chilhowie football
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bandmom

United States

#1 Sep 24, 2010
its a shame that our band didnt even have a place to sit on the stands at the game thats disrespectful
WHAT

Apo, AA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
WHICH band? Northwood
Curious

Lynchburg, VA

#3 Sep 24, 2010
What happened at Chilhowies game that Saltville rescue had to go?!
unc

Hermitage, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Who cares it the band!
yes

Hermitage, TN

#5 Sep 25, 2010
we had to play in th dark what the hell
bouncer

Nashville, TN

#6 Sep 25, 2010
unc wrote:
Who cares it the band!
Agreed, it's a FOOTBALL game not a band concert.
Donna Mills

Palmyra, VA

#7 Sep 25, 2010
I thank the band is just as inported as the football players, I do thank they need a new coach and a new band teacher. Gog bless there hearts.
Football Fan

Lexington, VA

#8 Sep 26, 2010
I was not there, but from what I have heard in the last couple of years that Northwood does need a new coach and a new band director. If the students do not flat out like them they will not show enough respect to participate in the activities or try to win ballgames.
LOLZ

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Sep 28, 2010
I think the band situation is the least of Northwood's worries, how bout that football "team". LOL! I was there, and there is a section for the band on the bleachers, and if they're too blind to find it, or rope it off, then that's their problem! How about buying some band uniforms!?
little bird

Springfield, TN

#10 Sep 28, 2010
bandmom wrote:
its a shame that our band didnt even have a place to sit on the stands at the game thats disrespectful
The way the "band" has been behaving at the games (making fun of the team) they shouldn't be allowed to attend. It was taped by the way and turned into the band members parents. The way their uniforms look is pitiful, embarressing etc.. What a shame Northwood is not even close to the other Smyth County Schools. We the people of Saltville have let these tragic things happen to OUR school and OUR kids.
spice

Hermitage, TN

#11 Sep 28, 2010
Just to educate you alitte on the bands attire...they are dressed to do a theme show. By the way they won 9 trophies at the Apple Festival Saturday,and the awful way they are dressed helped them wim 1st place general effect in their class.
As far as you taping and turning them in I was there try again...those boys have made fun of band kids forever but band kids support them win or lose that is their team....Ive never seen you or the football boys go and support the band win their competions.....which they did Saturday.
crazy

Scottsville, VA

#12 Sep 28, 2010
The band uniforms are awesome. The colorguard's on the other hand are a little inappropriate, just my opinion though.
Former Band Member

Lexington, VA

#13 Sep 28, 2010
little bird wrote:
<quoted text>
The way the "band" has been behaving at the games (making fun of the team) they shouldn't be allowed to attend. It was taped by the way and turned into the band members parents. The way their uniforms look is pitiful, embarressing etc.. What a shame Northwood is not even close to the other Smyth County Schools. We the people of Saltville have let these tragic things happen to OUR school and OUR kids.
It has always been this way since I can remember. Its all about football on Friday nights except for the 15 minutes of fame that the band receives for their performance during halftime. However, the band is there for the football team and should support the team, school, and themselves. I myself do not tolerate when band members make fun of the team or the football team making fun of the band members. I would like to say that Saltville schools as a whole are not up to par with the other schools in county. As far as Northwood's uniforms go, if they are dressed to represent the theme of the show they are doing there is nothing wrong with that. Then again I think they could use a new band director and a new football coach in my opinion. Then again there are two sides to every story and maybe the band director and coaches do not get the support they deserve from the county or the school.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 28, 2010
I have it on excellent authority that the days of Northwood are numbered. Chilhowie and Northwood will be combined into one school named Chilwood and the team name will be the Zombies and the school colors will be blood red and gangrene.
Listen Here

Apo, AA

#15 Sep 29, 2010
little bird wrote:
<quoted text>
The Band just so happened to beat Marion at the Apple Festival in all captions but one. But I guess Northwood isn't "even close" to the other Smyth County Schools. And it's illegal for random people to tape the band memembers without permission, like this crazy weird woman at the Fort Chiswell game. Only the director and competitions are permitted to film the band without prior consent.
For Sure

United States

#16 Sep 29, 2010
little bird wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to the Northwood Marion game this year. I did not see anything wrong with the way the band acted. They were showing good sportsmanship and clapping for the Marion band. Something Chilhowie fans could learn from.
CONCERNED

Stanley, VA

#17 Sep 29, 2010
The band and the team is only as good as the kids perform. the coach and director and teach but if they don;t want to listen the the effects are bad. So far the band has shown they are listening to the director and the uniforms are based on the western show they are doing if anyone would pay attention. i think people should keep their minds on their children instead of running good people down and trying to cause unwanted problems, there is enough drama in saltville as it is. Grow up people and set examples for your children don't teach corruption.
ABC

Apo, AA

#18 Sep 29, 2010
bouncer wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, it's a FOOTBALL game not a band concert.
At least the band has pride in the things that they do... win or lose.
PantherPride

Gate City, VA

#19 Sep 29, 2010
For anyone that thinks the band has been acting inappropriate at games, why not just tell the band director? He never leaves the band, so he wouldn't be hard to find. The band has always been there to support the football team when they go to the games. I have never witnessed any bad behavior towards the team. But again, for those of you that say you have, why not just tell the band director? It would be a lot more effective than posting things on here.

As far as their uniforms go, they are for the theme of the field show. With the way most band competitions are set up now, the more theme-oriented the band is, the better their scores will be. All of the band members are uniform with their western wear. As far as the color guard goes, they are completely covered up. They wear a body suit under their uniforms at all times. Their uniforms have also been approved by the director and the principal.

That's just my two cents though. I hope that no one gets a hateful tone out of reading this, because there isn't one. I hope that this year our football team, band, and all other sports and activities will receive support from the community. I hope that everyone has a good year in the things that they do.
northwood spirit

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2010
the band did very well at the competition and they wouldn't have done it without the band director he taught them a lot and he has done very well. the band and the director are amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pass me the Butter 2 hr in the family 5
Timeflies 3 hr Night Owl 1
Leaf Project 3 hr Nikki Nasel 2
Dyed Hair 10 hr interested 2
Wondering 10 hr cookie jar 12
sports 17 hr TOUCHDOWN 2
Jay Olinger Tue Curious 7

Saltville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance