we should worship him

love him

hate him

fake as hell

so sad it has come to this

Yeah for Upward

Rocky Mount, VA

#21 Nov 7, 2009
Everyone knows that the only people objecting to Upper Basketball is the Little League Board. They've complained for years saying no one would help them and now someone has stepped up to do something and this is what they get!!! Thank you Wayne Carter for caring enough about the kids to actually do something for them! In most towns Upperward BB costs at least $50. Here it's costing us only $20. Whomever is posting this negative comments is only jealous of Wayne! These people need to get a life and quit talking about others who do have a life!
bubba

Evington, VA

#22 Nov 7, 2009
BIGDAVE68 wrote:
this poll is juvenile even for topix...most polls(real onesanyway) have a positive and a negative point of view not just name calling
i agree dave most of the polls i have seen you can vote on atleast two things this is set up any choice you make you have to say something bad. by the way have you heard anything out of wrathchild aint seen him on here in a week or so.
pole starter

Rocky Mount, VA

#23 Nov 7, 2009
Who is the lady's name that started this pole?
daisymay

Knoxville, TN

#24 Nov 7, 2009
concerned wrote:
What's done is done. Everyone needs to get over this and move on. It may be a benefit to both programs. I have heard that the LL will be playing teams oustside of Saltville, so this will be nice. Also, most of the players with the most ability are in upperbound, and this gives the less athletic players with the LL more play time and the coaches will work with them more since that is all they have. Its a win, win situation.
I have nothing against either program, I think it is very sad to bash a child, or to label one better than the other. The kids playing upward are no better than the ones playing little league!!
hamie

Bassett, VA

#25 Nov 7, 2009
Town of Glade does not have a little league basketball program. They only have the UPWARD program and love it.
No one special

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Nov 8, 2009
Dixie1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you may have been at the board meeting when the book was handed over for the audit and no one said any thing about the Little League starting later at that meeting, and they where to be there to vote but did not show. We all know when Little League Basketball is going on. O well it sounds like spite to me.
Yes I was at the meeting. And I never said that upward basketball was brought up at the meeting. I said I would like to know what has happened on the audit. As for Carol knowing about the upward, from what I heard she said that she would see how upward would go and then hold little league. She knew and told several people that she thought it was a good idea and thought that the program was a good program.

I don't feel this was done for spite. The Carter's don't seem to be that type of people. And people are saying they are doing it for spite, what benefit do they get for doing this? None, just the fact that kids are being taught about the word of God. And if this upward is not a good thing like some people are saying (I am not saying you said it was bad), then why is the program so blessed with so many children doing it. I've heard there are kids that never played basketball playing. This is great.

Another thing is the fact that people are volunteering for this. As much as I hate to say this, but as much as Carol and Rusty do for the little league for some reason people don't volunteer. The same people are the ones that have to do everything or people that do try to help, she won't ask them. And this hurts the kids, not Carol.

Maybe upward should of waited, but it is still no reason why people need to say bad and hateful things about upward, the Carter's or Carol.
mom1

Knoxville, TN

#27 Nov 8, 2009
Hey no-one-special an audit was done on the little leage records and everything came back clean..If you would like Bill Hill's #### and see for yourself, just ask and you shall recieve..I think it's time everyone got off that little kick of the audit..It WAS done and was clean..Let it go!!!
want to know

Bassett, VA

#28 Nov 8, 2009
mom1-you bet I want Mr. Hills phone #.I understand he is regional director and should not do the audits. The audits are supposed to be done by L.L.headquarters. BY THE WAY-WHY DO SOME PEOPLE get mad about an audit? It is recommended by head-quarters annually. All parents and businesses that support the L.L. have a right to see where their money is being spent. No one is accusing anyone of anything.An audit is something that should be done for everyone's benefit. DON'T forget the phone #.
Dixie1

Knoxville, TN

#30 Nov 8, 2009
I'm not downing the Upward program I just wish it had been at a later time so my kid could play. It just looks funny how it was done that is all I am going to say about it, It is done and nothing can change it but maybe they can work this time issue out next year. The audit, I don't know how it came out. Voluntering is good but it may get old after a while I'm not saying it will but it may as in all things. I hope that all of the players get to go to church on Sunday morings and learn the word of God too.

Like I said I wish it could have been at later time. I have said that from the start....
Too Lou

Abingdon, VA

#31 Nov 9, 2009
This crazy! Wayne is a very nice person. He helps my mother and father greatly when it comes to my fathers meds. Enough is enough. Saltville is full of It is my way or no way people, change is good and if you like one thing support it and let others do thier own thing.
mom1

United States

#32 Nov 9, 2009
The phone # is on the Virginia District 1 Little League web site..Do come back and tell us what he tells ya..I have already posted this once and it mysteriously disappeared!!
BOBO

Crozet, VA

#33 Nov 9, 2009
THIS IS THE REASON WHY NOTHING GETS DONE IN THIS TOWN. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SHUT UP AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE KIDS IN THIS TOWN. I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH BOTH UPWARD BEFORE AND THE L.L PROGRAM. EVERYONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER THAT THE PROGRAMS WE HAVE ARE FOR THE KIDS NOT THE ADULTS.
CAROL NUTTER HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR ME OVER THE YEARS AND I WISH EVERYONE WOULD LEAVE HER ALONE. AS FOR MR. CARTER I RESPECT HIM FOR WHAT HE IS TRYING TO DO AND WISH THE PROGRAM ALL THE BEST. WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS TOWN A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYONE. MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER AND WORK OUT A SCHEDULE SO IT WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#34 Nov 9, 2009
My daughter has played Upward since kindergarden in Glade at Glade Spring Baptist, but their program always starts in Jan. and ends in March. The Upward program is a good program, this fighting is what is bad, and is exactly why we will stay in Glade. The only people getting hurt are the kids.
LouLou

United States

#35 Nov 10, 2009
First of all I would like to say that it is time for people to leave Wayne alone. Some of you who are making comments don't even know what you are talking about. You get someone in this town who wants to do good things and what do you do, you put him down. Wayn certainly is not doing this for money. If anything he gives more than anyone I have ever seen. You talk about the little league. You need to get your facts straight before you comment. I talked to the president and he didn' know anything. I asked if the audit had been completed,and he said uh uh I don't know if it has or not but we looked at it and everything kooked o.k. I asked why the election notice wasn't posted and he said it. Wrong, the only thing that was put in the paper was a meeting called by Carol Nutter for the board members. It seems to me there is a lot of secrecy going on. He couldn't even tell me any of the board members names. Wayne didn't have to stay in this little town, but he loves it here and the people he helps are stabbing him in the back. You people who are talking just to hear your ears roar had better open your eyes and see things for what they and not for what some people tell you. Wayne loves basketball and children and all he wants to do is to provide a little better life for the children. I have lived in Saltville for 61 years and Wayne is one of the best people to live here. Wayne, look over the petty little people who talk about you and keep the good work! There are more people who love you than not.
LouLou

United States

#36 Nov 10, 2009
I forgot to mention that if any of you want the presidents number, I have it, that is if you have the nerve to call and find out the answers that you won't get.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

#37 Nov 10, 2009
I am not putting down Wayne or the Upward program, I wish all side would stop this silly fighting! As I said before, the only people that get hurt are the kids. I wish the Upward program well, and I hope that many kids come to know Christ through it! I just think it is time for all of this to stop, including this stupid survey! Whoever posted this should be very ashamed!
goto

United States

#38 Nov 10, 2009
AS I READ THESE COMMENTS, I SURE THAT NONE OF THE LEADERS OF THESE PROGRAMS ARE THE ONES WRITING THESE POSTS. THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP OUR CHILDREN. BLESS EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING.
REMEMBER THE LORD CAN TAKE AWAY EVERYTHING IF HE FEELS LIKE IT. PLEASE LET THIS POST DIE!
right on

Bassett, VA

#39 Nov 10, 2009
to goto.-Amen
LouLou

United States

#40 Nov 10, 2009
I also forgot to mention that I talked to the district manager and to be the manager, he doesn't know anything. At least he acted like he didn't. The real problem is jealously. Everytime this town comes up with a good thing for the younger generation, a few people are ready to try and cause trouble. There is room for everyone to take part in something. Now in order for anything to work, there has to be people who are willing to put forth their time and effort. Wayne is one of these people. He asks for nothing in return except to see little children grow and be happy. I have known Wayne for 38 years and I can tell you that he is only looking out for the children. Now is the time for you people to quit downing Wayne and stand beside him.
linda

Saltville, VA

#41 Nov 10, 2009
LouLou aka linda keep up your bs will post your number so people can call you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth St apartments 2 hr Yea it me 5
Jail Time? 15 hr Water Boy 2
Prevert 21 hr sick and tired 3
McCready Sun Mayor 3
Michael Smith (Oct '14) Sun candid 55
Allen bradley clark of saltville May 28 someone 1
who's ChadLittle dating? May 28 Just askin 6
More from around the web

Saltville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE