Saltsburg Police Chief

Posted in the Saltsburg Forum

Go Figure

Leechburg, PA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
Why are we paying for a Police Chief who will just stand around and watch crime happen and not do anything about it. Our Chief watched a kid jump on Kiski's school van then steal a car. His comment was, "There are 2 cops on duty, let them take care of it." WTF, I don't care if your on duty or not, you're the Chief, get you cowardly a$$ out there and protect the citizens of this town. How can you just stand there and watch a criminal act? He is worthless, can someone tell me what we are paying him for? Council Members please, stop wasting our tax dollars!
Terrible

Irwin, PA

#3 Jul 30, 2012
Are you saying he should work for free? I have to disagree. I turn my work phone off on weekends and if a cop isn't on duty I don't expect him to work either. I also work in a similar field.

As far as valid reasons to pick on the cops of Saltsburg, be my guest.
wonderer

Keego Harbor, MI

#4 Jul 31, 2012
He was sworn to protect the people of saltsburg. off duty offices still have authority. And at the same time, theyre not much good even when theyre on duty. i have not one good thing to say about them.
Go Figure

Leechburg, PA

#5 Jul 31, 2012
Terrible wrote:
Are you saying he should work for free? I have to disagree. I turn my work phone off on weekends and if a cop isn't on duty I don't expect him to work either. I also work in a similar field.
As far as valid reasons to pick on the cops of Saltsburg, be my guest.
Not all the cops in Saltsburg, just the one who's in charge. The other poor schmucks just do what they're told. So you're saying since he's off duty, he should look the other way when crime is being committed. As a citizen, I would not even look the other way, and I'm not getting paid with the tax dollars of the people who I'm supposedly protecting. Bottom line, He's is a COWARD!
Go Figure You Loser

Belle Vernon, PA

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Go Figure, Maybe one day your fat ass may need help from this coward or the other schmucks. You are a BIG LOSER!!!
Off Duty

Greensburg, PA

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Go Figure You Loser wrote:
Go Figure, Maybe one day your fat ass may need help from this coward or the other schmucks. You are a BIG LOSER!!!
Go Figure has a valid point. They better hope the chief isn't off duty when they need help. You're an idiot for agreeing an off duty cop can idly watch a crime. Not answering the phone or having a day off is one thing, but to witness a crime and do nothing is inexcusable!
wonderer

Mount Morris, MI

#8 Jul 31, 2012
We have to remember that this is the same AMAZING 'police force' that let glassmart be robbed NINE times before doing anything about it..
Go Figure

Leechburg, PA

#9 Aug 1, 2012
Go Figure You Loser wrote:
Calling me names won't make him brave. And don't worry, from what I saw, I'll be calling a real policeman if I need one.
jack-b-qwick

Brighton, MI

#10 Aug 1, 2012
If i had to call 911.. i'd request state troopers instead of the town clown..
Terrible

Irwin, PA

#11 Aug 5, 2012
Then perhaps he needs a change of career, he should come work with me -- so he can turn his phone off. :)
Caroline

Saltsburg, PA

#12 Aug 16, 2012
Excuse me.......... first off, he called in the offense as soon as it occured. THERE WERE 2 officers that responed asap to the incident. HE ALSO went to the scene.
Second, Gary has taken care of a number of calls while off duty and has put people in their place. When you are not in uniform nor carrying a wepon you not only put yourself in danger but other people.
As far as i see, you must be one who needs to be put in YOUR PLACE. You don't see any more drug dealers running the streets. The arrest recond of the ones that WERE here speak for themselfs.
Tell you what if you have a problem feel free to come address it anytime you want. Considering we have the town people STOPPING all hours of the day and night at our home. THAT IS OF COURSE when he is OFF DUTY. No one has been turned away yet.......Would love to talk to you about it, that is unless you are a COWARD and don't want to.
oneoftheschmucks

Norwalk, OH

#13 Aug 16, 2012
Absolutely amazing! Apparently some people around here would like to go back to the days of drug deals in broad daylight on Salt st? How about supporting the local police ,CALL 911 , and help clean up town? A little support and effort as a CITIZEN OF SALTSBURG would go a long way instead of hiding behind your anonymous post. Make the call to 911...testify as needed..and be proud of your town or simply shut up and stand aside. BY THE WAY ....IF YOU WITNESSED THIS WHAT DID YOU DO?
ienobnorhglang

Vandergrift, PA

#14 Aug 17, 2012
jack-b-qwick wrote:
If i had to call 911.. i'd request state troopers instead of the town clown..
Well, if something happens after 5 o'clock, or on the weekends, you will have to request the State police. The townies are never on duty when they're needed. The can't keep new hires so they're never fully staffed.
Go Figure

Leechburg, PA

#15 Aug 17, 2012
Caroline wrote:
Excuse me.......... first off, he called in the offense as soon as it occured. THERE WERE 2 officers that responed asap to the incident. HE ALSO went to the scene.
Second, Gary has taken care of a number of calls while off duty and has put people in their place. When you are not in uniform nor carrying a wepon you not only put yourself in danger but other people.
As far as i see, you must be one who needs to be put in YOUR PLACE. You don't see any more drug dealers running the streets. The arrest recond of the ones that WERE here speak for themselfs.
Tell you what if you have a problem feel free to come address it anytime you want. Considering we have the town people STOPPING all hours of the day and night at our home. THAT IS OF COURSE when he is OFF DUTY. No one has been turned away yet.......Would love to talk to you about it, that is unless you are a COWARD and don't want to.
You are right, I've seen the good townspeople sitting on your porch, drinking beer, then getting in their cars and driving away. And as for there being no drug dealers on the streets, you're only kidding yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enrollment decline concerns Blairsville-Saltsbu... (Mar '11) 44 min Wow 287
Saltsburg Strong signs 5 hr Sburg rools 4
What happened to the pigs post 8 hr Mr McCoo 105
Pig Test 20 hr RanelleStrongBarry 36
stop!! all of you!!! 21 hr boohoo 9
River and trails cafe Thu Foodie 12
DUI how many before jail time? Thu grow up 2
Saltsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Saltsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine
Bleacher Report12:01 PM
Todd Herremans' Release Will Loom Large for Philadelphia Eagles
Bleacher Report 9:18 PM
Candidates to Take Herremans' Spot in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:26 PM
How Will the Philadelphia Eagles Replace Todd Herremans in 2015?