SCSD regular meeting of the Board of Directors February 19, 2008 7pm

Feb 18, 2008 | Posted by: Imari Love | Full story: www.saltoncsd.ca.gov

SALTON COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

2098 Frontage Road, Salton City, California 92275
(760) 394- 4446 Tel (760) 394- 4242 Fax

REGULAR MEETING OF February 19, 2008

Closed session: 6:30 p.m. Open session: 7:00 p.m.

1. CALL TO ORDER 7:00 p.m.

2. ROLL CALL

3. CLOSED SESSION ISSUES: N/A

4. OPEN SESSION: 7:00 P.M.

5. ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTIONS:

6. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:

7. PUBLIC APPEARANCES/PRESENTATIONS:

8. PUBLIC COMMENTS:

9. CONSENT CALENDAR:

a. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of January 15, 2008
b. Approval of Best, Best & Krieger’s invoice in the amount of $ through January 2008
c. Current Demands for the month of January 2008
d. Approval of the minutes for the safety meeting of February 2008

10. REPORTS:

a. Finance Officer’s report provided in the directors’ packet and posted in the S.C.S.D. office, for public information.
b. General Manager, Thomas Cannell

c. Fire Department, Rosa Reagles

11. MEMBERS OF THE BOARD/ORGANIZATIONS REPORTS:

a. Architectural Committee-No report Linda Lockhart, Chairperson
b. Golf Course/Nature Trail – Howard Smotherman

12. OLD BUSINESS: N/A

13. NEW BUSINESS:

a. Approve Resolution No. 2008-2-1 entitled “a resolution of the Salton Community Services District expressing interest in development of a soccer park”/Patterson
b. Authorize Johnson’s Landing RV Park to charge a reasonable fee for the use of the dump station/Butler
c. Rescind Resolution No. 2007-4-3 (Moratorium on sewer connections) MGR
d. Revise job description for Maintenance Worker 1/MGR

14. ADJOURNMENT:

Shirley Palmer, President
Board of Directors

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Hey I find this strange: c. Rescind Resolution No. 2007-4-3 (Moratorium on sewer connections) MGR
---
Director Barrett has claimed that the Moratorium has been lifted, how can it be lifted if they haven't rescinded the resolution?

Another one of Director Barrett's lies in print on his website, I guess.

This is why friends don't let friends re-elect the village idiot!
AKA SCSD Director Barrett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

The County imposed a moratorium on issuing building permits back in april of 07...

The SCSD imposed a sewer connection moratorium about the same time and then two weeks later amended it to allow sewer connections only to the ones the Water Quality Board said was o.k., which was 41 connections.

Recently the county started issuing building permits again for salton city.

Even though the SCSD has a Resolution only allowing the hookup of 41 specific houses the SCSD has actually hooked up way more than that in violation of their own Resolution.

The GM wants the SCSD moratorium on sewer connections rescinded so he can dump more sewage into a sewer system that is far over it's current permitted capacity of 200,000 gallons a day.

The Water Board did issue the SCSD a permit for 500,000 gallons a day but that is for the new facility that has not even been started yet.

The "interim pond" that was just finished is for emergency purposes only and is part of the 200,000 permit.

There is no more permitted capacity to dump poop into...ask the water board, they'll confirm that
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

The County did not impose the moratorium, the SCSD Board did with this resolution. I have made calls to the County and from legal council to Brian Donnley.

They sing the same tune. The SCSD placed the moratorium. So to me that means that the SCSD had a hand in causing the problems we have today.

Almost a year with a self imposed moratorium on our Community, and who do you have to thank for that; You Director Barrett!

So if it's truly been lifted maybe you should make sure it is by rescinding the resolution that gave the SCSD the power to start it in the first place.

There's Community in Action for you, many residents brought this to the GM's attention last week, when you started grumbling about "illegal activities" the SCSD does. Your isxsuing permits illegally and all of this on the words published on the web sh*t you own.

So you have aided in what you claim you fight against, could it be that you are the person doing the illegal activities?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Let's see....poop flowing in the washes....water board cease and desist order...COUNTY imposes building moratorium...SCSD imposes sewer connection moratorium...and you say that Director Barrett is to blame? Boy you are as stupid as you appear to be.

Read this COUNTY DOCUMENT explaining the placing of the building moratorium in Salton City:

http://www.saltonseawest.com/documents/Buildi...

Then ask the many many property owners that have been denied building permits by the COUNTY over the past year.

The COUNTY refused to issue the building permits, they have the "land use authority", the SCSD does not
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Director Barrett;

Your days in office are numbered, enjoy them while you can.

We tire of your lies, attitude, and demeanor.

It was explained last night that Your SCSD Board, GM, put the moratorium in place. I'm sure when you replay your digi you'll hear it.

But the question then is; will you understand it.

Elected life isn't suiting you... you've lost so much hair, are plugs in order?

Maybe the board should on the item of the 2 trucks for the "fleet" consider letting the Fire Administrator drive the "free-bee", get her out of that "death trap" she's driving now.

For everyone else that wasn't at the meeting:

The SCSD website will have all documents and agenda items as well as minutes on it's website. So if you're not getting SCSD information from the offical website, you maybe getting information that has been altered or is false.

Under New Business:

A:. Approve Resolution No. 2008-2-1 entitled “a resolution of the Salton Community Services District expressing interest in development of a soccer park”/Patterson

*Passed

b. Authorize Johnson’s Landing RV Park to charge a reasonable fee for the use of the dump station/Butler

*Was postponed. Next month there will be on an amendedment to the Contract between Johnsons Landing and the SCSD.

This was after an hour of Director Barrett's grandstanding, and playing laywer badly.

As a point of order: I also think that the BB&K laywer is a waist of the peoples money. He was not prepared, had to be asked and re-asked last night several times questions, that if he was versed in CSD law he should have known. Maybe the other "Laywer Bob" should come and sit in for a few meetings. I guarantee Barrett would not get away with the crap he pulled last night.

c. Rescind Resolution No. 2007-4-3 (Moratorium on sewer connections) MGR

*Passed 4-1 Barrett voting no after grandstanding.

**This officially lifts the moratorium that was placed on Salton City, and makes all permits issued since Director Barrett claimed the "building ban" was lifted on his webs**t; legal.

d. Revise job description for Maintenance Worker 1/MGR

*This was postponed, as Dr. Rouhe has to talk with the Union Rep and make sure it is correct. As there is an educational clause about H.S. diploma to be hired.

** On a side note there are a few maintenance workers that need to get their A license, come on guys; let's get it done!

Here ends my report, great to see all of you and especially the editor of this topix page. Small turn out, but the loyal always show.
Way off Base

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

You're way off base SCSD Meeting Attendee! I happen to be one of those people that the "COUNT" refused to issue a building permit to. TBY Director Barrett was right...again
Way off Base

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Sorry, the "Y" got deleted from the word "COUNTY"
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Way off Base wrote:
You're way off base SCSD Meeting Attendee! I happen to be one of those people that the "COUNT" refused to issue a building permit to. TBY Director Barrett was right...again
Too bad you weren't at the meeting "way off base" you would have heard it from the horses mouth.
Way Off Base

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Too bad you weren't on the phone with me when the COUNTY told me they were not issuing building permits because the SCSD had failed to maintain their sewage disposal system. It'd certainly not hard to figure out your agenda.
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Way Off Base wrote:
Too bad you weren't on the phone with me when the COUNTY told me they were not issuing building permits because the SCSD had failed to maintain their sewage disposal system. It'd certainly not hard to figure out your agenda.
Been there, if you read what I wrote wob you would have seen that I did call the County, and what I was told. Call Mr. Donnaly and ask him who placed the moratorium, he will tell you the SCSD did along with the GM.

Just make sure you have his dinner done by the time he gets home.

My agenda is to make sure Director barrett is NOT re-elected to continue his lies and atttacks on the Community, period. It looks like a really easy aganda to follow.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

http://www.saltonseawest.com/documents/Buildi...

Hey witch, I bet you think that this official County of Imperial Document was altered by www.saltonseawest.com also

BTW everybody, the new sewer ponds project went out to bid and the bid close date is March 13th, 2008. Once awarded (probably at the March 18th meeting) it should take four to five months to complete.

It will be a prevailing wage job and you better believe that as a Brother in a Trade Union I'll be personally requesting(per my legal right) to get copies of the certified payrolls to make sure all of the workers are being paid the proper prevailing wage.

That is my promise to the workers.

So I wish all of the 30 plus contractors that pulled bid documents good luck!
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

SCSD Director Barrett wrote:
Hey witch, I bet you think that this official County of Imperial Document was altered by www.saltonseashitonbarrett.com
Learn who your talking to fool. Your such an a**hole Director Barrett IMSHO. But I guess your running scared now. Gotta pick on defenceless residents to make yourself feel like a big man? Every thing on you is so little a neutron microscope can't even find your "manhood" or maybe ToriBobbit has cut it off all ready.

Hide behind your keyboard, you spinless, gutless worm.. bet you wouldn't say that to her face, she might turn you into a cockroach.... oh wait, someone beat her to it, being the good religious folks they are.
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

SCSD Director Barrett wrote:
It will be a prevailing wage job and you better believe that as a Brother in a Trade Union I'll be personally requesting(per my legal right) to get copies of the certified payrolls to make sure all of the workers are being paid the proper prevailing wage.
That is my promise to the workers.
So I wish all of the 30 plus contractors that pulled bid documents good luck!
This oversteps your scope as a Director.

Would your Union approve of this anyway. Go ahead and site one of your Union Laws that states you can do this lil boy.

If I remember and I think it's on tape you being a "Union Brother" tried to deny the Sewer Crew from forming a Union, and you didn't want to acknowledge their Union.

You give your Electrical Union a black eye, and leave other Union Brothers a bad taste in their mouth.

Your ethics are in the gutter, "Mister I'll call in sick and work Saturday for time and a half"

Your a disgrace to your Union.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

So I take it you think it's all right for contractors to under pay their employees on public work jobs.....but then again what would you know about work.
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

The board voted to become part of the CalWorks program, so that the SCSD could get "FREE LABOR" for the SCSD Office and crew. That's called SLAVE LABOR in most markets, you hypocrit!

Need to pick your battles Jimbo, your losing ground, as well as hair!

BTW, I'm retired from my Union, I worked over 22 years at the top of my field.
observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

Any one know why barrett abd the others that reside in his head does not or cannot work in San Diego County? Maybe barrett,mcgurie,holland can explain.
Ghost of Elections Past

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

I thought you'd like to know some things about my friend James G. Barrett. So here are some things from his political past, from his political career before he ran for office here:
------

Director Barrett's attempt in Oceanside, CA to be elected to the City Council November 2000

http://www.smartvoter.org/2000/11/07/ca/sd/vo...

City Council; City of Oceanside (2 Elected)

Esther C. Sanchez .......... 16,627 votes 20.20%
Jack Feller .......... 10,559 votes 12.83%
Donald Alan "Don" McKinney .......... 9,047 votes 10.99%
Samuel E. "Sam" Williamson .......... 8,934 votes 10.85%
Mary Azevedo .......... 7,180 votes 8.72%
Tom Brault .......... 6,207 votes 7.54%
Lou Fenton .......... 4,310 votes 5.24%
Zeb Navarro .......... 3,933 votes 4.78%
Randall Horton .......... 3,834 votes 4.66%
Mike Lucas .......... 3,018 votes 3.67%
Thomas Crain .......... 2,033 votes 2.47%
Bernie Delaney .......... 1,822 votes 2.21%
Loia "Junior" Paopao, Jr.......... 1,766 votes 2.15%
Georgeo Kerpani .......... 1,138 votes 1.38%
Joseph Henchman .......... 1,052 votes 1.28%
James G. Barrett .......... 847 votes 1.03%

------
LOWV Website on Oceanside City Council canidate James G. Barrett's Election bid: http://www.smartvoter.org/2000/11/07/ca/sd/ra...

James G Barrett 847 votes 1.03%

American Legion
U.S Army School of Armor, Tank Systems Mechanic
State of CA 5 year Apprenticeship Program - Electrician
First 5 year Apprentice to graduate in all of California

Priorities:
I'll put the "E" into education with a co-op between private computer hardware, software and web-hosting companies to inform parents over the internet

Police...Now is the time to make all the improvements that we can, once the economy slows down we will no longer be able to afford it.

Manchester-Once a final proposal is submitted to the city then we must all scrutinize it very carefully.Everybody's voice should be heard.
-------

http://www.nctimes.com/archives/
Electrician one of 15 candidates for Oceanside council (Barrett) 10/14/00
------

Position Paper one:
"What Will We Resort To?"

....I feel it is time to stop all the bickering and for all the parties involved to get down to some serious business and work out a development plan that all of Oceanside can live with and be proud of.
---

Position Paper 2
"Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Police Protection?"

......The crime rate in Oceanside is the third lowest in all of San Diego County's cities. The Oceanside Police Department needs to be commended for the role they played in this accomplishment. They should also be given additional tools that will help them to keep an upper hand on crime
-----

Position Paper 3
"What can a parent do to help educate their children?"

.......As City Councilman I will negotiate with private hardware, software, and web hosting companies to give our schools and parents the tools they need to assist there children in the world of academics. There are so many things that can be done in this digital age and we need to start utilizing them now.

-----

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

One of these days I'll tell the story of the inter-office memo I got from someone inside Oceanside City Hall that once I took it to the newspapers the City was forced to pay off the College Avenue toll bridge loan 8 years early with out any penalties.

The city didn't want to pay it off early because they were skimming the interest off of the collected toll moneys and putting it into the general fund (sound familiar?)

I may have came in last but I saved the people that use that toll bridge everyday hundreds of thousands of dollars.

What have you done that has helped the people to that magnitude (besides informing people about that bad bad man Mr. Barrett...LOL)?

BTW- I am a card carrying Union Electrician that can work in ANY IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)local simply by showing my ticket.
observer

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

Makes you wonder why he can not get work in Oceanside. Might it be his mouth?
SCSD Meeting Atendee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

Didn't you mean by blowing the boss..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Salton City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Salton City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Salton City People Search