SCSD Board Deprives Fire Department o...

SCSD Board Deprives Fire Department of Much Needed funds

Posted in the Salton City Forum

AKA SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2009
At the January 2009 Monthly Board Meeting of the Salton Community Services District, the Board of Directors voted 3-2 not to allocate at least 50% of captured un-refunded Fire Department Impact fee monies for use by the Fire Department. This vote deprived the Fire Department of 50% of $18,000 that has already been captured from an illegally assessed Fire Department Impact Fee, with thousands of dollars more possible within the next year or so.

Anyone who paid the fee has until 3 years (plus 45 days) from when they paid the fee to submit an application for refund. After that time the SCSD has been capturing the un-refunded monies and been placing it into the Districts’ general fund to spend on anything the General Manager desires.

Director James G. Barrett authored January’s resolution in an attempt to dedicate at least some of the captured funds to the purpose for which it was originally charged; protecting the lives and properties of the Community.

After talking a good talk about how she’d do anything to help the Fire Department, Director Shirley Palmer couldn’t walk the walk when it came time to actually vote to spend the money on the Fire Department. Her no vote Doomed the resolution.

As a side note, earlier in the meeting Director Palmer mentioned that she cancelled the water and electrical services to the Desert Shores Fire Station. For years she had been donating those services to the Department but for reasons not mentioned at the meeting she chose to disconnect them. At the meeting Director Barrett had amended the resolution to provide that the 50% of the captured funds could have been used to pay for utilities for the Desert Shores or Salton City Fire Stations.

Director Bob Butler stated that he wanted the General Manager to be able to spend the captured funds anyway he wanted to, regardless of if the normal yearly budgeting procedures were followed or not.

President Jerry Medders was the third vote against the resolution. He stated no reasons for his vote.

Director Darryel Neal voted with Director Barrett in favor of the resolution.

You can see more of what your elected officials have been up to by going to www.saltonseawest.com .

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2009
Also at the January meeting not one of the other Directors would even second Director Barretts motion to install a street light by the new elementary school. They didn't even want to talk about it!

I guess not doing anything that Director Barrett brings up is more important to them than your kids life.

The blood will be on the hands of those so-called "public servants".

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

#3 Jan 27, 2009
*Editor HAT OFF*

Since you have so much time on your hands, go play crossing guard Jimmy!

Really I'm still counting down the months, days and hours until your term in office is over.$15,000.00 in legal fees in the last two month because of you is a joke, and it’s a waste of the people’s money. Stop wasting the people’s money. I can't be any clearer than that.

Your one of those "public servants", when you attack them you attack yourself. You're attitude and ways of doing things are what is wrong with the SCSD in a majority of ways.

Your sexual, verbal, attacks have no place with your elected station. They show how small and one sided you are.

Jimmy, it's time to stop wasting the people time, money, and energy on your games. Find a way to do what you are trying to by getting those that want what you’re asking the rest of the SCSD Board to consider showing up at the meetings, voicing what they would like to see the SCSD do at the public meetings. That would lend a lot more credence to those rouge resolutions that seem to pop up at of thin air.

But I understand that most people in the SCSD either go to the meetings for the entertainment value (I keep saying lets place meetings on YouTube) or just to get a chuckle out of the Local dysfunctional Government Board. Many people just can’t believe what goes on, and have to see it for themselves. Then many people tire of the SOSDD and decide that their time is better off not going to these meeting that have turned into a JOKE and a waste of EVERYONES time.

I’m sorry to say, that IMHO I’d replace ALMOST everyone on the SCSD Board. The Old Hats, the self appointed “legal” authority (that’d be you Jimmy), and the newbie’s that just haven’t gotten around to what they need to know to affectively do the people’s business. What is needed is a brand new Board that will work together, get the peoples business done, and not cost the Community in the way that it has over the last 3 years.

Will that happen? Probably not, everyone has their “clicks”, and they seem to be ok with the same old crap day in and day out. Hence that’s why we’re a sewer district, so many of those that are in the position of power are so full of CRAP. But then, this seems to be happening at many of the West Shores Organizations. Some have a Board, but only a few people on those Boards get contacted or “polled” and things are decided that should be done in a public meeting, but here I digress, that’s another fight for another day.

So Jimmy heed my advice or don’t, it’s no big difference to me but it might be to the rest of the Community.

*Editor HAT ON*
AKA SCSD Director Barrett wrote:
Also at the January meeting not one of the other Directors would even second Director Barretts motion to install a street light by the new elementary school. They didn't even want to talk about it!
I guess not doing anything that Director Barrett brings up is more important to them than your kids life.
The blood will be on the hands of those so-called "public servants".

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2009
Wow that was pretty good "scarmari", you held your tongue for almost three days before you responded to this article. But you just couldn't stand the truth of the matter and it was eating you up inside, boiling in your mind for three days. Then you couldn't take it any longer and you vomitted all over your keyboard ...here, have some tums!

I kicked your ask 3 years ago in the election, get over it already.
observor

Lancaster, OH

#5 Jan 27, 2009
We will see if you kick any a** in Nov little man. I am betting 30 votes

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Whatever Jimmy, I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about your PRESENT, it's staring you in the face and yet your still too stupid to see it.

BTW when you lose your re-election bid the party is at MY House, or better yet maybe I'll rent out the Seniors building.
Wow that was pretty good "scarmari", you held your tongue for almost three days before you responded to this article. But you just couldn't stand the truth of the matter and it was eating you up inside, boiling in your mind for three days. Then you couldn't take it any longer and you vomitted all over your keyboard ...here, have some tums!
I kicked your ask 3 years ago in the election, get over it already.

United States

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Is that votes from living voters (unlike this past District election)?
Long Time Resident

Roy, WA

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Excuse me --
Mr. Barret are you claiming that votes were cast by deceased voters?
Where in the world did you come up with that??
Are you saying that the only reason you are in office is that dead people may have voted for you?
Are you actually saying that the last election was 'padded' by deceased voters?
If so -- why two years later are you bringing that up?
GET REAL -- even dead people do actually have more sense than that!!!!!!!!!!
observor

Covina, CA

#9 Jan 29, 2009
Is that votes from living voters (unlike this past District election)?
This is typical barrett, Just throw out a accusation with nothing to back it up. Show some documation little man.
AKA SCSDDirector Barrett

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2009
Ah come on folks... you've all heard the talk about all the dead voters that voted last year for Butler and Palmer. This is not something that I just made up, it's been brought up numerous times by various people/entities. Just ask the Registrar of Voters.
Long Time Resident

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2009
Director Barrett,
I don't recall any Director being voted on in 2008.
You were voted into office in 2005 and Directors Palmer & Butler were voted in in 2006. Directors Neal & Medders filled positions left vacant.
Don't you think that if the Registrar of Voters believed that there was something wrong with the actual vote that they would have intervened by now?
You do come up with the MOST obscur arguements -- just throw it out there and see where it goes!

People with any intelligence just laugh at your attempts to destory the District..........

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2009
November 2007...Butler and Palmer re-elected for another four year term of incompetence and skullduggery...

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2009
I bet next they're going to say that the $256,000 SCSD Budget Deficit for FY2008/09 was Director Barretts fault with his one vote on the Board.

The deficit is because Butler, Palmer, and Rouhe didn't set the sewer rates at a level that was sufficient to pay for the service provided. That IS textbook incompetence. This was done in july of 2007 right before the election. Rouhe asked Palmer and Butler if they were charging what was needed or charging what they could get away with. Butler and Palmer acknowledged that they were charging what they could politically get away with. After all it was an re-election cycle for Butler and Palmer.

That is why the district is in the red....incompetence and a broken moral compass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salton City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want to buy cheap land near the salton sea (Nov '08) Jul 22 castilloviejo 35
What type of business are lacking in the Salton... (Sep '08) Jun 27 maryanorvell 26
News Tragic collission near Salton City (Nov '07) May '17 Well Well 29
grocer (Oct '09) Mar '17 Mr parsons 7
New owners of Captn Jim's in Salton City (May '15) Mar '17 Hanks is the mann 2
Wayne Davis Mar '17 Jim banks 2
Why Worry About Legacy? (Aug '09) Feb '17 Jim banks 19

Salton City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salton City Mortgages