Can't Take This Down ,SCSD

Posted in the Salton City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Stockton, CA

#1 Sep 26, 2007
I have posted many letters concerning the safety of the Salton Community Services District employees. Apparently the management is more concerned in hiding the facts mailed to them. To cover all safety issues I had sent packets of letters and pictures of wrongdoing to other institutions such as, OSHA, Union, Water Quality Board, Imperial County Fire Department, Imperial County Planning, Workers Compensation Insurance, Several T.V. stations, The Desert Sun, and more.
The Communities need to know how dangerous it is for a person to work in a 15 foot deep hole without protection of a cave in. This action is to save a life from serious injury or even death.
Now that SCSD, Management, Lead/Foreman, and Board of Directors are aware of their careless concerns for employee safety should set in place a moratorium of anyone going into a hole that is over 5 1/2feet, without protection.
I am in the process of putting up copies of letters and pictures for the PUBLIC to see. I consider this private property and for them to stay posted until I take them down. I know which agency takes them down. It is the PUBLICS RIGHT, to see for themselves how their TAX MONEY is being spent.

Since: Apr 07

Salton City

#2 Sep 28, 2007
I know people are waiting for me to jump all over this.I have seen the pictures and letters.I even recieved an appolgy letter for my name being trroen into their mess.
I can truthfully say that the pictures do speak in what the letter stated.I hope tey are put up soon for all to see and read.i doubt that anything will be done in the near future. They are still going down deep holes at this time with no shoreing.When will they learn?after someone gets hurt or killed.Disgusting! I do agree to vote to get some new and bold people on the Board.This can't go on.If you see something wrong reort it,the more complaints they have they will have to do something about it!
Eyes and Ears

Fort Morgan, CO

#3 Oct 4, 2007
My move to the Salton Sea area is almost complete. So watch out SCSD. The secrets will come out. Wondering if you have been contacted by your Workers Insurance Compensation Carrier or any T.V. Stations yet. You wouldn't tell the truth or anyone anyway. But I will! Just watch for future unannounced picture taking so the people can confirm the letters and pictures sent and received. Well I have too get ready for some posting as promised in my last post. How does it feel to be on the other side of the fence wondering about your cover-ups?
If you had done your job right in the first place there would be no need for this. So now I have more time to watch if you are following the rules or laws that are set in place. They will be voiced if not.
Imari Love

AOL

#4 Oct 6, 2007
Welcome to the Circus!
Not Listening to Hear-say

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2007
All records at the District office are public! That means that anyone filling out the appropriate paperwork may obtain a copy of those records.
Anyone asking for a copy of the inventory records dated March, 2007 will be able to see that crew members themselves (in their own handwriting) not only listed shoring equipment but also safety equipment for everyday use.
Any employee feeling that they are in danger when doing (or ordered)to do a job has the right to refuse to do that job!
You can provide every opportunity to another human being to utilize what is available to them, but you cannot make them use it!
Management's fault? Maybe. Foreman's (leadman's) fault? Yes. Individual employees' fault? Most definately!!(But they will be the one collecting workmen's comp. money right?)
Where do you want to place the blame, Wrenchhand9??
Imari Love

AOL

#6 Oct 7, 2007
Yes anyone can request Public Records. But remember your public records request also become Public record for anyone to get as well.

If OSHA found a problem believe me they would have shut down the SCSD giving them a huge fine. OSHA has been out to the SCSD on many occasions and the SCSD either got a correct or cure notice or nothing was found to substantiate the claim made.

The SCSD Crew is in a Union now and has Union representation. One Director that IS in a UNION didn’t want to recognize this UNION for the SCSD Crew; this is the same one that brought the pictures and letter to the last SCSD Board meeting and the same one that used Mr. Davis’ name as the “informant”. So good for you for not listening to hearsay, get a copy of last months recorded SCSD Board meeting and take a listen, it is most informative.

What I want to see is this bickering end, and the SCSD to have an open book policy and not to have to hear or read information that has been twisted and tweaked from Board Director Barrett, his wife (or any of the imaginary “reporters: he has invented) in a web-based newspaper that resembles nothing more then a tabloid like The SUN or The Enquirer. It’s not all “cloak and dagger” out on the West Shores, but there are a few that want people to believe that, and that’s sad.

Those Board Members need to remember they were elected to serve ALL of the people in the Community, not just a selected few. They are also not to get involved in the day-to-day running of the SCSD Office, Sewer Crew or Fire Department. But many have, and a few even destroyed a very good FD in Desert Shores over 2 years ago, and there are Directors today that are destroying the SCSD Community right now, this very moment, this very second. It will take the people to get fed up and recall a few, demand for effective Government from Board members that are at meetings only to cause harm. If they have lost the usefulness of representing the SCSD Community or can’t fulfill their elected duties or obligations they need to step down or the SCSD Board needs to appoint someone to finish out that term.

Just a little thought with your Sunday Morning Coffee and donut.

Since: Apr 07

Salton City

#7 Oct 9, 2007
Imari Love, OSHA did see problems and gave the District 30 days to clean up their act or else.A letter from OSHA dated Aug. 31,2007 was recieved by the District on Sept 17,2007.
This is what the District does.Hide it as long as possiable until they get caught. Ask for a copy of the letter showing the violations that need to be corrected (3 PAGES LONG).If they don't give you a copy I will have a copy of mine made and give it to you.
Imari Love

AOL

#8 Oct 9, 2007
I had a Public Records request in for Documents... when Susan was there I'd get all kinds of hassles... I later found out when I ran for election it was her and one Director that printed those flyers on SCSD machines about my religious beliefs and posted them all over town.. it seems that instead of facing what they know they should some like the smoke screen and search and destroy tatic... really sad... I hear she's waiting tables now... but the Director, he's still on the Board... well at least until he's voted off.

I have to run I have to get some work done today some how some way ;)
SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2007
To read more of what Imari describes as "cloak and dagger" journalism go to www.saltonseawest.com

The documents there are the real deal,see for yourself.
EYES AND EARS

Hereford, AZ

#10 Oct 12, 2007
I am gone for a week and now it is getting interesting. I am glad to see the involvement. I'll just sit back and enjoy this for a bit. Gives me time to unpack. One more Van Full and I will be moved in. I do hpoe more citizens get involved and share their feeling what they want out of this Community.
It starts with a change. Could this be the beginig? Tell the SCSD, what you want not what they think you want!
Imari Love

AOL

#11 Oct 12, 2007
You know Director Barrett, don't assume to know what I mean. You make an ass out of yourself when you do.
EYES AND EARS

Stockton, CA

#12 Oct 13, 2007
You both are representing candidates for the Board Seats. Is this how it will be if elected? It is time for a change and the campaign between the both of you and are exactly doing what this Board is doing. Trust me, this is only showing what will happen if elected.
It is time to set the differences aside, it is interfering with your thoughts on working for the Community. We want a Board for the people and will act like Adults. How will anything get done? Can either of you set the who is who aside and work for what this District Needs?
That is what the the People want to see. Bury your dislikes of each other and stop the mudslinging. Shake hands for when it comes to the Community. Listen too each other and argue in a respectful way if need be. Combine your ideas if you have to. This is for the People, Not each other. Good Luck!
SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#13 Oct 14, 2007
Eyes and Ears, as a director I've exposed so much graft and corruption in the district that it'd make your head spin.

If things get "loud" it's just the sound of the "old ways" squirming in death thrawls, they know their time is short.

There are still many "improper activities" going on at the district and I will give the new board the same chance to set things right, but if they make a conscience decision like the last board did to cover things up, hope they going away, or shoot the messenger, then yes, things will be the same. It's going to be up to the 2 new directors to step up to the plate and take a homerun swing at the graft and corruption that is the SCSD.
EYES AND EARS

Stockton, CA

#14 Oct 14, 2007
This is what we need from all the Board. My views are with you about the issues you have and are fighting for. I appreciate your input. I stand with of the graft and corruption. Keep hanging in there. Hopefully help is on the way.
Imari Love

AOL

#15 Oct 14, 2007
I represent MYSELF. I own my actions and take responsibility for what I say. I don't hide behind a keyboard or fake "news reporter's" on a website. I'm not running for a seat on the SCSD Board this time around.

I'm more like the Community Watchdog.

There is a lot that needs to be fixed within the SCSD. It's the process I have problems with at this moment in time, how do you get a proactive approach to solving the problems... thats what the board needs to figure out and then DO.

Come to the Board meeting this Tuesday night, it starts at 7PM sharp, 2098 Frontage Road Salton City, CA . I'm sure everyone will be on their "best" behavior.
SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2007
Imari,

How can there be a proactive approach when there are directors that don't feel that it is necessary to correct the past and current legal indescretions of the district.

Imari Love

AOL

#17 Oct 17, 2007
Jim,
First and formost the personal attacks need to stop. The process not the personality needs to be addressed, if and when that happens there will be a major shift in the SCSD Board of Directors. But I don't see that happening at the moment.
It's about an annual review of policies, has that ever happened in the SCSD history? The answer is no. Is there a up to date minute book, resolution book, ord. book that the Community can come in and look through? Not really.
It's about the Board working together as a team, showing the Community that they really care about our future. It's about each and every one of you being a vauable part of the team and sharing what you know or find out before a vote in a manner that does not berate or belittle one another, should that be happening? Yes right now on this Board, but its not.
So I'd suggest to you that after the election is over the new Board members and the old contact CSDA and ask for help, thats why the SCSD pays those dues, or maybe even contact BHI Management Consulting (Brent H. Ives) and ask that that he wear the bullseye at a few Board workshop so that the SCSD Board, staff and Management can hammer out their problems, and maybe start working togeter in a proactive manner.
Just my opinion, milage varies...
Imari
SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#18 Oct 17, 2007
Hopefully with a flush of the handle the Community will get two new directors that are not afraid to ask legal counsel the tough questions. Until then I will not let up in my atempts to get this Board and the District on a firm legal footing.

A prime example of what I run up against is the way that the other directors, that haven't even studied the aspects of the Public Contracts Code, poop pooped my comments at last nights meeting about the interim pond and fencing being one project that exceeded $25,000 thus by law should have been let out to bid...one doesn't need to be a lawyer to look up code on the internet and understand what's printed in black and white.

The closest the citizens have to a functioning set of books is found in the government document pages of www.saltonseawest.com which is a private website as we all know.

And what good would an annnual review of policy be when management doesn't follow the Boards directives? Last night is a good example. Where was the lawyer that by resolution was suppose to be at every meeting? The General Manager (and no doubt Director Butler) decided to tell the lawyer not to come. That is just one of many examples of Board resolutions being ignored.

Do you know what happens when certain subjects are brought up before a Board meeting that certain members or certain managers don't want brought up in public? First they spend tons of your tax dollars on lawyers trying to find loopholes to exploit instead of doing what is fair and moral. And if that doesn't work they spend more tax dollars on lawyers to shoot the messengers.

I will give the new Board the same courtesy as I did this Board when I was first elected two years ago to start the process of setting things right "behind the scenes" and then have the Board go public with a FULL explanation of the problem AND what the Boards' going to do to rectify things. But if I run up against the same attitudes as this board of "you tell the public too much information", or "but we need the money" or "what are you...a lawyer" then all bets are off.

I did not not run for public office so that I could keep secrets and mislead the public. Nor did I run to impose "improper" fees and taxes just because we're broke. And it certainly doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that the speed limit is.
Imari Love

AOL

#19 Oct 20, 2007
No you ran to spend $68,000.00 of the peoples money (to date) on legal fees due to your "games" and by not bringing items up BEFORE the SCSD Board voted. Before the SCSD stopped including the BB&K invoice in the monthly packet.. it's marked very clearly as to why and what the money was paid out for. It's 87% becasue of your stunts. How do you suggest to pay back the peoples money that you have squandered?
EYES AND EARS

Stockton, CA

#20 Oct 20, 2007
Imari Love wrote:
No you ran to spend $68,000.00 of the peoples money (to date) on legal fees due to your "games" and by not bringing items up BEFORE the SCSD Board voted. Before the SCSD stopped including the BB&K invoice in the monthly packet.. it's marked very clearly as to why and what the money was paid out for. It's 87% becasue of your stunts. How do you suggest to pay back the peoples money that you have squandered?
If the rest of the Board was doing their job, then BB&K, would not have to sit at the meetings! SCSD did this before and it backfired on them. Seems as though it's happening again, and again, and again! Sad that they can not work together as adults and I am not talking about one person. All are to blame!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salton City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want to buy cheap land near the salton sea (Nov '08) Jul 22 castilloviejo 35
What type of business are lacking in the Salton... (Sep '08) Jun 27 maryanorvell 26
News Tragic collission near Salton City (Nov '07) May '17 Well Well 29
grocer (Oct '09) Mar '17 Mr parsons 7
New owners of Captn Jim's in Salton City (May '15) Mar '17 Hanks is the mann 2
Wayne Davis Mar '17 Jim banks 2
Why Worry About Legacy? (Aug '09) Feb '17 Jim banks 19

Salton City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salton City Mortgages