Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

I for one vote that we bring the Piggly Wiggly out of retirement. Food City needs to get somewhere with its rotten meats and high prices. The Pig was a great place to shop and had a nice eat-in/sit-down area. Who else remembers that saint of a store? Lets start a petition and bring it back!
M.Saltz

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

I for one would LOVE for this to happen.(:
Kermit

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

I'd love to see piggy again.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks ago when I was in Danville, VA and there was a Pig!

If I'm not mistaken Food City is actually Piggly Wiggly. The Smith's after they bought out the Pigs, Winn-Dixies, Bi-Lo and Whites (?) they just adopted the Food City name for all of them.
Anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Best breakfast ever. I miss that place so much. My dad was one of the many older men that liked to grab breakfast and sit in the dinning area and talk with his buddies. I grew up eating the tater cake biscuits, and listening to all the banter. When the pig closed, the town lost its best store, and I lost my childhood hangout. Bring it back!
DIRTYDAVESUX

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

Maybe the town can apply for grant money to send you away to finally break your d-ck sucking addiction.It's just too bad they weren't able to rid such a dreaded affliction from your mother and grandmother.
Saltville Vet

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

DIRTYDAVESUX wrote:
Maybe the town can apply for grant money to send you away to finally break your d-ck sucking addiction.It's just too bad they weren't able to rid such a dreaded affliction from your mother and grandmother.
Issues much? I do miss the Pig, I loved their deli and it would be nice to have another option besides Food Country.
me miss it 2

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

my uncle worked at the Pig when it was in Chilhowie...want it back please.
Duh

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

I think Dolly bought all the Giant's, Piggly Wiggly's and Harris Teeters stores just a few months ago. They will be reopening soon but will have a different name; Giant Wiggly Teeters!
Cant

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

A food est. can't go in over there because Food Country bought out the Pig when they came into Saltville, then sold the Pig building to the town, only under the circumstance that no food est would be put over there
poor us

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Thank those that were in favor of buying it with those restrictions. But why not make it into the new town shop instead of forcing the citizens to cough up money for a new one. Nope too practical and simple for our elected officials imo.
saltvillan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

I used to go down thu pig
One_McCreadys_Ga p_Frye

Galveston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Piggly Wiggly still sells franchises in some parts of the country....mostly in the South. Is the Saltville Store a Food Country ... or A Food City?
I was born there but haven't been back in a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Saltville Forum right now

Search the Saltville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
pobama_25@yahoo. com did my Flodria ID 55 min Candice Miami 2
I got my Florida driver's License from pobama_2... 1 hr Rick Ross 2
florida drivers license 1 hr Fantail 2
Cherrie Puckett 2 hr Pistolanne 3
Operation Salt Vegas Sat wow 7
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sat abe 1,350
Walmart family mobile cell phone service Sat pirate pete 2
•••
•••