to religion. I am deeply sorry and shall think for you.
I have responded to your comment below. I have offered up my side ,now if you can prove that Science is the only way.Then you commented on the bible,that all who read/believe in the bible have lost their minds...Prove it....that is if Science does work??
Science Works

Glade Spring, VA

#9 Mar 4, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wonderful video. for you guys.
Disciple

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 5, 2013
Science Works wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=r 6w2M50_Xdk
Wonderful video. for you guys.
Your point is what sir?
Science Works

Glade Spring, VA

#12 Mar 5, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is what sir?
Watch the video. The point is clear. Also, you respond fast, do you spend all of your time on topix. Also it you shouldn't assume that everyone on here is a man.
Disciple

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 5, 2013
I watched the video and it along with your view is asinine. Also the amount of time I spend doing anything is not your concern. You say that the video clearly makes your point clear,I still ask "What is your point? Be clear on this point! It does me no good to try and change a clueless individual(male or female).I do apologize for assuming your sex male or female.It doesn't matter though God loves you no matter what! No matter your opinion of me or faith I pray for you and love you as well. God bless you.
whattha

Milledgeville, GA

#14 Mar 17, 2013
So many things in the Bible have been explained however it may take science and physics years to catch up.
Take Ezekiel, chapters 10 and 11.
Cloning of animals and people. And the lamb shall lie down with the lion and shall both eat straw. Science is working with DNA. Science took the DNA of a spider, cloned it with a goat. The milk fibers are stronger than steel.
Ted

Glade Spring, VA

#15 Mar 20, 2013
whattha wrote:
So many things in the Bible have been explained however it may take science and physics years to catch up.
Take Ezekiel, chapters 10 and 11.
Cloning of animals and people. And the lamb shall lie down with the lion and shall both eat straw. Science is working with DNA. Science took the DNA of a spider, cloned it with a goat. The milk fibers are stronger than steel.
Well, it's good to know things are looking up for the lambs...
GOD

Max Meadows, VA

#16 Mar 23, 2013
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's good to know things are looking up for the lambs...
Aren't they the ones that are following Obama?
GOD

Max Meadows, VA

#17 Mar 23, 2013
whattha wrote:
So many things in the Bible have been explained however it may take science and physics years to catch up.
Take Ezekiel, chapters 10 and 11.
Cloning of animals and people. And the lamb shall lie down with the lion and shall both eat straw. Science is working with DNA. Science took the DNA of a spider, cloned it with a goat. The milk fibers are stronger than steel.
And your theory is weaker than shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cute guy at food country 7 hr Hogg 1
Jail Time? 9 hr Water Boy 2
Marina Gross 12 hr Laughing even harder 4
Prevert 15 hr sick and tired 3
McCready Sun Mayor 3
Michael Smith (Oct '14) Sun candid 55
Rick Romans CPD (Nov '10) Sun candid 68
More from around the web

Saltville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]