Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,381 - 157,400 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Hey, look ! More Judgits. "Judged:
[Clueless]

[Nuts]

[Offtopic]

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet that your parents were religious. Why don't you tell them that they should have been fed to lions ? Call them haters ? Tell them that lions lick their balls to rid themselves of the taste of your mother and father ?

Did a lion get a hold of your face? Damn, you are ugly!

Rose_NoHo

Since: Apr 11

Van Nuys, CA

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
7 min ago

Judged:
[Clueless]

[Nuts]

[Offtopic]

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so hard on yourself.

IKYABWAI

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You so ugly Topix turned around after you were almost born and slapped you momma.
LOL. You should not be calling anybody else "ugly".

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
...Says the monkey too ashamed of its mug to dare showing it.
And you are a racist, too.
I'm amused why racists like you call black people "monkeys" when monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Repeatedly judged "clueless, nuts and off-topic"...Whaddya know ? You can cover up your bad judgits with all the good ones that you can throw up, but we see the truth. You're a chump.

“I'm walkin' here!”

Since: May 12

New York, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, totally different, and the court explained that to you but alas you are too ignorant to comprehend.
Hey AK. "Big D" is still insisting that Clinton's impeachment "failed".
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Say NO to SSM . . .

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Enrico Salvatore Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey AK. "Big D" is still insisting that Clinton's impeachment "failed".
Dumb Flucker
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IKYABWAI
Speak English!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a racist, too.
I'm amused why racists like you call black people "monkeys" when monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts.
Why are you a racist?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb Flucker
Big dopey Jackass!

Nana!Nana!Nana!

“I'm walkin' here!”

Since: May 12

New York, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb Flucker
Frankly, you're beginning to smell and for a stud in New York, that's a handicap.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
Say NO to SSM ...
Aw shuddup you silly jackass dope! You're third rate.
China attacks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Hundreds of companies, including defense contractors, had been infected with the same malicious software.

The malware could have originated from China, since they have the golden keys when working on all the newest gagits APPLE is having made in "Communist China" damn fools for letting this scum bags even touch a APPLE product.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Anal sex is the key identifying factor of gays. It is the most intimate act between gays. You know I'm talking about the essence of homosexuality when I bring up anal sex.

As to it' inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature, I simply post a medical site that labels it a violation of design, THE MOST DANGEROUS SEXUAL ACT OF ALL, and REQUIRING an anal condom and lubrication to even begin to bring it into a risky behavior! You never mention the issue of playing in fecal matter, because even denial has a hard time getting past that. Moreover, you prove the demeaning nature by your forklift backing up when anyone addresses the issue.

Instead you throw out the gay twirl mantra,'everybody does it', as if that makes it okay. Childish reasoning at the most.

All of this denies the obvious. If the anus had evolved for intercourse, it would be a vagina. Instead, it ends up being a default hole because gays have no option for a vagina.

As to epi-marker mistakes, thank you for a the reference to study.

Your defense however is silly. Nature does have it's reasons, and the study is an example of humans understanding them.

In this case, epi-marker 'notes' are accidentally left on the genetic code of opposite gender children of a parent. They have even identified situations where the accident most often occurs.

It is quickly becoming obvious that reality will require GLBT's to face the fact that they are in the ranks of the genetically handicapped. I would suggest you will find far less opposition developing rights by operating from a basis of reality, that historically people know by intuition, rather than demanding that people accept your denial.

Think about it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
If one respects men, they should be kept out of the front lines as well, since all of those fatherless children and single moms are not part of the ideal family structure you keep demanding.
Yes, the surrender argument. But losing a father isn't as great a loss as losing a mother, in terms of demographics. I'm not talking individual loss, loss of any parent is great and important; I'm talking about reproductive loss. Losing wives, mothers and sisters harms population growth more than losing fathers.

I've heard this argument from the pacifist left before; once the body bags of our daughters, mothers, wives and sisters come home, the will of the people vanishes like smoke and peace rules like the inevitability of death. I oppose that argument on the grounds of life.

Quest wrote:
And, if you truly respect women, you would allow them to choose the gender they wish to marry. They know better than you do what is right for them .
People don't get to choose the gender they wish to marry; women get to choose the individual man, nobody can redefine marriage based on personal predilection.

If you respect women, respect law, DOMA and Proposition 8 were legally enacted law. If government won't enforce and defend law, vote them out for government that will.

Female soldiers shouldn't get to select which job they want, if they don't physically qualify. The reason there are now women in combat is because they don't meet the physical fitness requirements. Combat is very strenuous and forcing women what they are unfit to do causes death, illness and injury. Good leadership means healthy troops.

Quest wrote:
Making decisions for other people, based only on your own biases, is certainly not respect. Far from it.
Keeping women out of combat units because the don't meet the physical fitness standards is just good sense. Now, the military has separate standards for males and females, along with separate job descriptions. If women get combat status, they must meet physical standards, else the jeopardize mission, life and limb.

Leadership is making moral decisions; if the left insists on women in combat, then segregated units are the only way to succeed. Else, we're just self destructing by political polarization.

I've always written, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Private behavior is private, I don't care about sex lives, I care about law and its change. Keeping marriage law as is, one man one woman, is just good stewardship. Many homosexuals share my view that court imposed same sex marriage law is bad because it takes from the legitimacy of referendum democracy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I do respect them, and will give them the same rights as anyone else.
There is no gender equality right, combat is strenuous and women don't meet the standard, most men don't meet the standards, of combat unit physical fitness. I respect reality, gender equality doesn't exist.

That doesn't mean you can behave unfairly or neglect valuable assets; if the administration insists on women in combat, let it be in segregated units, for everyone's safety.

Big D wrote:
If they want combat roles and can handle the job ( many have already shown they can ) I won’t be the one to stop them.
None have shown they can pass infantry or any combat MOS's physical fitness standards; that's why they don't qualify. Most men can't meet those physical fitness standards either; and our military strives for excellence. Lowering standards is a step backwards, toward defeat.

Big D wrote:
Same as I will work for equal rights for gay folks.
I support equal rights for gay people, just not special rights to rewrite marriage law. I'm pro gay because I always write, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Also note, many gays and lesbians agree with us, bisexuals too!

Keep marriage as is because radical social change can be very bad. Very, very bad.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
Men ars also in the line of fire even if not in combat units.
True, but combat units are designed for the line of fire. Support units have different functions and different physical requirements.

If we lower physical fitness requirements, lower them for everyone and segregate units, if not by gender then by fitness standards. At least, our combat units could function the way they have for thousands of years.

If you respect humans don't go into ill conceived battles.
Lowering standards will result in death, illness and injury, battles inevitable outcome. Changing policy mid war might be a bad idea.

Maybe admitting they needed to be paid for up front (by having us tax payers fork over BEFORE proceeding) would have made us take a different course in the first place.
This must be the 'war is expensive' argument. The only thing worse than winning a war is losing one.

That was not only Bush's failure, but ours for embracing it with great enthusiasm.
I favor regime change in Afghanistan, down with the Taliban. This is where we differ.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is the key identifying factor of gays...
Well, except for the simple fact that the majority of gay folks don't engage in it, and the majority of straight folks have tried it.

And how would you go about identifying who is gay by this factor?

By this standard, the majority of folks would be gay, wouldn't they?

I think that means you are completely surrounded.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the surrender argument. But losing a father isn't as great a loss as losing a mother, in terms of demographics..........
Tell that to his wife and kids.

The bottom line is that, like so many other things in life, it should not be up to you to choose. It's up to the people involved, people making well reasoned choices, based on their abilities, goals and dreams.

Would I make that choice? No Way. Unless there was no other way. I would not have the physical ability to do it, but I know men and women who do.

And you cannot choose for THEM.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
Tell that to his wife and kids.
Let's be clear, you want more husbands and children to be told of the loss or injury of a woman combat soldier; this is where we differ.

Quest wrote:
The bottom line is that, like so many other things in life, it should not be up to you to choose.
Leadership is choosing; I choose life. It is up to each of you to choose right over wrong, no matter personal preference.

Quest wrote:
It's up to the people involved, people making well reasoned choices, based on their abilities, goals and dreams.
Once they volunteer, they are part of the organization and share group goals. It's up to leadership to make sure those goals are focused.

I support women combat troops only in segregated units, to preserve life and get objective data.

Quest wrote:
Would I make that choice?
We all make a choice, if you choose not to serve, I'm OK with that. You aren't a bad person if you don't serve, you aren't unpatriotic.

Very few qualify, less have the physical attributes for training and advancement. Women can't pass the physical fitness tests, when they are unisex. The scores are adjusted by gender and age.

Quest wrote:
No Way. Unless there was no other way.
Which is it? Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Quest wrote:
I would not have the physical ability to do it, but I know men and women who do.
Please name any women that's passed a combat course without injury. Please name one that passed without injury. They don't exist because the training is too physically strenuous.

Quest wrote:
And you cannot choose for THEM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salton City Discussions

Search the Salton City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mis kites 15,915
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Ocean 7,835
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
Imperial County Sheriff's Deputies involved in ... Jul 18 The people 44
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Steady as yeah goes 3,765
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Imperial County was issued at July 24 at 2:02PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salton City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salton City People Search