First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Hey, just bought next year season passes for Emerald Pointe wet-n-wild waterpark, a MILLION gallon wave pool with 38 super killer waterslides. Everything from a 76 foot bonsai drop to a mile long lazy river, to a dragon slide, a totaly dark slide etc. Live bands every weekend. plus season ticket holders get in one day of the year no one else is allowed in and get big cookout fully furnished FREE. Plus for everypass you buy you get 3 bring a guest tickets so your buddies can get in with ya free during holidays) Season passes for all of this is $54 each!!!! Now how much is a season pass to one lonely wave pool in Saltville?

Saltville

#2 Aug 31, 2009
ohhh..and they don't run anyone out of the water to "break" EVER!!!!
none ya

Rice, VA

#3 Aug 31, 2009
it ya don't like it, don't go!!!!!!!!!!
Who Knows

Paducah, KY

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Where's it located at
get real

Nashville, TN

#5 Aug 31, 2009
why dont you all move to Greensboro, NC, and pay your 54 dollars, we still love saltville, and the wave pool, and the efforts that the town has made to make this town better.so move on out we dont care, and by the way spend 54 dollars for a season ticket and around 50 dollars everytime you go to greensboro, that adds up to more than what you pay here, very smart very smart

Saltville

#6 Aug 31, 2009
thanks, I found it smart also...never said I din't like Saltville, If I didnt like it and all you wonderfull people i wouldn't live here. hell, I have even took up for Saltville and Smyth County in tons of post....all I done was try to mention what i found to be a great buy for a hell of a good time for my family in todays togh times...what was wrong with that? I do not care for the wave pool, thus I don't go much, but occasionally take kids. The get out every few minutes really pisses me off, but that is my opinion, am I not entitled to it? I do however fequent damascus pool, great time, great lifeguards, very responsible with NO time out for breaks, they play games wiyth the kids not just toot their whistles, great cookout area, come and go as you please, fire up a grill and make a day of it. But once again, just my opinion, and unless Obama gets his way i am entitled to voice my opinion same as any of you. Leave it to the 'topix heads' to take what I considered good news and a great bargain and twist it into something to cut someone down with....but hey...I love you all anyways.

Saltville

#7 Aug 31, 2009
Ohh, and ya get what ya pay for....if whatever the wave pool in Saltville cost for just one little pool that shuts down every few minutes is your thing, go and be happy, but i will pay a few bucks more for 38 water slides and drive a few miles....my family is worth it and I am not too lazzy to drive for them. Besides I can't look them in the eyes and lie and say "lets just go to Saltville wave pool, it's the best", but I can see how some could, specially if they are too lazy to drive or just don't care enough about their kids to want the best for them, maybe just want to drop them off to get them "outta your hair" but hey....whatever floats your boat....
Who Knows

Paducah, KY

#8 Aug 31, 2009
Glad you have the money to burn for gas.We'll just stay arond here.I thought they had finally put something close,who wants to drive that far with a bunch of children,unless you are staying a few day.Thanks anyway
oooyougotserved

Nashville, TN

#9 Sep 1, 2009
Get Real is that really you? I haven't heard from you in a while. How are things going? I would love to chat with you. Take care and hope to see you soon!
wave pool

Apo, AA

#10 Sep 4, 2009
the wave pool rocks
kiwiguy

Richmond, VA

#11 Sep 4, 2009
Does it hurt to be that stupid?
wrathchild3777 wrote:
Ohh, and ya get what ya pay for....if whatever the wave pool in Saltville cost for just one little pool that shuts down every few minutes is your thing, go and be happy, but i will pay a few bucks more for 38 water slides and drive a few miles....my family is worth it and I am not too lazzy to drive for them. Besides I can't look them in the eyes and lie and say "lets just go to Saltville wave pool, it's the best", but I can see how some could, specially if they are too lazy to drive or just don't care enough about their kids to want the best for them, maybe just want to drop them off to get them "outta your hair" but hey....whatever floats your boat....

Saltville

#12 Sep 4, 2009
kiwiguy wrote:
Does it hurt to be that stupid?
<quoted text>
How would I know? You tell me!!!
the way I see it

Paducah, KY

#13 Sep 6, 2009
I just heard on the news, the wavepool made money this year.... and they may expand it into a lazy river where the old playground is now located......any thoughts...
easternbaby

United States

#14 Sep 6, 2009
Me & my family went to the wave pool 1 time last year & it SUCKED big time,but this is my opinion.We bought a family swim pass at the Coome Cntr. which was cheaper, DUH , & more for the kids to do.
oooyougotserved

Nashville, TN

#15 Sep 7, 2009
Wow saw the wave pool on the news this morning. I guess today is the last day until next year. I also seen that there was going to be a lazy river coming soon...That should bring in more visitors!?!

Saltville

#16 Sep 10, 2009
Just got back from Emerald point Wet and Wild, had a great time, so much to do, we where that at opening and stayed till closing and still didn't have time to enjoy all it had to offer. The Dragons Lair was AWESOME!!! A million gallon wavepool that NEVER shuts down for breaks was killer also. Huge 5 foot waves at the far end. Several restuarants open and charging a reasonable price (cheaper then Abingdon Cinamall anyways) from hot dogs and pizza to fresh funnel cakes, soda, lemonade and ice cream. Staff was so nice and friendly. Was approached by staff several times and asked if we where having fun..now that means alot to be. Live band was nice also, tossing t-shirts into the crowd and all, was country music..but hey, it can't all be perfect..lol One thing I found kinda funnt was that the beach volleyball courts where packes all day. Goes to show how much enjoyment can be had from a pile of sand and a net...now what happened to the Saltville tennis courts again? maybe instead of a lazy river they should just grab some sand and a net, and i am bieng serious here not sarcastic. They need to surrener the idea that they are going to compete with a actaull waterpark when a true waterpark is bigger then the town and try to add some fun and cost efficient things into their theme. I would truly love to see Saltville wave pool become a killer place to take the kids and hang out...but it is not there yet in my humble opinion. How many hours of sitting on a float going up and down left and right can anyone actually enjoy, specially when you get tossed out and can't even do that so lifeguards can 'take a break" leaving you sitting and staring at a empty pool. Oh well, like I say if that type of simplistic enjoyment is your thing then God bless ya and have a great time...but it just ain't for me. Comparing the wavepool to Wet-n-wild is like comparing roller skates to a corvette....but i do realize that some people like roller skates...
bfd

Hermitage, TN

#17 Sep 11, 2009
why in the hell dont you just move there all you do is put down evrey thing down around here s***head

Saltville

#18 Sep 11, 2009
bfd wrote:
why in the hell dont you just move there all you do is put down evrey thing down around here s***head
Why in the hell don't you kiss my big hairy @ss? I live exactly where i want to live. Just because I find a pool where you bounce up and down front and back for a few minutes then sit beside it while lifeguards break sad as hell and want to share my opinion with others does not give you the right to act like a child that has been told his new toy sucks and start callng names. I was simply stating what I consider a good time for a reasonable price. C'mon, you would have to be stupid to even try to say that the one little pool campares to a waterpark....its like comparing roller skates to a corvette.But hell, go ahead and think up some more 9 year olds sayings, cuss me, call me names, whatever gets your rocks off. Someone who would call someone a s***head for having a opinion is exactly the kind of person that would be satisfied to hand out at the wavepool anyway. Also, I have never put down anything in or about saltville except the wavepool and fools that call names on topix.
you are just hateful

Goode, VA

#19 Sep 11, 2009
Maybe because your ass is big and hairy? not calling names, just restating what you've said, and gee.. that must make it fact. Damn near every single post you've written either contains comments complaining about saltville, complaining about chilhowie, or just plain complaining (especially about people, but never yourself). If I was that unhappy or disappointed with my surroundings as you appear to be, I'd either slit my wrists and solve the problem or pack my shit and leave!Maybe YOU think you're happy here, but are you, or are you just happy when you are making other people miserable with your incessent whining?
If you don't like the wave pool, stay out of it and shut up about it, or at least quit being so redundant and find something new to harp on. You've made your point. You'd rather spend $70 in gas to drive down there and back, and $54 for your season ticket than the admission for 1 day at Saltville.
However, the wave pool does bring in revenue for the town, and DOES give the kids something to do. So you hate that the lifeguards get the kids out of the pool to take a break? Would you rather them leave the kids in the pool and one of them drown while they were on break? NO? Well, would you offer to try to keep an eye on that many children at once? It's high liability.. and I would think that if you cared about your children that you wouldn't want them in the pool UNSUPERVISED, right? You are right.. Saltville isn't big as Emerald. Well, it's not got the money to staff the pools like Emerald does either. And SOME (NOT ALL, OF COURSE) parents don't exactly keep a close eye on their children. So wouldn't you rather have the lifeguards getting the kids out of the pool instead of having an accident, or would you rather the lifeguards DIDN'T go on break, rest thier eyes, get away from the sun's glare on the water for a few precious minutes, so they could continue to watch the kids closely????
Hmmm.. take a drink of water, pop your knuckles...I'm ready when you are.
camel toe

United States

#20 Sep 11, 2009
the wave pool is the only damn thing brining money to this shithole town so everybody enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank you Saltville Council for.... 32 min ittakesall 52
Saltville maintenance crew 5 hr PEE weee Herman 4
randall davidson (Jul '16) Fri Dangerous people ... 33
Place to Park Thu Crack Is Back 6
Rich valley fair (Aug '16) Thu OldTimer 45
Greatest Football Coach (Sep '16) Thu Dont Worry Be Happy 16
Little League do the right thing (Oct '16) Thu Kate Musselwhite 71

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance