dany mofo

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

last years december. boat races world speed records any news, talk rumor of repeat this year ?
Dave

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

I heard Dec. 12th, and they are going to have strippers and free booze in Bombay Beach!
Jennie Kelly

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

The Salton Sea Speed Week will be held December 4-6 at the State Park in North Shore. Last year 14 world speed records were set over three days.

In addition to Speed Week, RPM Racing is also planning a Salton Sea 300-mile personal watercraft race in October (no date yet that I know of) also to be held at the State Park.

On a side note, The North Shore Yacht Club is being renovated and should be open in February. We are looking for funding to get the harbor dredged and launch ramp rehab'd. Once the harbor is up and running, we hope to have boating events there also. The club will serve as a community center, but will also have a visitor center, small museum and a small juice/coffee/sandwich shop.
Jennie Kelly

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

By the way, I am in North Shore not Salton Sea Beach. Darned Topix, I told them I know where I live but they won't listen.
dany mofo

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

thank you jennie kelly, have since spoke with promoters, who currently wait for approval from state officials. spread the word lets get the recreational heartbeat of the sea back like it was in 60s.
SaltonLee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

I drove down from Bakersfield for the boat races and was truly stunned by the coolness of the whole event. I cannot wait for this year because I know that word got out as to how well attended it was and how utterly fun it was. More will come. Jennie is truly a wonderful lady and I will be happy to help you sell shirts this year you need me to.
Westside of 86

Newington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

Damn, I missed the event last year. I hope to be home for it this year! I am positive my children will love to see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Salton City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Salton City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salton City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salton City