Hunter

Eatontown, NJ

#1 Nov 4, 2007
If you have an opinion about the current state of Pennsylvania’s whitetail deer population or you just want to read the words of others who do then read this blog and get one man’s perspective on the subject. http://www.storytrax.com/node/1068

I hunt deer and drive rural roads daily. During both activities, I see less deer. I have killed deer during hunting season with a rifle and at other times by accident with my car. The cost of doing both is on the rise. Hunters and the Pennsylvania Game Commission are at odds about deer management objectives. Where do you stand?
john

AOL

#2 Nov 4, 2007
deer managment is a funny thing we have to manage our deer population. if it means a numbe of
points or a certin number of doe it must be done
Mr Saltsburg

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2007
I'd say give the hunters the whole month of November & December and wack anything resembling a dam deer with no point nor number restrictions.

People are building homes more and more in the rural areas where the deer have flourish and hunting then becomes more restricted. I drive everyday on rural roads and bagged a 6 point couple weeks ago with my car in one of those restricted areas.

Thin the herd to a manageable LOW number and watch the game commission panic. "Deer Management" in Pennsylvania only means "protection" of the billion dollar business it generates every year. The Game commission really could give a hoot about the rising costs to even hunt or the car insurance premium increases or the medical bills resulting from a deer accident. It's all about generating revenue for the state.

mole

Blairsville, PA

#4 May 2, 2012
git r dun
almost time

Saltsburg, PA

#5 Oct 16, 2012
It is almost time to get this going again. Any ideas other than driving 25mph to protect mycar?
nebby

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Oct 16, 2012
mitt romeny wants to ban hunting
Liar

New Wilmington, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2012
nebby wrote:
mitt romeny wants to ban hunting
He does not!
chris

United States

#8 Dec 3, 2012
I thought dis was about different baits for deer. I am confused

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Christian Church (Jan '14) 4 hr Josh 3
kvi (Jan '16) Thu Jimjab 119
How Come? Jul 27 Kunta Koontah 4
Saltsburg Jul 25 lala 52
Hope wacko is takin it dry (Jan '15) Jul 25 Jung Go Home Rapist 26
Nowrytown Club Part VI Jul 24 Jonesy 12
Vote For Donald Trump Jul 20 sven too foe 9

Saltsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance