What do we do with Director James G B...

What do we do with Director James G Barrett now?

Created by RECALL JAMES G BARRETT on Nov 8, 2007

243 votes

Click on an option to vote

RECALL JAMES G BARRETT NOW!!!

wait 2 yrs and hope he loses

Give him enough rope

let him do Torri's strategy

Let him show his foolishness.

Let him play lawyer badly!

He gets a life, and MOVE out

We help him MOVE out!!@!

sensitivity training 4 him

Send him to finishing school

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Imari Love

AOL

#1 Nov 8, 2007
I'm right with your all we need is 10 people that will sign the form, and we start it!!!

RECALL Director Barrett NOW!!!!!
SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2007
The people voted me in for 4 years.

Why do you have such a problem with DEMOCRACY?

You lost the election to me two years ago. Your husband did also. And then he lost his bid for a seat again on Tuesday.

It seems that you are the one that needs to get a life.

I grow tired of your ignorance, and that is the last word.
observer

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2007
Recalling mr.barrett would be the best thing this community could do. He has caused nothing but trouble.
EYES AND EARS

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2007
Seems that everyone is Tone Deaf when it comes to Board Members. Why is it that when the rest of the Board gets caught with their pants down there has to be an escape goat?
Two wrongs do not equal one right. You people should be happy that instead of facing large Lawsuits, someone is there to bring this out. Even if the others "Cry Foul", they should have looked into the project a little deeper. If one can find it the others should be able to. Jumping in to a ditch without knowing how deep it is seems to be they way things are going now. WAKE UP! What the Board tells you is one thing. Check the facts before you ridicule. Apparently Mr. Barrett has been right on several occasions and the Board followed through. With egg on their face but still found out he was right. Now you want a Recall The world is changing and so we must change also. A recall is not the answer. A better performance from the SCSD is. One reason they are running scared is because someone is looking over their shoulder and they they will get caught with their hands in the Cookie Jar.
Imari Love

AOL

#5 Nov 10, 2007
Director Barrett

Yes the people did vote for you and your song and dance 4 years ago.

Some people thought that'd you'd be good for the Community, now most of those people feel you and your wife are part of the PROBLEM not part of the SOLUTION that will bring our COMMUNITY out of the darkness.

DEMOCRACY:
http://m-w.com/dictionary/democracy
Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy
Pronunciation:\di-ˈmä -krə-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural de·moc·ra·cies
Etymology: Middle French democratie, from Late Latin democratia, from Greek dēmokratia, from dēmos +-kratia -cracy
Date: 1576
1 a: government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2: a political unit that has a democratic government
3capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy— C. M. Roberts>
4: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

I have no problem with Democracy Director Barrett, but you seem too. When 3 out of 5 Directors vote AGAINST what you want, you throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old, or write not so true stories on your website, some of it has bit's or truth but it's smothered by the feces that you layer on top of it.

You see Director Barrett, Your part of a 5 person team. YOU are NOT the TEAM by yourself, even though thats what you have stated over the last two years after your election to the Board. Your true colors are showing through that veneer of yours.

What I find strange is didn't Director Butler ask you to run for the SCSD Board??

Yes I lost in the election two years ago, but again I didn't have the capital outlay that many that were running did. I also had the disadvantage of you Director Barrett, Director Buttler, and the Editor of the paper Everett English doing a smear campain on my personal life and religious beliefs. During that campaign many people showed their ignorange and bigoty and fear.

You won because of the FEAR of the UNKNOWN that you spoke about in your letter to the voting populace of the SCSD when you ran 2 years ago. You played a good game, and now people are wondering who is at fault for this sesspool you've created: they only need to look at themselves, as the people 2 years ago believed your hype.

In a Democratic Society there is one recourse that the PEOPLE have to remedy an Elected Official who has let POWER go to his head: RECALL

So I'm all for Democracy, the true Red, White and Blue version. Not your diluted sence of what it means.

If your grow tired of hearing for your Constituents, maybe you should resign quietly. You were elected to listen to all of the Community, not just a select few.

But be informed I and others grow tired of your pompous demeanor, and insulting attacks.

And I do know that this is NOT your last WORD to me.

-----
SCSD Director Barrett wrote:
The people voted me in for 4 years.
Why do you have such a problem with DEMOCRACY?
You lost the election to me two years ago. Your husband did also. And then he lost his bid for a seat again on Tuesday.
It seems that you are the one that needs to get a life.
I grow tired of your ignorance, and that is the last word.
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

#6 Jan 16, 2008
Here is one solution to the directirship of Jim Barrett, recall him. That means walking your community, meeting and discuusing events with people, and sharing your opinions in an open and free forum. It means no angry statements about a person's mental abilities or limitations. Mr. Barret has let it be known that his disruptive behavior is not going to stop. When he continues his behaviors then we, the people who are his constituents need to take corrective actions. A recall effort takes shoe leather on the streets, a phone at the side of your head, talking to people, these people being a percentage of the registered voters, and money. So, I put it to you and all other residents of the West Shores, are you willing to put up the money and the time to recreate our community, remove a disruptive director before our community is irreperably harmed? I am.
just a thouht

United States

#7 Jan 17, 2008
May be he should be concradulated for having the courage to keep on exposing all of the districts illegil behavor.
Not Listening to Hear-say

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2008
Do you understand that if Director Barrett takes away the $21.00 per year for the standby fee for vacant lots that we as property owners, with a home, will probably begin paying close to $40.00+ per month for sewer user fees??($480.00 per year on your property taxes).
The additional money from the vacant lots has kept our actual user fees at a very low rate. Compare to Brawley, Imperial and Calipatria. Their sewer user fees are at least $10 to $15 higher than ours.
The District has not raised 'user' rates because it had the standby fee to suppliment.
Director Barrett wants to refund all of that money for the past (upteen) years and BREAKS the District. Then how does the District maintain the system?
Raise the sewer user rates. Prop 218 allows that because the increase would only be to maintain the system.
DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FLUSHING YOUR TOILET????
He may get a 'pat-on-the-back' for refunding money to vacant lot owners; but he will have to explain to the current homeowners living here (using the sewer system) WHAT THE HELL HE IS THINKING!!
observer

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2008
I bet there is money avialable for a recall. Just need a group to start the recall
AKA SCSD Director Barrett

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2008
My agenda item on Tuesday was to have an Engineer prepare a report that would allow the District to legally assess a sewer standby fee on vacant lots where sewer is availible.
The Districts legal counsel is preparing an opinion on the suject for an upcoming public study session on the matter. The date of the study session will be set after the lawyers finish their opinion.
BTW "not listening" could you explain to me the morality behind having someone that just owns a piece of dirt paying to subsidize services that YOU are receiving....sounds a little facist to me.
BTW, the Directors swore an oath to protect the residents AND the property owners....seems a little self serving if a legislator only protects the voters, while putting an unfair burden on the property owners...now that IS facism

United States

#11 Jan 17, 2008
Forgot to mention the people getting the standby money back are vacant land owners. NOT CURRENT USERS OF OUR CURRENT FACILITIES!
Not the people using the current sewer system.
They won't miss the fire department, the parks and etc.
THEY ARE ALSO NOT THE CURRENT VOTERS!!!!
Good luck, Mr. Barrett, at your re-election!

Since: Apr 07

Salton City

#12 Jan 18, 2008
To obtain the money needed legally is one one thing. To obtain it behind closed doors is another. My taxes pay for this structure of the SCSD, being honest with the people.
Even I know of things that have been done improperly. Why did I not Speak up, when a person states something wrong and is ignored by the Management and Board I use to think whatever, they are going to get away with it anyway.
This is why I want my TAX DOLLARS to go to QUILIFIED PEOPLE,that know how to run a company. Not someone that thinks they know. It may cost extra but we will get rid of the buffoonery that we have now! No more band-aides for something tha is broken!
As for the poll i say none of the above.At least he is trying too keep the District honest. I don't see anyone else doing that at this time........
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

#13 Jan 18, 2008
Those of you that want to start a recall maybe we should get together and meet or we could form a _Committee NOT to re-elect James Barrett_?

I'll I can say is spread the word, don't let your friends vote to re-elect Director Barrett!

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2008
FYI "SCSD Meeting Attendee" is actually Imari Love (Sheri Nguyen)- thus saith the reverse ISP lookup matrix.

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

#15 Jan 19, 2008
AKA SCSD Director Barrett wrote:
FYI "SCSD Meeting Attendee" is actually Imari Love (Sheri Nguyen)- thus saith the reverse ISP lookup matrix.
No wrong as usual Director Barret, buy a vowel, get a clue...but stop trying to smear me with your feces.

You have been told by the SCSD Board of Directors and District Counsel to STOP using your title, but you still haven't listened. I guess you enjoy being censured.

I have stayed out of your "fray" until now. Take your poision, and infect your own web board, not this one. People tire of reading your rhetoric.

Since: Apr 07

Salton City

#16 Jan 19, 2008
Good -Bye....Not here to read quips.

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2008
The Board of Directors has no say in what screen names I go by. There is not one person that reads this Blog that can honeslty claim that they believe that I am speaking for the Board when I post here under the name "AKA SCSD Director Barrett".

I have on tape the district lawyer saying this:

I just wanted to say, your right (Director Barrett), you do have the 1st amendment right to say whatever you want and use that title (SCSD Director Barrett). But what the Board is saying is that if you do exercise your 1st amendment right in that way you’re creating a situation where there could be potential liability for the District. And so they’re saying would you please not do that any longer. Yeah you can do it, but we’re saying please don’t do it because it could result in a lawsuit against the District, that's all.

United States

#18 Jan 19, 2008
So why do you continue to do it, Director Barrett?
The Board is 'asking' you to stop. Why do you continue to ignore the Board AND quite frankly, the public, that does not want to hear it anymore?
This blog has reflected several opinions, not many in agreement with you. Why do you continue to go against Board request?
Yes, you can state that you only want to put forward the TRUTH. When stating that TRUTH, please provide PROOF.

United States

#19 Jan 20, 2008
There are many instances of "proof" at www.saltonseawest.com including tons of government documents...I've done my research, have you done yours?

And since when is a "censure" a Board request? It's nothing more than a temper tantrum by 3 (maybe 4) Directors that don't want to hear the TRUTH. Two of them being responsible for some of the illegal SCSD taxes and one that is not domiciled within the District and thus is illegally holding office. The other one is new to the Board, so I'll not involve him in this at this time.

As for your comment about the public not wanting to hear it anymore, I have dozens of emails that state otherwise. But since those are sent privately by individuals their privacy will be protected so that "proof" is not availible for me to show you.

(I know, I know, a "self reinforcing delusion")
SCSD Meeting Attendee

AOL

#20 Jan 21, 2008
I have sent in a News Tip about the Resolution, if it gets posted, the community can read what was passed on Director Barrett.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salton City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing street sign (Sep '11) Apr '18 SS dudeham 2
Towed out of a parking lot Mar '18 maryanorvell 1
Wake up out there! (May '09) Mar '18 SS dudeham 2
grocer (Oct '09) Mar '18 SS dudeham 9
Capt'n Jims bar open on Fridays at 6:00. (Oct '17) Mar '18 SS dudeham 4
We will be new to Salton Sea (Sep '08) Mar '18 SS dudeham 4
looking for Slab City Love Mar '18 Dan 3

Salton City Jobs

Personal Finance

Salton City Mortgages